Options
    awesome thread -- I resemble these remarks! :bigsmile:

you might be a runner if....

you know what plantar fasciitis is --
    you own "the stick"
    the mention of not running makes your kids run and hide
    you have more gu in the pantry than food
    you have several different colors of the same shoe
    you store shoes in different locations so no one can see exactly how many pairs of shoes you have
    your first question to the doctor -- can I still run?
    you plan vacations around races
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    when you plan your family vacations around a race
  • catlady100
    catlady100 Posts: 154
    Options
    are upset when you get sick because it's messing with your training program.
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options
    if you've killed two iPod shuffles by drowning them in sweat and finally broke down and paid $140 for a waterproof version
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    you might be a runner if...

you have a strict pre-race or pre-long run morning routine to um "get things going"..:blushing:
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    if you've killed two iPod shuffles by drowning them in sweat and finally broke down and paid $140 for a waterproof version

Ha ! I just did this.
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options

you have a strict pre-race or pre-long run morning routine to um "get things going"..:blushing:
    that made me giggle -- knowing the importance of the race day poop!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    you get upset about injuries because they keep you from running, not because you have actually damaged your body.

126593439495663707_1WTjZZ1R_b.jpg

I like your picture! They look like the hills I train on.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options

Ha ! I just did this.

There's a WATERPROOF version?!?!? :love: :love: Hallelujah!
  • DiannaMoorer
    Options

Maybe that's what is wrong with mine!
  • DiannaMoorer
    Options

that made me giggle -- knowing the importance of the race day poop!

Ha.ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha:bigsmile: That is sooooo me!
  • camrunner
    camrunner Posts: 363
    Options

Ha ! I just did this.

There's a WATERPROOF version?!?!? :love: :love: Hallelujah!

http://www.amazon.com/Waterfi-Waterproof-Shuffle-4th-Generation/dp/B00474HQAM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343827359&sr=8-1&keywords=waterproof+ipod+shuffle

I've had mine for 3 weeks or so. It's been great so far.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    * the stickers on your vehicle have numbers (13.1 or 26.2) rather than names...
    * you finish a workout and figure that you can also get in a "quick 5K"...
    * your teen age daughter says "there is something wrong with you" and it has nothing to do with clothes, music, etc...
    * fast food looks more like protein bars and fruits rather than golden arches
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Construction and road work bug the crap out of you...not because you are going to get stuck in traffic, but because you have to plan a different running route.

Like when the sidewalk is blocked for repavement.... but I don't mind gettin whistled at by the construction workers neither... lol!!!

"Lift Heavy! Run Hard!" =D www.facebook.com/jenaesmithfitness
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You see someone running while you are riding in your car and wish it was you.

:embarassed: (all the time)

THIS!!! i get insanely jealous when i see i runner. happened just this morning on my way to work!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    You get irritable and itchy if you have 2 days off running, and are shouting at people after 3.
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    While on vacation, you wake up to run at a God Awful time in order to beat the heat and humidity.
  • DiannaMoorer
    Options
    you might be a RUNNER IF.....

.....you've filled out a race application. If not, you're a "JOGGER".

I don't necessarily agree with this. There are all kinds of runners. Not all want to race. Some just want to feel the ground under their feet and the wind in their face and not compete. It doesn't mean they're not a runner.

I'm not one though.
    I enjoy the challenge.
  • DiannaMoorer
    Options
    I was going to add something to this, but based off most of these posts, I've concluded I'm not a true runner

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Very well said!:drinker:
  • Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    just getting into it...

"What is a rest day... do I have to take one... Is that neccesary?"