CHALLENGE! NO ALCOHOL AUGUST!

Options

Replies

• peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Still going strong. No desire to drink, really.
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Today is Day 3...sticking to it, and feeling much better when I wake up in the morning :happy:
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Aug 6th

Days no Alcohol!!

Lana - 6
  • ShaunMc1968
    Options
    I am just back from holidays in france where wine, beers and calvados brandy was my downfall (literally!) If it's not too late, I am in from now.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,969 Member
    Options
    I am just back from holidays in france where wine, beers and calvados brandy was my downfall (literally!) If it's not too late, I am in from now.

*sigh* France. Lucky you.

Jump on this wagon, never too late.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    :noway: I'm out now....I indulged on the weekend....too hard in the summer
  • mrsains
    mrsains Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking 8 months ago and thought at the time it would be really difficult... it has turned out to be way more manageable than I expected! My husband's family is all about drinking and my family loves to indulge in beer/wine too, so I worried I'd be feeling isolated at family/friend functions. It hasn't happened! I drink LOTS of sparkling water and sometimes a non-alcoholic beer, which both satisfy any craving I might have for a drink.

You all can do it! It becomes less of a habit the longer you go, so stick with it! Your body will thank you! Not only has it helped with my fitness goals, it also makes me feel incredible to be the only non-hungover person in the mornings. Especially for those who struggle with anxiety issues, quitting drinking has helped me immensely. I used to find myself depressed and anxious after a night of drinking - not so anymore! :)

GOOD LUCK!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

What do you mean you're out!!! It's only 7 days! You can still jump back on the bandwagon. :smile:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Okay, today has really been a minefield. I didn't cave, but between the grocery store and driving past two of my favorite restaurant, I was really questioning WTH I'm doing. I held strong. But Red Robin has a special $3 off all month for regular customers. I realized I go there because they have the coldest beer. I couldn't think of any food that I wanted there - so I kept driving. But damn them for trying to lure me in via email. grrr.

Day 7 on the board. I'm not going out again, so I'm safe....:grumble:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

What do you mean you're out!!! It's only 7 days! You can still jump back on the bandwagon. :smile:

EXACTLY!! This month I've actually only had...9? drinks. Which is an effing miracle. (I"m playing no shot august)
    My typical total by now would be about.. 35 + about 18 shots. yikes. Just looking at the numbers can be harsh, haha.
    I should start logging how much I drink. I typically use straws to count so I can keep track.
  • cmriverside
    Options

EXACTLY!! This month I've actually only had...9? drinks. Which is an effing miracle. (I"m playing no shot august)
    My typical total by now would be about.. 35 + about 18 shots. yikes. Just looking at the numbers can be harsh, haha.
    I should start logging how much I drink. I typically use straws to count so I can keep track.

That's a huge accomplishment, magj0y. Congrats. . . and :laugh: I used to keep track with stir sitcks, too. Doesn't help with shots though.
  • LynRhea
    LynRhea Posts: 15
    Options
    Sounds like me! Since beginning MFP I have been reading more labels and those booze calories really add up! I won't waste one calorie on booze!
  • petite_boleyn
    Options
    Haven't had a drink since June 9th. So I'm in, if only to continue my sobriety. :)
  • deirdre60302
    deirdre60302 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Still having fun being alcohol-free for the month of August. Went out tonight with friends who were drinking very lovely looking micro brews. I enjoyed a refreshing bottle of sparkling water.
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    4 days sober!!!! Miracle for me :)
  • heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Another mini-victory - I went out on a first date... a not-very-good first date and I STILL managed not to drink. It's a miracle! Hahahaha
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Another mini-victory - I went out on a first date... a not-very-good first date and I STILL managed not to drink. It's a miracle! Hahahaha
    Good for you!!! That would have been a tough one. I'm on day 5 without alcohol.
  • kristin1125
    kristin1125 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Day 9 and still going strong - even turned down an invite to the martini bar yesterday.

Hope everyone else is doing great!
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Great challenge. I am in!!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Day 9 and still going strong - even turned down an invite to the martini bar yesterday.

Hope everyone else is doing great!

I thought about alcohol today, and how I think I will have some on holiday. Don't want any yet though. Just need to keep remembering how horrid the hangovers are now!