you might be a RUNNER if....

Options

Replies

• raviwong6
    raviwong6 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you wear your running clothes under your work clothes so you can squeeze a few extra minutes in your lunch run. You also bring a sandwich so you don't have to wait on the microwave line.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    just getting into it...

"What is a rest day... do I have to take one... Is that neccesary?"

A day you don't run on. You really should have a rest day. It helps your body reboot,re-energize,heal. After rest days I feel like I can run forever!
  • Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    read more running shoe revues than movie revues.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    You get upset when you realize you can't afford that new pair of running shoes and wait to buy that new out fit to get them.
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You get irritable and itchy if you have 2 days off running, and are shouting at people after 3.

OMG this is 100% true
  • mamafish2313
    Options
    When you put on your your running gear and your dog gets all excited because he loves to run as much as you do! :happy:
  • laurcampbell
    laurcampbell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    When you put on your your running gear and your dog gets all excited because he loves to run as much as you do! :happy:

OMG mine too - have a border collie and a border collie mutt, they are too smart, they recognize my running clothes, garmin watch and shoes and start warming up by running in circles in the house before we go out!

P.S. love this whole thread!!
  • rachgolds
    Options
    you constantly have to face a barrage of "why on earth would you ever do that?!?" and "are you insane?" from family and friends....
    OMG...so true!!!
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Probably TMI: but I am super curious! How? Coffee?

Please enlighten me. I could use the advice. Nothing worse than getting hit with tummy troubles 3 miles into 15.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    You might be a runner if... when visiting friends and family the first thing they ask is how far did you run today:wink:

Hahaha this is totally me... Every time we have a get together, the first thing I'm usually asked is how far I ran that day. I love it.
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    LOL. My dog does not!

She is an active breed and can run for miles but she is stubborn and would rather run after squirells and investigate all the park smells than run at the end on the leash. I still make her come with me on my shorter slower runs anyways!
  • phillieschic
    Options
    You might be a runner if...

...your 9 year old son tells you that running 5 miles a day is not enough..."you should try for at least 6, Mom, geez..." :ohwell:
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if you have a tan line from your cell phone/mp3 player armband.

YES!! and your socks .. and the 15 different tan lines on your shoulders from your tank tops, singlets, and sports bra straps, and the 4 different tan lines on your thighs from different lengths of running shorts!
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    You look at the thermostat and it's negative something Fahrenheit and you start lacing up ...
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if you're not confused by the question "What's your favorite gu?"
    Espresso Love :happy:
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    you get upset about injuries because they keep you from running, not because you have actually damaged your body.

126593439495663707_1WTjZZ1R_b.jpg

LOLOLOL yessss! I twisted my ankle about a month ago and I was FURIOUS!

I'm new to running but YESSSSS, I sprained my ankle but already registered for the next run. My trainer said I was silly - nuh uh!!!:tongue:
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    if you've killed two iPod shuffles by drowning them in sweat and finally broke down and paid $140 for a waterproof version

Ha ! I just did this.

There's a WATERPROOF version?!?!? :love: :love: Hallelujah!

http://www.amazon.com/Waterfi-Waterproof-Shuffle-4th-Generation/dp/B00474HQAM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343827359&sr=8-1&keywords=waterproof+ipod+shuffle

I've had mine for 3 weeks or so. It's been great so far.

I think they need to change the tagline from "best underwater MP3 Player for Swimming" to "best underSWEAT MP3 player for RUNNERS." Drowning in sweat is right ON. :laugh:
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    If you sleep in your sports bra, tech shirt, dri-fit socks and tempo shorts so when the alarm goes off at 5am you just have to lace up, slap on your Garmin and hit the pavement.......
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    You might be a runner if you can come up with a ''you might be a runner''s line :)
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Your friend and family can tell when you haven't had a chance to run that day because you're a total b*****
    [/quote]

This exactly. When my family asks, "did you run today?"....I know I must be being bit&%$!

lmao!