Breasts...

Options

Replies

• skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    Perkiness changes with age. Don't worry about it. As long as they don't fall off you will be fine. And men don't really care. They are happy with anything they get to touch. lol. Mine aren't as perky but still good.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    If you want them perky you need to start strength training that exercises that pectoralis major muscle.
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I don't really share similar stats but I will say I started at 40DDD and now I'm at a 36D and my boobs are similar in "perkiness" as they were before. There are women out there who get saggy, but it's impossible to predict. If they bother you save for a boob job/lift. I still want a bit of a reduction/lift.
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am just the opposite I feel mine are more perky after losing 54 pounds,,...but no guarentee they will stay that way...I have about 40 pounds to go...
    Good Luck!
  • StarIsMoving
    Options
    I am older than you and taller, but if it makes you feel any better, my girls have just gotten better as I go. I do a lot of strength training too though. I have lost 53lbs and gone from a 40DDD to a 36DD and they are perkier now. Not to get too graphic, but my girls used to look at my feet in shame... now they are proud and watching us move "forward", LOL! No complaints here!!! Just make sure you strength train as you lose and your girls will thank you for it :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    What does it matter? The magic of bras will keep everyone else in the dark anyway. :)

true but what about when we take them off ;) hmmmm?

Then the guy is usually thankful that you are even willing to touch him. :P
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    Find a great bra. Try one on in the store and do a few jumping jacks. My DR told me the less they move during a work out the better shape they'll be when I reach my goal.
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I don't really share similar stats but I will say I started at 40DDD and now I'm at a 36D and my boobs are similar in "perkiness" as they were before. There are women out there who get saggy, but it's impossible to predict. If they bother you save for a boob job/lift. I still want a bit of a reduction/lift.

I would have mine put back in their original place if I could afford it maybe. All the young women need to realize body parts start to droop later. It's not a bad thing. Although I have always hated my butt. So for everyone worrying about boobies, wait til it happens to your rear.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    i'm totally in your same boat, ive already lost 4 inches in my chest and am beginning to feel self conscious about my newly small boobs. :(
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Hm ... i'll settle for looking "okay" naked. That would be a milestone. lol
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Every. Damn. Time......................:grumble:

:wink:
  • foraubs
    foraubs Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If they were big before you gained weight they shouldn't change too much.

This.

I had a reduction augmentation 10 years ago and they came back. I think it's destiny, really.

My heighest weight was 225 when I was 9 mos pregnant.
    I started MFP at 198 and am now 174, with 24lbs to go to 1st goal.
    I haven't lost cup size, but I've lost around.

I'm nearly 8 mos post-partum, I run 3x a week, negligible chest exercises and I'm still perky and a DD.

It's a crapchute.

But -- I do think it's safe to say since you're on a weightloss journey that you'd be happier with smaller breasts if they come with a smaller you?

Meh. Just work out for health and wellness and see where you end up. I wish I was losing them while pounding the pavement, but it's just not in the cards for me.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    What does it matter? The magic of bras will keep everyone else in the dark anyway. :)

Hyperfang, isn't everyone's goal to look good NAKED? I know mine is! Can't keep a bra on every moment for the rest of my life. :grumble:

I think that after dropping 75lbs, its a little hard to NOT look good naked.

You'd think so, but I've lost 100 and still don't look quite right. :noway:
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I started at 183.6 lbs in April so I am at 175.6 lbs now but my chest has gotten bigger. I was in a 36/38 C and I tried on a bra today which fit perfect and it is a 36 D!!!!! :noway:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    you'll probably lose them. full chested women (ie larger band size) seem to lose their boobs more so than full -busted (small band/large breasts). and they might even be perky

i started at 5'5 224 pounds as 38G... I've lost in the rib cage but lost nothing in cup size. so since cup size is determined by the difference between your band and bust measurements, i've actually gone up in cup size after losing 30 pounds (i'm now 34I ). i'f i'm lucky i'll actually lose 2-3 cup sizes by the time i reach my goal weight, otherwise it would really suck to be 30KK or whatever :laugh:
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Oh a GREAT sports bra is definitely key!

I love the Enell Brand. They are FUGLY but they work super well. I'm on my third size and if I lose any more boob I'll have to find a new brand :( because they don't come smaller than I currently am.
  • garmel
    garmel Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Whenever I lose weight, my boobs are the first things to shrink. According to the scale, my weight hasn't changed in 3 months of working out, but my boobs are definitely smaller. My bras are hollow. Very depressing :(
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'm not looking foward to my incredible shrinking boobies, but I figure when the become saggy socks w/ tennis balls thats when I'll purchase a new body :D Why work this hard and not feel good naked?!
  • somedaysoon84
    Options
    i'm close 5 5(1/2)
    SW 210
    CW 175
    started at a 38 DD (i've had a kid) but at DD, they can only be so perky to start with... ;)
    currently 36-38 D depending on the bra. they look about the same. ;)
    i wear a bra 110 percent of the time.... i wear an underwire to bed, and have since i was about 14!! i can't let the dogs off the chain.... or they wander the yard!!! hehe
    i would say just do the best you can to keep them supported and chest excercises, as well as weights will be helpful, but that's about all you can hope for.
    if they get saggy, when you reach your goal, call the plastic surgeon, they can hook you up!
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I understand your concerns...and my husband felt the same way... I'm going to be real and to the point. I too am 5'4 and my starting weight was 186lbs and my girls were a full 38DD. Now I'm a deflated 32DD....I kid you not they will go...The only advice I can give regarding that is begin with strength training from the get go....don't wait! But if your breast are what's concerning you from losing weight and changing your life than you need to work on your mindset. When you lose the weight, increase your flexibility, improve your overall strength, have wicked stamina you will be a brand new woman...and your husband will enjoy the benefits...trust me. So yes the girls may go a but...you will be a brand new woman who feels fantastic....and the sex will be fa nominal. You will be able to fit into many outfit where the breast are now getting into the way....ie lingerie But in the end it's your choice....Good Luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!