Short People Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• koalahugs
    Options
    I'm 4'11" and I currently weigh 129 pounds. I'm trying to get down to 115 but ultimately 110. I started off at 151. At that point, I felt super self conscious, down about myself, ugly, and just uncomfortable in my own skin. I told myself that enough was enough and so I decided to just get off my butt and start. I lost 20 pounds with cardio alone, but I've been including strength into my workouts and it's made such a difference. Add me if you like! :)
  • adeluna76
    adeluna76 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    What does it mean to eat clean?
  • okeedokee5
    okeedokee5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. I've lost 60 pounds over 6 months, and looking to lose about 30 more for a goal weight about 130. One of the main reasons I've been able to lose so much so quickly is because I have a personal trainer who holds me completely accountable each week, which has definitely helped. Left to my own devices, I'd be devouring french fries and ice cream at every turn.

MFP has me set for 1200 calories a day. I always end up eating more than that, but I exercise a ton as well, so I'm never over calorie goal at the end of the day. So far, so good.
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I feel like it's so much harder for us to lose weight! I'm 5'1 with a high weight of 114 about a year and a half ago, and right now I'm hovering between 100-103. My goal is 95 and toned but I've been trying to lose these same 5~ pounds all year, it seems.
  • sweetpotatofry
    sweetpotatofry Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" (and a half, ish) and have currently plateaued at 127 for the past two months! I started at 134 in February and it's taken half a year to just lose these seven pounds... another stubborn twelve to go before 115. At this point I'll probably get there in 2014 :laugh: Feel free to add me!

Also, although MFP has helped me loads in losing these first seven pounds I'm a little afraid of having to count calories for the rest of my life, so slowly weaning myself off counting every single thing and trying to ease into "intuitive eating" these next few months.
  • WickedBean
    WickedBean Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    what about shorter than 4'11. I am 4'9.5" on a good day, if I stand tall.
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Im 5 foot 2 and started off at 155lbs Im down to 131.8 after about a week, the goal I have set up on MFP is 135 but my ultimate is 125. Losing weight when we're so short is hard but I think even little differences show a lot more when we're this height.

You went from 155 to 131.8 in one week?
  • NorseMaiden
    NorseMaiden Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    4'11" As of this morning I've lost 50 pounds since Jan 5th 2012
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    5'1" almost...lost 50...gained some back...re-losing it and then some. The great thing about losing at this height is a little bit makes a big difference. Hubs is 6'5" and he has to lose a lot more for it to show. Of course he loses waaaaaaay faster than I. :grumble:
  • hannahamay
    hannahamay Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and I've lost quite a bit of weight, but I've been toning as well. It may be easy to lose weight, but it's hard to tone. It's hard for anyone, but the results seem to show up faster on taller people. Also, once you do lose weight shopping for clothes is kind of tough. I used to be a size 4 but now I'm a 00 and finding pants that fit without making me look weird is really hard. Shirts are also difficult to find because a size small is too large. I feel bad for complaining because I'm elated that I'm at my current size, but being petite comes with a price. With that said, I still wouldn't change how tall I am (if I could) because being short does have its advantages! :)
  • LisaGore1
    Options
    4'11" and have lost a lot of weight , but still have 20lbs to goal but according to charts I have like 40 lbs to go.......but this is my new lifestyle and will never go back!!!
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    4"11. I have about 30 more pounds to go.

Oh, and I don't go by the BMI chart; I just go by how I look/feel.
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    I'm 5'1", SW around 160 (I didn't weigh myself), CW 141, GW 126ish (I'm being flexible...if I look at my body and decide I'm happy, I'll go to maintenance). It is very difficult to work with such a low calorie budget, but I work out a lot and eat back some of my exercise calories, so I get a bit more at the end of the day.
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am 4'10" and I have lost 7 pounds so far with 53 left to lose.

:smile:
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" (I'm short I admit) and have another 41lbs to go, and have already lost 14 with mfp, and lost 38lbs pre mfp (was active during my pregnancy). Husband is 5'10" 277, but he is mostly muscular, and can eat way more then me. It seems like i look at food and gain lol.
  • xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Is anyone on here short and have either lost weight or are losing weight?
    By short I mean 4'11'' - 5'3''
    Im 5ft 0.

I am 5'1/5'2 and have lost 17 lbs in 4 months :) I currently weigh 121 lbs
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    5'2" 25lbs lost..Feel free to add if you need suport or encouragement
  • cgafriday
    cgafriday Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yep - 5'2" and when I started losing weight (10 years ago) I weighed 280 lbs. Down to 186 but I've been plateauing for the past 7 months. Oh, and I'm 53 so heading into menopause as well. If I even regain a couple of pounds it really shows!
  • StephStepByStep
    StephStepByStep Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet and I have lost 11 pounds so far.
  • tsaarloos
    tsaarloos Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    5'0" here, have lost almost 50 pounds so far and it hasn't actually been that difficult. Interestingly though, I was just shy of 5'1" when I started but lost enough fat from my feet that I'm down to 5' even at this point!

LOL!! I never thought of this...I know I used to be 5' 0.5" but recently measured at 5' 1" I've now lost a total of 32 lbs since March (25 since starting MFP) maybe it's time to measure height again... :)