you might be a RUNNER if....

Options

Replies

• DanielRyd
    Options
    you might be a runner if...

If people ask what happens if it rains during a race, you smartly tell them, "You get wet."

Love this!!!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if you don't keep your iPhone in a case because it's too much of a hassle taking it out so it'll fit in your arm band.

Considering doing this for my Galaxy Note. its HUGE and won't fit most arm bands. Finally got an armband off Ebay but its still a tight squeeze with the phone case attached.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm trying to become a runner...
    ...I'm halfway to doing a 'baby race' as someone calls a 5K
    ...I DEFINITELY have more running shoes than heels
    ...I don't own ANY sports bras, are these required? maybe I could borrow one from my wife :laugh:
    ...I DO have the shoes that are only for running, nothing else
  • phillieschic
    Options
    You might be a runner if...

~ you want to quit after the first minute...but know that by the time you get to mile 1, you will settle in and that you're good for at least another 5...

~ you pee three times within 10 minutes before you start running (especially for us girls who have had kids)

~ you know that the difference between a good run and a bad run is all about the day's hydration, your air and how badly you want a cheeseburger and a few beers later that day...

:drinker:
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    you get upset about injuries because they keep you from running, not because you have actually damaged your body.

126593439495663707_1WTjZZ1R_b.jpg

You might be a runner if you see this picture and get excited to run the hills.....
  • phillieschic
    Options

...it makes perfect sense to say that the 8 mile run you had on Sunday was easier than the 5 mile run on Wednesday... :huh:
  • live2runnj
    live2runnj Posts: 157
    Options
    you might be a RUNNER IF.....

.....you've filled out a race application. If not, you're a "JOGGER".
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and yes to all of these. :laugh:
  • live2runnj
    live2runnj Posts: 157
    Options
    ....you might be a Runner IF

....when training on a treadmill, you always have to be at least 1MPH faster than the person to your left and/or to your right..
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if:

* "Sleeping in" means 5:30.

* You can say the word "fartlek" and not even giggle. Even a little bit. (Okay, MAYBE a little, but not much.)

* You know exactly what's meant, and can feel the pain in your head, of "Bloody Number 11".

* You've ever reached for your deodorant and grabbed your Body Glide instead. (Or Vice versa.)

* You can only keep so many race shirts in your closet, and are excited when you get a tech T, since they're easier to store.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    you might be a runner if..

you are checking out peoples calf muscles

you are constantly checking for running shoe sales so you can start a new shoe into rotation.

your shoe obcession switched from heals to the latest brooks.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    you get upset about injuries because they keep you from running, not because you have actually damaged your body.

126593439495663707_1WTjZZ1R_b.jpg

I'm there, and I'm surprised how sad I've been. I'm running a bit 6 weeks now into my injury but I recall in the first few weeks sitting on my couch, dressed and ready to run (knowing I couldn't) and pouting.
  • SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    if on a beach, you feel like running on the edges where water and sand meets. :smile:
    (even if you get chaffed thighs in your swimming shorts) :explode:
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if you plan a race to do while on vacation! :drinker:
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    You wear your Nike+ sportwatch more than your fancy watch.

You have a tattoo that says 13.1
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You might be runner if: Even if you haven't been able run for months due to injuries you still go through this thread to see which apply to you.

---
    So what I'm not actually running this year. I AM a runner.
  • kodom_123
    kodom_123 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    IMAP tracks your current pace (both mile and speed), your route, your calories burn, your average pace overall and how far you ran and how long you've been running. It's great! Plus you can connect it with Facebook to share with your other runner friends or just to keep track of your work outs. Also, it gives you the options to log your calories on there and automatically logs calories burnt.

I have ben using nike + running.... used to be nike+ GPS. It calls out to me my distance at every mile (I think you can set it for shorter distances) and tells what my current pace is and then at the end tells me how far I went and my over all pace. It tells cals burned etc and plays my music....so is this that much different than the one I am using?
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You see someone running while you are riding in your car and wish it was you.

:embarassed: (all the time)

Everytime!! I also use Mapmyrun app!! LOVE IT!! I really don't think I'd be running like I do if it wasn't for that app!
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options

You've eaten more bugs in your life than donuts
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options

You know exactly which brand of running shoe is best for you and regularly search online for good deals.