Food Addicts Anonymous??

Options

Replies

• Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Hey, you're sticking with it. That counts for big points. Are you at least feeling any better, physically?
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Hey, bluenote, I was watching something on TV and there was a spot about weight loss plateus. The nutritionist on the show said to change your workout by adding interval training, trying new cardio workouts, or adding 5-10 extra minutes to your workout routine. Hope this helps! :flowerforyou:
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    It is tough stuff hanging in there. you know we have to remember it isn't just a matter of less food for us there is the whole addiction side too. We have to eat...........sometimes for me it is like a tight rope walk. Glad we are here to help each other. ten pounds and holding.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Another win for the little notebook! Today I was helping out with a Girl Scout troop my mom works with, driving them to ice skating and chaperoning the trip. Afterwards, there were... snacks. And by snacks, I mean a lonely little fruit and vegetable platter in a sea of chips and cookies and sodas and brownies. I was writing it all down as I went and that really helped me keep myself in check, just looking at it on paper and realizing what it would add up to later. Seriously, this is the best $3.97 I've ever spent.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    GAH, and just like that, stress level through the roof. I have this whole complicated background situation I'm bringing into this that I'm not totally sure I'm comfortable sharing but the relevant part is that I'm scrambling to put together a trip in the next two days so I can spend Tuesday through Friday of next week traveling internationally for business, and it's insane. I don't want to travel alone because some lily-white girl traveling in Central America alone is like a sunburnt target, the tickets are an arm and a leg, my mother can't get off work, and I have to wrap up my internship a week early for this. Not to mention the food in Honduras - the food! I can't eat cilantro, and cilantro seems to go on everything healthy, and everything without it is delicious, but deadly. ARGH!!!!
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    GAH, and just like that, stress level through the roof. I have this whole complicated background situation I'm bringing into this that I'm not totally sure I'm comfortable sharing but the relevant part is that I'm scrambling to put together a trip in the next two days so I can spend Tuesday through Friday of next week traveling internationally for business, and it's insane. I don't want to travel alone because some lily-white girl traveling in Central America alone is like a sunburnt target, the tickets are an arm and a leg, my mother can't get off work, and I have to wrap up my internship a week early for this. Not to mention the food in Honduras - the food! I can't eat cilantro, and cilantro seems to go on everything healthy, and everything without it is delicious, but deadly. ARGH!!!!

Wowsa, Sun. Have you thought about food plans any further? Best to go with a good mindset.
    Thanks for the plateau info. I think I'll switch up the old bike and add something else to it.
    Yes, I am feeling better - but still on all the meds for another week. I had a REALLY GOOD cry while stretching this morning and I almost feel normal today! :happy:
  • richardsrm
    Options
    glad you are feeling a little better bluenote, Sunshine I am not keen on traveling alone either.......it is one of those things I know I need to start doing. I hate to eat cilantro. I guess I would need to bring a container of slimfast to hondurus or starve:laugh:
    It is sunday my day to over eat..........or should I say battle my demon not to over eat. It is when the house is quiet and there are leftovers from the days before that I seem to think I should eat all of them. God
    Grant me the courage to throw them out and stick with the plan...........just writting it made me feel like maybe today will be different and I won't sabotage my health. I will be thinking of MFP folks as I clear out the frig. Hugs to all Richie
  • Sassy_Girl
    Sassy_Girl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I am sure I have yo-yo'd enough throughout my lifetime to have gained and lost a ton of weight. It is so hard and so many of us find food a comfort, when in reality it is a culprit. I think with me it's about getting my mind on the big picture. I have some personal goals for myself and I need to be able to move to acheive them. Our health as we age doesn't have the elasticity to continue to jump back and forth. I'm now at the age I feel it's now or never. I guess when faced with the option of eating or achieveing my set goals, I just have to decide which do I want most? Though I am a strong believer that you can eat all foods in moderation and planning. We all need to support each other and yes, we may stumble but keep looking at the big goal. For some it's about looks, others it's health, some it is being able to be inclusded, or romance. I like to visualize how it will be for me and that helps me when it gets tough. I'm sure some people probably think I'm just ignoring them when I take these few seconds to visual the me I want to be but I have to do whatever it takes.

Sassy_Girl
  • Sassy_Girl
    Sassy_Girl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That is so strange as I had a 4 pound gain this week and have been 100% on the program with eating, drinking water and doing the excercises to my ability. If you figure out if there's something in the air, please share :)

Sassy_Girl
  • richardsrm
    Options
    :so there I am doing so well tossing out the goodies:sad: then there it is a deluxe opened can of cashews....my grandaughters favorite..............started chowing down...........then ...........yes I stopped myself.....:flowerforyou: I threw out the rest! ran over here to the computer to validate my little victory!:laugh: lord I am going to take a shower and get BUSY!:smile: Good Thoughts today!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Good job, Rich!

Glad you're feeling better, bluenote. :flowerforyou:

Welcome to the group, Sassy!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Woo-hoo! Only half a pount lost in the last week, but I decided to do a measurement check in (because you gotta take your own advice) and found I've lost 3.5 inches off my hips since October!!! Feeling a little better, more prepared to deal with this stressfull week. The thing that gets me about this trip - this was my week to finish up my internship from last semester. Now I have to get a week of work done by Tuesday, and when I get back, I have one day of turnaround before I need to drive back to school. If you're the praying type, I sure could use it, especially since I'll be travelling alone, and the negotiations I'm going into are not going to be easy.
  • lovemykids661
    Options
    hey! my bday is 05/30 too!!!
  • bluenote
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: praying for sunsh1ne:heart::heart: :heart:

Great job on throwing out those snacks, Richie! :flowerforyou:

Sassy, I wish I could say there was something in the air because I had a gain, too. Just keep with it and you will see results. Prob water weight. :flowerforyou:

Going out to eat for a friend's birthday. I love the place we are going to - Hu Hot Grill - I can make my own stir fry with unlimited veggies! :drinker:
  • yolibear25
    Options
    my name is Yolanda from California and I am a food addict i will eat even when I am not hungry I will walk into the kitchen and just pick at something when I went in there to get something out of the junk drawer or take a cup to the sink I will still stop and find something to eat. At work I take snakes and I will eat them healthy snakes but then I will go get more snacks from the vending machine. I was not a fat person growing up I got fat when i was trying to have a baby and kept having miscarriages. I did finally have two daughters 4 years a part to the day. they are now grown up and I am still fat. I need to lose over 120 pounds I will be 50 at the end of this year. I want to lose at least half by the end of this year.
  • ashleypeterson34
    Options
    I'll join! Maybe talking about this with people will help this time. I don't even have to have a bad day, i find myself eating out of shear boredom. Even if i am not bored, if i just know that it is in the house. It is like it haunts me. I had lost 40 lbs when i was pregnant with my second son and have gained 30 of it back. I look at myself in the mirror and am disgusted. At night before i go to bed and i feel so horrible about the days "intake" i promise myself that tomorrow will be different. That i won't eat like a horse (literally). I wake up the next day and "excuse" myself into everything i eat. It is only one hershey kiss. It is only one pop.... I have tried not having it in the house, but then i venture out and find ways to get it. I have dozens of "guilty pleasures" that i indulge in everyday. i live to eat. It is like this has gone beyond my control and halfway through the day i resolve myself to just being fat for the rest of my life. I know a lot of what i am saying is random... i am just writing the thoughts that hit me as they hit me. I work out, walk on a treadmill and other things and i just get hungrier throughout the day. I don't know what to do. I mean, i know what to do, i just don't know how to do it and make it work.
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Yolanda, we all can relate to your habits! I was always overweight as a child by at least 1-15 lbs. We got to eat whatever we wanted and had nightly treats of candy, ice cream and cookies! It is hard to break those habits. Try eating nuts (limited to 20 almonds) or protein (mozzerella sticks) when you are hungry. My goal was to lose weight by the time I was 50 (I had gained 60 lbs. between 40 and 50). I am slowly working on it...I've lost 30lbs. the past three years...slow but better than the alternative. I also have been having health problems due to the weight. Kudos for you to do something now. Stay on this site and give yourself time to change. Welcome!:drinker:
  • ERGB
    ERGB Posts: 5
    Options
    I wish there was an FAA

I'm a food addict, a huge emotional eater. It's funny (not haha funny) someone who smokes can take a pill or patch to help them quit, and when you tell a smoker who is quitting that you're trying to be good and to lose weight they say "just do this, or just do that, or just stop eating the bad stuff" but it's not that easy. My boyfriend quit smoking and he said something like that and so I said to him, "you got to have a pill to help you quit smoking, and you can live without cigarettes, I don't get a pill or a patch to help me stop, and I need food to live." Lets just say he hasn't said anything to that effect anymore lol.

Glad there are tons more of FA out there, sometimes you feel like you're alone, eventhough you know there are many more people out there who are going through the same thing.
  • richardsrm
    Options
    Yolanda, we all can relate to your habits! I was always overweight as a child by at least 1-15 lbs. We got to eat whatever we wanted and had nightly treats of candy, ice cream and cookies! It is hard to break those habits. Try eating nuts (limited to 20 almonds) or protein (mozzerella sticks) when you are hungry. My goal was to lose weight by the time I was 50 (I had gained 60 lbs. between 40 and 50). I am slowly working on it...I've lost 30lbs. the past three years...slow but better than the alternative. I also have been having health problems due to the weight. Kudos for you to do something now. Stay on this site and give yourself time to change. Welcome!:drinker:
    :smile: you are so right slow and steady won the race.............
  • bluenote
    Options
    Welcome, newbies. :flowerforyou: The first step is coming here and letting go. Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!