tattoos

Options

Replies

• totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hello, :flowerforyou:
    I am 23 years old, and I started get tattooed at 18, [ first tattoo was a memorial to my brother that had passed way, sadly, second tattoo was to my sister who had committed suicide ] Anyway. >.> Off track like usual, I have 24 tattoos and I want to eventually have full sleeves and from my knees down to my ankles along with my whole back, I have a long way to go for any of that to happen but I want to get in shape before I 'treat' myself with more!
    If you want, you can add me and you can request that I put up pictures of my ink and I will gladly do so! :heart:
  • kreuzen
    kreuzen Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    first picture post... wish me luck... This is one of my tattoos.

34014_441646081426_1231294_n.jpg

*crossing fingers!
  • cupcakesnomore
    Options
    I've got 2 tattoos. One on my left wrist that says Believe (for my weight loss) and one on my inner left leg/ankle area. A peace sign with Mickey Mouse ears and 3 hearts (for my kids) intertwined in the peace sign. I love both of them. I plan on getting another tattoo when I reach my goal.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't have any... I really want one but I don't want to get one until I know 100% that it is what I want.... I don't want to just get anything. It has to be special... I'd like to get my kids names on me but I want a design too. Just not sure what to go with..
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't have any... I really want one but I don't want to get one until I know 100% that it is what I want.... I don't want to just get anything. It has to be special... I'd like to get my kids names on me but I want a design too. Just not sure what to go with..

Once you find a shop with a good rep and look at the artists' work you can sit down and talk to him, give him some ideas, and usually end up with something you love :)
  • LittleLessCurves
    Options
    i have the grateful dead bears wrapped around my ankle ♥
  • Maryirene16
    Options
    I have 4. The heart and 6 stars for my kids on my side, angel and devil on my back
    and 2 hearts on one ankle 1 heart on the other. I want one more on my other side when
    I have toned up a little more.
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Here is mine on my back..it is an abstract butterfly. I got it when I became a teacher to represent a new me.
    Untitled.jpg
  • ellenjean19
    Options
    I have a breast cancer ribbon on my wrist, next one is going to be my cats paw prints on my foot and then when I reach my goal weight I'm getting the Shakespeare quote "and though she be but litte, she is fierce." on my ribs.
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    I'm getting my first tattoo done when I reach 140lbs. I'm 21.8 lbs away from that goal atm.
  • deannasw
    deannasw Posts: 47
    Options
    My kids' names in celtic runes on either side of a motherhood knot on my arm. The flags with a word I use to describe each in the language of the country around my ankle: America - HOME Singapore - BEAUTY South Korea - GROWTH Sweden - FAMILY

I plan to get another on my shoulder to represent my family - Grandmothers - EASTERN STAR Grandfathers and father - MASONS My mom - PAINTBRUSH.. I will have the paintbrush in motion with the emblems coming from the bristles.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    White boys with tatoos
    P-Pointed right at you

i put my wife and kids on my right arm, it is in my photos. The mane of the lion actually has their initials, which is my favorite part.

Want to get another on my left arm. Maybe my girlfriend and my other kids (kidding).
  • massagecailin
    Options
    I don't have one yet, but I know what I want. I've wanted these two since my first year of college, which was 8 years ago-so I know I'm serious. They have never changed. I want a blue rose with script "How Great Thou Art" in memory of my grandpa (who raised me) around my wrist, and a tree with yin yang on my foot.
  • jjteddy1982
    Options
    yes i have 4 but i want more!!!
  • Kimberly_SoCal
    Options
    I have three... the one on my profile represents getting my Master's Degree (only one in the family to get one). If you can't tell, it's a graduation cap, tassel and scroll with pansies. I also have a small sexy Tinkerbell and a blue and green hamsa. All are hidden unless I'm in a bathing suit.
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    1. Kanji for Love and was supposed to be Life on my left shoulder, but tattoo guy said it was wrong and I got Love Length instead (getting it covered or removed soon) Got labor day weekend of my senior year of high school.
    2. Butterfly and rose on my lower back. 18th birthday present to myself
    3. My ticker picture, a friend paid me 100 bucks to get another tattoo at the flea market and I didnt know what I wanted, Speak Now by taylor swift was the song that was playing and I knew how to spell it so there it is.
    4. Infinity symbol and heart that twist into an anch on left thigh
    5. Deathly Hallows symbol on right thigh.

Getting more soon
  • aliric
    aliric Posts: 69
    Options
    I just got a heart with ribbons on my foot with my sons name over the heart. He is in heaven so that's my tribute to him. I Love it and yes it hurt a little but nothing you can't handle.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I have full sleve on my left arm including my Daughters name, A large back piece, My sons name running full lenght from wrist to elbow on my right arm, and a deer on my right shoulder.
  • melann1974
    Options
    I have several. I don't know how to post pics of them. I have a flower on my ankle/foot, a triskele on my wrist, a tribal with kanji for Precious (that is what husband calls me) on my lower back, and fifty stars going from my pelvic bone all the way up my side to my shoulder blade. Hoping to get more.
  • shawnakuipery
    shawnakuipery Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love when people get Christian tattoos... especially when their Bible says not to get inked ;)

Can you please quote that passage?

"Thou shalt not get inked" lol

The passage is Leviticus 19:28....which is in the old testament.

Christians today are under the New Testament, which says nothing about tattoos.
    I've actually had quite a few friendly discussions about this same topic recently.

I feel anyone can get a tattoo....Christian or otherwise. That is my interpretation of what it says in the Bible.

Just my opinion. Everyone's entitled to their own.

I don't have any tattoos. I'm not sure if I'll ever get one, though I've considered it. I admire them.
    My dad has 2 full sleeves.

As an educated atheist, I ALSO feel anyone can get a tattoo. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy of people getting religious based tattoos (hell, even quoting the Old Testament). The hard truth is that you can't say, "Oh, we're only the New Testament." That isn't actual Christianity; you wouldn't have the Old Testament at all if that were the case. Furthermore, there are MILLIONS of people who pick and choose what things to follow, rather than question the WHOLE Bible and their whole religion. Trust me, I could elaborate forever.

But I'm just saying ;)

ughhhh really.... its MFP not yahoo answers or youtube.. we need not argue about religion ;)