NO SWEETS TIL THANKSGIVING--

Options

Replies

• 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    7 days sweets free.

I had to make krispie treats for my daughter for a band thing tonight. Got some on my hand, went to lick it off as I put the bowl in the sink, realized what I was doing and stopped myself. Gotta watch that tongue, sometimes it does it's own thing. :tongue:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :angry: I just realized that I'm probably cheating with the creamer I'm putting in my coffee, huh? Mmmmmm peppermint mocha coffee mate.:love:

Ok, well I finished the rest of it today so I'll start my no sweets journey again tomorrow. :huh:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    7 days sweets free.

I had to make krispie treats for my daughter for a band thing tonight. Got some on my hand, went to lick it off as I put the bowl in the sink, realized what I was doing and stopped myself. Gotta watch that tongue, sometimes it does it's own thing. :tongue:

that's what all the guys say about you-- snicker.
  • Marla64
    Options
    :angry: I just realized that I'm probably cheating with the creamer I'm putting in my coffee, huh? Mmmmmm peppermint mocha coffee mate.:love:

Ok, well I finished the rest of it today so I'll start my no sweets journey again tomorrow. :huh:

Hmmmm-- personally, I wouldn't take points off for it-- I don't drink it because I didn't want the extra sugar in my system across the board-- but, I'm talking desserts, primarily.

But, if you can do without it, you should try-- in my opinion--

Woot for you!!
  • skrumm
    skrumm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My birthday was yesterday and..... well, NO CAKE FOR ME THANK YOU! lol! That wasn't easy either.:laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options
    My birthday was yesterday and..... well, NO CAKE FOR ME THANK YOU! lol! That wasn't easy either.:laugh:

Wowwwwwwwwww-- that's incredible-- you totally win !!!!!!!
  • 72lori
    Options
    I just bought $40 in Halloween candy. It is in the house. Summoning up extra will power. Plus I gotta cut those darn krispie treats. Eeek!
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Well I totally blew it yesterday. Two slices of zucchini bread with laughing cow cheese spread (lite):sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Also having a birthday again for my freind and will be baking a blackberry cobbler tonight.:drinker: :drinker:
  • Marla64
    Options
    I just bought $40 in Halloween candy. It is in the house. Summoning up extra will power. Plus I gotta cut those darn krispie treats. Eeek!

Oh boy-- doesn't sound good-- you can do it.

Me? I bought "the kids" Edy's Pumpkin Ice Cream and Apple Pie Ice Cream-- had one spoonful of each-- won't have anymore-- truly yumsville.
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    NO sweets today, yeah me

not feeling so well, other then TOM came to visit dont know whats going on..

Well off to pay my van payment
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

WOW $40!!!!! I am buying 1 bag of candy and we will probably have extras.
  • 72lori
    Options

WOW $40!!!!! I am buying 1 bag of candy and we will probably have extras.

We get a lot of kids, plus my kids like to make up little goodie bags. Most of that isn't even chocoate. I don't know how people afford to give all chocolate. We'll make up 100 bags and keep the extras loose in case we run out.

I helped my youngest fill some treat bags for school. Didn't eat any. Wanted to. Cut up the krispie treats. Didn't eat even the little eensy weensy hunk that feel off but once again wanted to.

I'm trying to figure out positive self talk for this. Some believe that if you tell yourself, "I am not going to eat candy" all your brain picks out is 'eat candy', basically your brain ignores the not, so if you are using self talk and the word not, you are sort telling yourself to do it. I could try to convince myself I don't like candy, but once again, silly brain gets 'do like candy'.

Candy is gross. Candy is bad for me. Candy is filled with sugar. Sugar is evil. LOL. My brain might be smarter than to believe such words!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    No sweet!!!!!!! And not for the kids lack of effort. There is candy and OMG BROWNIES in my kitchen......

But no sweets for me:glasses:
  • 72lori
    Options
    Went to our daughters band concert where all the sweets that we had to make were in full display on a huge long cafeteria table. The room reeked of cupcakes, cookies, brownies. I watched people fill 12 inch plates full of this stuff and then proceed to devour it all. I ate nuttin'.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Went to our daughters band concert where all the sweets that we had to make were in full display on a huge long cafeteria table. The room reeked of cupcakes, cookies, brownies. I watched people fill 12 inch plates full of this stuff and then proceed to devour it all. I ate nuttin'.

Wow-- very good, Lori-- you, too, Jeannie-- heck, all of you--

The purpose of this exercise is to be extra mindful of the sweets and the hold it has on us. I'm never going to abandon them forever, but must remember to keep them in their place-- a special occasion treat.

You guys are all doing splendid-- you raise me up, people--

For me, I had a couple of licks of the ice cream as I served it to the kids tonight, but marginal-- I'm cool with it. I was close to giving in, gotta tell you, and measure out 1/2 cup--

Then I thought of all my fitness pals, and all their help to me this past year, and my "Do or do not, there is no try," mantra-- and I just couldn't do it--

So, thanks to all of you--

Be strong again tomorrow, my dear friends--
  • amk1725
    amk1725 Posts: 156
    Options
    I had 2 pieces of gingerbread last night, thinking it couldn't be too bad. But it was 260 calories! Yikes! I've learned my lesson and will skip it next time.

Better luck today!
  • 72lori
    Options
    No sweets today. Even filled 100 goodie bags for trick or treat. Chocolate and all was left alone.

9 days totally sweets free. Yes I'm counting.
  • lesliekorn
    Options
    I would love to- my problem is my mother lives with me, and being the typical grandmother she is she's always baking cookies and buying sweets. My only form of self control is to just not buy the stuff, but I have someone else bringing it in the house even though I've asked her not to. Luckily lately I've found myself craving it less and less, but I did indulge in a cookie or two this evening- and just got done working out to make up for it!

Good Luck!
  • ToeTapN
    ToeTapN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm in...
    I really need a good excuse not to over eat all that halloween candy.