Options

Replies

• jesus4fr
    Options
    Thank you Kelly.... I will try that.:flowerforyou:
  • richardsrm
    richardsrm Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    Another day off..............good to have the time..........but boy on boy finding the strength or should I say resolve to eat like a normal person........idle time is the OE'S nigntmare:laugh: Hang in there everyone:flowerforyou:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Sunsh1ne Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I guess all this stress is good in that I'm way too busy to overeat today. I just plain don't have time.
  • ottomich5
    Options
    I too turn to food for comfort, silly isn't it. If I am happy, if I am sad, stressed, upset you name it I have every excuse to eat, but this month I have decided to put a stop to it. I am setting goals and i need to stick to them. I am tired of this. I am sooooooo happy that i read this message board, because it really helps when you know your not the only one in the world who can eat a bag of cookies : ) Thanks for the support and good luck to use all. Remember when you fall pick yourself up again, we can do this!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Hi, ottomich! It's not silly to turn to food for comfort. It's something we all struggle with. I once heard someone say "What is patriotism, but memories of what you ate as a child?" It's true. There are foods we eat to remember good times and those are very potent memories. The important thing is to be aware - know that you want X food not because you are hungry, so that you can look for non-food comfort instead. There's definitely a learning curve to it, believe me. (Says the girl taking out her anger on a serving of chocolates.) We're all here for each other and we're all going to make it to our goals!
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    This is it for a while guys - I'll be in Honduras until late Friday night. I'll miss you, this support really keeps me going.
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Godspeed, Sunsh1ne. Be careful and come back to us! :flowerforyou:
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    You'll be in our thoughts, Sunshin1ne! My sweatpants were falling off me today!!!!:bigsmile: Can't remember the last time any of my clothes were too big. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Have a great day, everyone!
  • jhodge
    jhodge Posts: 5
    Options
    Oh, thank God!!! I really thought I was one of the only people who admitted to being addicted to food!!! I just can not make myself stop. I believe it is very similar to all other addictions. I hate my weight and I can not stop eating and eating!!!!!
  • richardsrm
    Options
    Welcome Julie, we are all in the same boat
    Congrats Eva
    Sunshine we will miss you
    Bluenotes Another week, pretty good it has been over a month and I am still here with you.
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    This is so anticlimactic. The hotel got wifi since I was here last, and I brought my computer so I could work on a paper for school. :ohwell:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Eava, I am so proud of you! That is a wonderful accomplishment! Especially since sweatpants have an elastic band and can hold on for dear life! :laugh:
    Welcome, Julie - you are among friends. :flowerforyou:
    Richie! We've stuck together through thick and thin! My good news is I finally lost! I have waited an entire month for this! I lost enough to make my ticker tell the truth! :laugh:
    Sunsh1ne - it may be anticlimactic to you, but we're glad we still have you! Plus you can tell us all about your food choices down there. :flowerforyou:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Well, I came in way under today because my mother is my polar opposite, and I'm traveling with her. At the hotel tonight, we had tilapia a la plancha, which is pretty lean... except that it's served with the Honduran equivalent of fried rice, and potatoes au gratin. I ate the potatoes because I was hungry and knew i had room in my budget, but I can't touch the rice because all the cilantro in it makes me ill. I'm a big fan of Honduran cuisine otherwise, though. I was kind of disappointed, they used to serve the fish with "salsa de ajo." Poison, I'm sure, but it's basically some kind of oil with red pepper flakes and tons and tons of garlic in it.
  • unshackled
    Options
    Hi Im Tammie and an addict -food. I am an emotional eater and I eat when I am sad, happy, afraid,etc... glad this post is here. lost 7lbs 170 to go.
  • Eava57
    Eava57 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tammie. My sweatpants are the velour with a wide waistband that are supposed to "hug" your hips. I got a smaller size for Christmas but they aren't quite "comfy" yet.:smooched: Every little bit helps! And yes, we all love food. We just need to learn how to manage it. You found a great site to start your weight loss adventure!
  • Ms_Lady
    Ms_Lady Posts: 31
    Options
    Hello! Yes, I am a food addict, too! :grumble: Started off in college with the Freshman 15 :angry: , then had a child and added on about 25 more :angry: , and then had ANOTHER child and gained more weight after his birth than when I was 9 months pregnant due to stress :frown: , and then went through a rough divorce which left me even heavier :sick: . So, here I am about 75 pounds heavier than when I started college, and I eat when I'm happy, eat when I'm sad, mad, glad, etc. :ohwell: So, here I am for the ump-teenth time trying to lose weight. :huh: But, I feel confident that if I just stick to ONE thing and dedicate myself to losing the weight for the right reasons, then I'll be okay! :heart: And so will all of you!:drinker:
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Hi, Tammie, congratulations on those first seven pounds! You can do it!

Ms Lady, we all know what you're talking about, so whenever you want to talk about it we're here. The point is to understand why you want a food, acknowledge it, and if you do give in, know that the first bite will be the best and every bite after that will be just a little bit worse, so focus on controling portions of your indulgences and savoring every bite.
  • richardsrm
    Options
    Glad everyone is doing so good. This websit is the best . Lost a pound.....pretty good , just can't let myself sabatage my progress a problem of mine. Hugs to all Richie
  • Sunsh1ne
    Options
    Mmmm, I love Honduras best at breakfast. It's coffee-picking season right now, so there's a vague smell of the bean hanging over most of the country, but there's nothing like starting your day with a piping hot cup of cafe, with a little bit of cane sugar and hot milk to go with it. Eating with my mom, every day is light. We shared toast and a fruit platter for breakfast, which is good, but the key word is that we shared, meaning it was a portion meant for a single person. And then we skipped lunch, because Mom is basically anorexic. So I've been going for ten hours on less than 200 calories, while translating for her because she's helpless in Honduras, and meeting with all sorts of people about the library. GUH. Head spinny. At least I'm drinking plent of water, but I'm going to pass out before dinner. I don't know how this happens, that an anorexic makes a compulsive overeater. I also have no idea how this woman has survived to be 53 by barely eating.
  • richardsrm
    Options
    :laugh: glad you are having a good time.... guess you are going to stop at the grocery store to pick up some snacks for your purse. That coffee sounds great. I have never been to South America, it is on my bucket list . I had plans to go to Peru this summer but it won't be happening. Good Luck on the school work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!