Vanity avatars

Options

Replies

• warnott
    warnott Posts: 20
    Options
    I fell for this last time and switched my avatar to a picture of me in a bikini!
    Not falling for it this time. Nice try, though :)

wait if i'm vain i'm supposed to have a picture of me in a bikini? am i doing this wrong? oh god.

Simply put, yes.

well, okay. but all the girls are gonna call me "shoulder-pads" behind my back. i can't help my bone structure! women can be so cruel sometimes. :(
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I wanted to post a crotch shot, but I was afraid that people would think I was bragging about having a vagina. "Hey! Look at me! I have a vagina!"
    I have a vagina, however, this is still offensive. Are you trying to say that yours looks better than mine? :laugh:

Yes. Yes, I am. It's the loveliest vagina EVER!

If you need an objective, unbiased opinion, I would volunteer mine happily. :bigsmile:

Chris, you would volunteer your vagina? Or did I read that wrong? ::bigsmile::

If I had a vagina I'd be busy with that instead of on MFP forums right now :laugh:
    <---If you look closely you can see my pu$$y in my pic :tongue:

I hate to admit this, but you got me, got me good. :grumble:
  • petiteLady89
    petiteLady89 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    If I had a ripped mid section, I'd show it off. Has never happened to me and probably won't. So I'm not worried about it. They can show off their hard work. Doesn't both me. It actually inspires me.
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I noticed a lot of skin pics (midriffs only poses) of the "skinnier" MFP members. Is this a "look at me, I'm so sexy aren't I?" thing or a "AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE A RAIL THIN STOMACH LIKE ME IF YOU KEEP AT IT?" message to the not so skinny MFP members? Just curious.

It's a "I've worked my *kitten* off for this and think I look great" thing :drinker:
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I wasn't aware this bothered people. :/

Do you get mad when you see fit people at the beach? How about in movies or magazines?

Smh.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    I noticed a lot of skin pics (midriffs only poses) of the "skinnier" MFP members. Is this a "look at me, I'm so sexy aren't I?" thing or a "AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE A RAIL THIN STOMACH LIKE ME IF YOU KEEP AT IT?" message to the not so skinny MFP members? Just curious.

It's a "I've worked my *kitten* off for this and think I look great" thing :drinker:

Speaking of which nicely done...you actually have a six pack...I have like...a 2 and a half pack :D
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

Yes you do! Celebrate it! :-D
  • supahstar71
    supahstar71 Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I think for new members it can be a little shocking at first to see the body shots (not that that excuses judgmental attitudes about it). I initially was thrown off by it, too. But then you get used to it and pretty soon you get annoyed that people are wearing too many clothes. It's a progression. :tongue:
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options

i also have no problem with rich people driving nice cars or people hanging their diplomas on their walls.

Haha! :laugh:
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I've had 5 kids... I'm proud of my stomach. Stretch marks and all!!
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m1x5swN2f01qzi9p6o1_500.jpg

lmao this is adorable

OMG LOVE :heart:
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    you can bet your *kitten*, the more I lose, the more of me you will see LOL
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I've had such a poor body image for years that yes, I enjoy seeing my progress and using those images as avatars. It's nice to see a pic of me and not cringe, lol.
  • ster81
    ster81 Posts: 249
    Options
    For most I think its to show their hard work hoping it will be a motivation for others to continue pushing...
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Yes, clearly my interest is in belittling and demotivating others so that they cannot accomplish their goals.
  • davidr730
    davidr730 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    A thread like this was sure to bring out the troll! :laugh:
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    I expected this thread to go awry...

But no one expects this:

6a00d8341bf68b53ef01156fb855cc970c-800wi.jpg
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I did not read every post but to answer OP I find it inspirational because these are real people. This is it, the reality of what we can all do if we choose. Every time I start to feel lazy or defeated I look at these pics and the success stories and see that many came from the same place or a much darker place then me and made it. It gives me hope :)
  • 1SlimShaylee
    1SlimShaylee Posts: 204
    Options
    are you really that insecure? if i had a rockin bod (especially after children) i would for sure show it off. it takes TONS of hard work, dedication, drive, willpower and consistancy to look like these people. it is an accomplishment worth celebrating!!!
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Both!

LOL, Mmmmhhhmmm I'm with you!