Short People Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• katsuii
    katsuii Posts: 24
    Options
    I'm 4'10".
    I weigh 141 right now (gained a lot during pregnancy) and my goal weight is 100 lbs.
    As you can see below, I have lost 12 lbs so far :)
  • g3ckogurl
    Options
    5'0. Need to lose about 115. Just started MFP. Hopefully with the help of this website and the phone app, I'll be more successful than prior attempts.
  • ivelisse87
    ivelisse87 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'2 my SW: 171 CW: 152 GW: 125 Feel free to add me. :) I have been on MFP for about 2 months and have lost 19 pounds :)
  • ccorliss
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I should probably lose about 100 pounds. The lowest I ever got was 143, and gained it all back since I was not eating for life, but restricting calories severely to lose weight. This was over a decade ago. Right now I'd be happy to get to 150 and work from there, which is like 65 pounds away. It feels like forever to get any weight off at all. It's taken 12 weeks to lose 10lbs.
  • icklekimmy
    icklekimmy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Hey i am 5'2 and am looking to shift 36 pounds, if i manage that i will try another seven as thats at the top limit of the bmi healthy range. I have the oompa loompa body shape - minus the orange fake tan!!!!
  • AGGUK73
    AGGUK73 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2. Luckily I've never been excessively overwight, well no more than around 28lbs, however I'm still always in constant 'diet' mode & I often put this down to my size. We can quite easily resemble umpa lumpas if we're not careful, especially as around my middle is where I carry most of my excess weight.
    Now I've found MFP I'm hoping I have found a tool for life in weight management. I intend to shake the diet head & swap it for a consistent healthy lifestyle. My problem is not what I eat but my portion sizes as I have a hugh appetite for a little un & adore anything that's bread :sad: Our main problem is that we just cannot eat the same amount as taller people. This seems cruel & unfair for us shorties. Ive lost 11lbs in as many months, with only walking as my excercise & most w/ends I break it. However I'm on such a low calorie intake of 1200, & I'm not comfortable with this as I know it's too low. As I only have another few pounds I would like to lose I'm going to start to gradually up my cals, as I don't mind if these last few pounds take longer to shift, afterall it's a lifetime change not a quick fix.
    I'm still gonna dread holidays & xmas though when I know I cannot resist indulging alot :tongue:
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    5' 1".
  • Aurorakitty
    Options
    5ft nothing and lost about 16lb over year period. I just can't seem to lose enough over one month so I'm hoping this website will help me do that. With only walking and biking as excersize I gain most of my weight back on weekends and holidays. Dreading Christmas!
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I just joined today...I'm 4"10", started at 219 lbs Oct 2010, have lost 29.2 lbs so far...I'm really just part time..at this, no exercise, as I work at a desk job, and am too tired to try to get active...and rest all weekend.....I drink a diet protein drink in the morning, watch it at lunch (about 600 calories then)) sometimes eat a handfull of almonds for dinner or other snack, eat out 2 or 3 times a week and choose whatever I want...I do not restrict myself other than this...if a coworker brings in donuts I usually will have one...I used to take more before I tried Raspberry Ketones 500 Mg twice a day...this helps with hunger and resisting temptation....I have 65 lbs more to go...my doctor says I'm doing it the right way, slowly
  • princesskv30
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and looking to lose about 30 pounds.
  • justamyagain
    justamyagain Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and am 7 lbs from my ultimate goal! Yay, go me! Lol. It's funny, I didn't realize just how short I am until I really started losing. I am tiny! Haha
  • chollaway11
    Options
    Hi! I am 4 11, and my goal is to lose weight!
  • louiesa55
    louiesa55 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    i'm 5 foot even my starting weight was 167.6 down 15 pounds in little over a month want to get down to 25 pounds by my bithday which is jan.25 loseing weight is so hard for me being short just a little weight can show a lot
  • louiesa55
    louiesa55 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    not 25 but 125
  • lbarton03
    lbarton03 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'1" and would like to lose 30lbs to start. The couple of pounds that I have lost have not been easy. I don't exercise as much as I should, which is part of the problem. I hope I can kick this weightloss into gear soon.
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Im between 5ft 3 and 5ft 4 depending on what the scales decide I am on that day lol. Doctors say Im 5ft 3 though :( I also suffer with a severe thyroid problem, ive so far lost 27lbs (had lost more but gained some back at the end of last year) Its coming off just very slowly!!
  • FuneralForMyFat
    Options
    Im 5'3 with a lot to lose! :D
  • KabbyGU
    KabbyGU Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    4'11" here... Got a long road ahead!
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and so far I've lost about 33 lbs. (ticker below will show exact number) I'm not finding it to difficult and I seem to be losing a bit fast. I'm averaging 2-3 lbs a week but I'm also doing a ton of exercise.
  • mousepaws22
    mousepaws22 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    How many calories a day are all the short people ste to? Mine is 1390 but the wieght is not coming off and I struggle to stick to that, don't really want to go lower :-(