you might be a RUNNER if....

Options

Replies

• confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    you might be a runner if...

If people ask what happens if it rains during a race, you smartly tell them, "You get wet."

YES! Love this!!!
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Sweet! :) ... I love how when I travel on vacation, one of my first (if not the first) thought is: "Any races in the area?" lol :)
    You plan your first ever trip to Europe not to go sight seeing, but to participate in a Tough Mudder......

(England, 2013......and yes, I'll be getting the tattoo after I cross the finish line)
    :drinker:

Traveling to Chicago in October for a Super Spartan.....I haven't done a Warrior Dash yet, but I hear theyr'e awesome!
  • nikki1261
    Options
    You might be a runner if you want someone to pause your Garmin if they find you passed out :)
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    you might be a runner if you rather buy running shoes than high heels!!

Not me! Still love my heels!!! :bigsmile:
  • confettibetti
    Options
    You see someone running while you are riding in your car and wish it was you.

:embarassed: (all the time)

YES, this is what made me start running to begin with!!
  • emmygrace2012
    emmygrace2012 Posts: 44 Member
    Options

*** all the time, here!! even if I had already run prior to seeing them! ***

You might be a runner if...Your blisters have blisters but don't slow you down!
  • DonniesGirl69
    Options
    You might be a runner if you want someone to pause your Garmin if they find you passed out :)

ROFL!!!! YES!!
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    You might be a NEW runner if a group of your "jogging" friends go out together... and after five minutes you realize that you left them way behind.

I don't even run that well, but apparently well enough that no one wants to go with me anymore. :laugh:

If you leave your inhaler at home, because you never need it during a run, just after...MAYBE.

If you're budgeting for new shoes instead of important things for your house.

If you see people running in Converse/Vans/basketball shoes and want to rob them to save them from themselves... :sad:
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Ha, so glad I'm not the only one :)

• sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    When you're looking for races in the area of an upcoming out-of-state family reunion and your mother-in-law calls to tell you about a 5K down the street from where you'll be.
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Didn't get a chance to read thru everything, so I don't know if this one was posted yet:

You might be a runner if you correct people when they get your milage wrong OR when people claim other races as what they are not.

(i.e. My boyfriend sometimes tells people that I ran 5 miles, when it was 8 & I am quick to correct him)
    (i.e. and THIS one happened: Someone on FB ran a 10K and posted they were proud for completing their first marathon--I politely informed them that a marathon is actually 26.2 miles and a 10K is only 6.2)

And you might be a runner if you prefer to wear running leggings every where you go and try to find ways to "dress them up". My mom HATES when I do this and always makes me change lol They're just SO comfy!

And you might be a runner if you try to schedule your other workouts as ones that will help improve your running: i.e. doing short anaerobic workouts (I do Turbo Fire HIIT videos on my off-running days BECAUSE she says in the video that they make aerobic workouts easier) or strength training with a lot of core and lower body exercises.

And you might be a runner if your run is thrown off when your GPS tracker/Nike +/run tracker isn't working or stops or something.

PS: I am DEF the person who wears my running shoes ONLY to run in and after I retire them THEN will I wear them to other places, and I am one to be "jealous" of seeing people running when I'm driving wishing I could stop my car and get out and join them
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    You are driving down the road and you see a path and you wish you were running on it.

You have a closet full of running shoes that are still in "good shape" by most standards, but have been retired due to mileage.

You know why they make a product called Body Glide.

You know every house in your neighborhood that has sprinklers.
  • DonniesGirl69
    Options
    If, while running a half marathon, you twist your ankle 20 feet from the finish line and DEMAND that the EMT not put you on the gurney until AFTER you limp across the finish line.

(Yes, the EMT laughed at me, but he let me get my finisher's medal) :smile:
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    you get upset about injuries because they keep you from running, not because you have actually damaged your body.

126593439495663707_1WTjZZ1R_b.jpg
    yep i know that one. soooooo want to go running.

You might be a runner if you have a set of earphones/ mp3 player just for running.
    (and your tracks are divided into pumpy, run faster, long run and cool down...)
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if...

...you get up at 4:30 am to run because you have to be home before your husband leaves for work
    ...you ask for running clothes for your birthday
    ...you look for races in other cities because you're going to be in the area that particular weekend

I definately don't wear my running shoes for ANYTHING but running. And my running clothes now have their own drawer in my dresser! :)
  • JulieRoselovesFreeze
    Options

LOL My husband thought I was crazy when I told him I feel this way:noway:
  • deniseg31
    deniseg31 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I was going to add something to this, but based off most of these posts, I've concluded I'm not a true runner

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Aww shucks. I may need to print that out and hang it on my wall!
    Good idea.

Learn it. Know it. Live it. :)

I LOVE THIS!!! I need to print and paste everywhere. My desk, my RR mirror! Amazing!!! :)
    I haven't run my first 5K yet but I have more sports bras and more workout clothing and shoes than I do work clothes and shoes...LOL! :laugh:
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    you get upset about injuries because they keep you from running, not because you have actually damaged your body.

126593439495663707_1WTjZZ1R_b.jpg

You might be a runner if you see this picture and get excited to run the hills.....

TOTALLY!

You might be a runner if you look for clothes on sale and think- "that'd be a great shirt/shorts for running on a cool day"
    You might be a runner if you wash clothes 3 times a week so you can wear your favorite shirt out for the next run
  • TayPat24
    TayPat24 Posts: 131
    Options
    I was going to add something to this, but based off most of these posts, I've concluded I'm not a true runner

"If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run."

Great quote!
  • confettibetti
    Options
    Hahha- you might be a runner IF, you set the trip thingy on your car when you're driving down what you think a good running route would be to see how many miles you could get outta it!

Lmao-totally have done this

Too funny, same here, lol

Guilty!!!!