Vanity avatars

Options

Replies

• xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    why did you pick your picture. prolly because you thought you looked good in it right? ding ding answerrr
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Wow, no. I'm proud of my small back muscles. I've put a lot of hard work and dedication into my workouts. I never imagined that someone would look at my picture and think I'm trying to rub it in. I do think my pic has helped me connect with other like-minded MFPs and I've "met" some really great people here. There is nothing wrong with showing people how hard you've worked.
  • TauTheBull
    TauTheBull Posts: 96
    Options
    Are you jealous???

Vanity is the ultimate icing on the cake if you ask me for both men and women. Aesthetic pleasing to the eyes these avatars are.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Trust me - if I can do one of those pictures it will be a "dang I made it" and I am proud of the hard work I have put in......which can also be read as "yes - it is possible to go from a size 26 to a size 10 if you work hard at it
  • catie_tiu
    catie_tiu Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    OP, whatever you do don't venture onto Bodybuilding.com, or any other fitness site for that matter. You will be furious with the glorious bodies.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    400pancake_bunny.jpg
  • JamieMommy1985
    JamieMommy1985 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think for a lot of people its motivation for themselves, maybe they post them to show themselves "I used to have a stomach like this so I know I can do it" kind of thing
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I expected this thread to go awry...

But no one expects this:

6a00d8341bf68b53ef01156fb855cc970c-800wi.jpg

I expect it.

Or maybe I'm part of it.

IMG_7070.jpg

(I got... the soft cushion!!!!!!!!!)
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    400pancake_bunny.jpg
    I understand this completely.
  • bonsaiblossom
    bonsaiblossom Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's an issue that people are proud of their thin mid-drifts... it should motivate you more, but if it doesn't, don't hate or become jealous because if they can do it, you can too :)
  • nalfavi
    nalfavi Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hell, when I get down to a size that I'm comfortable taking pictures of my midriff and posting them online, I'll also probably be running around naked all day, saying '**** YEAH LOOK AT THIS BODY I WORKED HARD TO GET!!!!'
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I have worked very hard for this stomach and achieving my goal weight!! Yes, I'll admit I am a bit vain. But one year ago you sure as heck would not have seen me post a picture like my current pic. So - no....its not me trying to flaunt it thinking "I'm so sexy" bc I do not feel that way. Its more "I've worked damn hard and I feel like showing it off" and "Hard work DOES indeed pay off".
  • shellebelle87
    shellebelle87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Let me just tell you in advance. When I hit my goals, I will be showing skin my my avatar too. If I have the body to show off, I'm showing to EVERYBODY! I currently don't show skin as much, but believe me, I show these curves every chance I get. You will all bask in my glory! And if you choose not to, that's fine. Just don't look :)

Second. If I am ever thin and hot, I will be biggest *kitten*-y *kitten*-y *kitten* *kitten* on these boards. I will post pictures of myself in costumes that would make late 1980's Cher blush. Seriously. Dental floss and two life savers candies.

Love it!!! Made me laugh! I totally agree!!!
  • bigaussiebloke
    bigaussiebloke Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I love Lamp!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I noticed a lot of skin pics (midriffs only poses) of the "skinnier" MFP members. Is this a "look at me, I'm so sexy aren't I?" thing or a "AND YOU TOO CAN HAVE A RAIL THIN STOMACH LIKE ME IF YOU KEEP AT IT?" message to the not so skinny MFP members? Just curious.

Why do others people's photos have to be about anybody else except the person whose photos they are?

LMAO!!
  • jayne_mel
    jayne_mel Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of what I worked for thanks
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I can imagine that they are just proud of what they've done.. I know i'd be DAMN proud if I had a nice body like alot of these women do. I'd be showing it off too. Trust that!
  • Babymomakell
    Babymomakell Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I just came here to see all the bikini-pics.... =)
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    <
    Guiiiiiillty
  • LeisureRunner
    Options
    I would never post such a pic. Honestly. Just why??