WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2012

Options

Replies

• LindaS175
    LindaS175 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I have been too tired after to work to post anything, but have been reading everything!:bigsmile: :sad: :sad:
    ~KATHY-hope all goes well with the pin removal and have fun with the new baby. Maybe one day when your DiL needs you to help babysit , she might eventually turn around and be kind.:noway: :noway:
    ~PS2CR-You are lucky to have a good chef at home.My DH is a great cook, but he is so unmotivated to do anything these days.:yawn: :yawn:
    ~Lila hope you are feeling better now, summer colds are the worst.:mad: :mad:
    ~BARBIE, I find it easier to not eat at pot lucks either, It feels better to be in control, and it makes me crazy to not know the calories. too.:laugh: :laugh:
    ~LIN congrats on the weight loss. Your Dad is lucky to have you to help him. You are a blessing for him. Many elderly people have no one to care for them.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    `~ESTER 50-make sure you eat all of your required calories, You have to eat calories to burn and lose weight. :drinker: :drinker:
    ~ROBIN BODI AND RITTER-Salmon and quinoa dinner sounds so yummy. I am craving salmon now.I have to agree about the MIL, once you get her why would the unfriendly relatives ever take her back. My advice- don't do it. Maybe offer some money for them to hire a aid or someone to help out. I know it sounds mean, but you need to care for you and your DH first.It would be different if they had welcomed you with loving arms, but that is not the case. I will pray for you and your DH that you can make the right decision.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    ~SALOMESALONE- Have a great weekend tearing up the garden! think of all the calories you will burn!:drinker: :drinker:
    ~LADYBERYL- tell me about this magnetrainer bike-I have bad knees, etc. Need to get this load off my feet. ! Lol:laugh: :laugh:
    ~DJHOBS-Those exercise endorphin's are amazing. When I COULD exercise I would run! I so loved running and it gave me a exercise high. It makes you feel so good. I have a friend and he and his buddy would exercise on the elliptical for over an hour. He said it was such a good feeling, but for these men it was like a sexual feeling. No to me that is wierd! TMI:sad: :sad: :blushing: :blushing:
    ~MICHELE- So glad the pool is done. you and DH much have been so happy to br in your own pool! :bigsmile: :tongue:
    ~LAURELFISHER-where have you been? Did I miss your post? Hope all is well:drinker: :flowerforyou:
    ~JEANNIEBEANIE-WELCOME ,you can lose the weight.just come to this site everyday, log, water and exercise!:drinker: :drinker:
    ~MEGS-Ok so if the counseling is not working, next plan is meds? My daughter got hair day all over one of our white dining room chairs. The hair dye is brown , seh said that she put the towel on the chair and didn't see it! I crack up everytime I read your posts. Those kids of your's are very lucky to be in your home,,,maybe take then to visit or help out at a homeless shelter? :ohwell:
    ~LIZ-Sleep in, enjoy the pool,enjoy some down time for yourself!:drinker: :drinker:
    ~FITZ1191-belated happy birthday. Another year to celebrate you, be kind and loving towards yourself!:heart::smile:
    ~AMANDA-I would be living in the bathroom if i drank 3 liters by 10:00 am. The stair's are excellent exercise though. Is London back to normal yet? My friend that I stayed with lived in Covent Garden's.I had so much fun there with all my friends!
    ~BIGPAL-praying for your husband. Is he able to exercise , like walking?
    ~LIN-thank you for the update on Dixie's husband. :cry:
    ~TIGRESS-good luck at your arts and crafts show! Sounds like you are doing a good job of caring for yourself! congrats:drinker:
    ~JANE-Hope your feeling after your dental work, sore mouth = drinking all your water, cuz it hurts to much to eat?Lol:drinker:
    ~DEEDEE-Hope you are feeling better so you can enjoy the weekend!:wink:
    ~EDDRAPER70-Hope you are feeling better too!
    ~LAURA80111-Funny how husbands like to sabotage their wife's success! :angry: I don't think it is done on purpose, they just don't think!:mad: :laugh: Glad that your parents home has sold! Hope you find the title! Where do you live to see all the deer?:smile:
    ~MIMI7GRANDS-let us know how the book is? For family get togethers try a big bowl of fresh in season fruit! healthy and sweet.:smile:
    ~MICKI-dont ya just love house cleaning? Now , I can somewhat think about liking to do it, because it burns calories! :drinker: :drinker:
    ~JANEHADJL- Hope you got a picture of the deer sleeping on your deck? Would love to see that!
    Must be beautiful where you live!:bigsmile:
    ~SHAWNA-glad that everyone got to know a little more about you at your TOPS meeting. Wow, thats so incredible that they would do that? not Lol:angry::flowerforyou: :ohwell:
    ~KATE-good idea about the clothes. I have many smaller clothes in my closet. I threw away the fat clothes as I said I was never going to gain that weight back,,,,,,,,,,,,well guess what I did. I did the optifast program. This did not teach me how to eat and to be accountable for eating. So now I am doing it the correct way. Eating, calories counting, logging, water, exercise and being on this blog.:drinker: :drinker:
    ~MOMMIE55I love yogurt too! I am addicted to organic vanilla greek yogurt! It is like a treat for me!!:tongue::tongue:
    ~GINIB-hope you have found a job or soon one will be available to you!:happy:
    ~DOLENTET-You can lose the weight, just come back to this site every day!:flowerforyou:
    ~RJADAMS-the salmon you made sounds so yummy. I am craving salmon now after everyone has been talking about it!:tongue::tongue:
    ~JNHEFF-when you are doing PT, it will cause some inflammation in your muscles and joints, this can cause a fluid weight gain. Just keep eating right and logging and drinking your water and the inflammation should subside with time and you should see a weight loss. Hang in there!:drinker: :drinker:
    Welcome to all the new ladies. DEBBEI,HOWARDMELINA,MISSMUFFET AND EVERY ONE ELSE I DIDN'T NAME!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    OK I am exhausted after reading and writing. I still have laundry to do and lunch to make for tomorrow. It is almost 11pm and we are getting up at 4am to travel for a shooting competition my daughter has in the am.
    I was pre-menstral this week, crazy craving sweets and didn't know why , until the tell tell sign of the menses. Ok, now I am 55 when is this going to be over already!!! No, wonder why the girls asked me why I was so cranky earlier this week. I din;t lose any weight this week. I did cut my calories by 100 as the sight suggested, so maybe it was the PMS gain, or plateau, or I might up my calories again until I hit a 50lb weight loss?? Will have to wait and see what this next weeks weight loss will be. Tomorrow will be around 95 degrees and I am hoping it is not humid! that is the worst! I can take a dry heat, but humidity with heat is aweful!:angry::angry:
    If I forgot anyone,,,sorry, after 4 hours of work, my brain is fried! Now more work to do!::flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I hope everyone has a restful weekend, be kind and loving to yourselves! Here's to another great week of living and being in control of ourselves! :heart:

Hugs, Linda ( I think I am the only Linda on the blog now?) so, you can call me Linda or Linda SundanceB :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :wink:
  • tiarapants
    tiarapants Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies

I'm at work and flitting around today so this is brief. It is DH's 50th birthday so we are having an informal gathering this evening, but we are both at work today - although we treated ourselves and drove in because Westminter council are offering free parking this weekend as a thank you for the Olympics. We were able to park right outside the gallery - huge treat, although I missed the stomp across Hammersmith Bridge (but did not miss the ride on the tube!) Linda, London is fine at the moment but we are getting ready for the next onslaught for the Paralympics this week.

DH opened his fifty birthday gifts in bed this morning - he was happy with them all. I'd forgotten what some of them were, so it was fun for me too.

Anway my friends, it's just DH and I in the gallery today (although we are leaving early), so I'd better do some work.

Love to all.
    Amanda x
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Saturday to everyone..,been a crazy week:noway: and I have only briefly scanned and posted. I have been faithfully logging my food and exercise and have had a 1lb loss this week:smile: DH want to g to the auction this morning so off I go. Everyone have a wonderful weekend. :heart: Love ((((HUGS)))) and prayers, Rose
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

I am feeling somewhat better today, so far, still stuffy and coughy, but the fever is gone, the sore throat is gone, and my eyelashes don`t hurt anymore:happy: !!!!

Welcome to all the newbies:flowerforyou: , this is the perfect place for inspiration and motivation!!!!!

Linda Sundance:smile: , I hope your daughter does well at the competition today, I just think that sounds like so much fun!!!!

Liz:smile: I love steak too, I try to limit it to every other week, I am not giving it up though:noway: . I really don`t like chicken or turkey, I do make myself eat chicken, however turkey I just cannot do:noway: :noway: :noway: , I figure after eating more chicken than I would ever want to, my body deserves a little something special!!!

Amanda:smile: I love the 50 presents for the 50th birthday, that was a great idea!!!

Meg:smile: , hope the conflict with the daughter is over, I remember at that age it`s just so much drama:grumble: ! Congrats on losing body fat, that`s fantastic!!!!!

Laura80111:smile: , I had sea bass the other night and lost 0.6 the next morning, tonight I`m having salmon, going to compare the two, a new experiment to try.

Barbie:smile: , your soup sounds wonderful, can you share the recipe? When my throat was so sore all I wanted to eat was soup, I need some more recipes. You are certainly an inspiration to everyone here:happy: .

Janemartin:smile: , hope your mouth feels better soon:flowerforyou: .

Lila:smile: , hope you`re feeeling better soon, sounds like you have a stomach bug:flowerforyou: .

Michele:smile: , swimming in your pool:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: . I know you`re going to so love every minute of it!!!!!

Janehadji: , glad your son got home safe!!! Your story made me laugh. How are the wedding duties coming along?

Tigress:smile: Good luck on your up coming show, sounds exciting!!!

Robin:smile: , wow, you`ve got a lot to think about. I can`t imagine you MIL in your home though, she would be miserable and so would you and your husband. I would do my best to make other arrangements for her. Good luck, keep us posted!!!

Lin:smile: , Oh my, sounds like you had an encounter with a very difficult child!!! I have to say my granddaughters are great at eating healhty foods, of course that`s what my daughter feeds them, they get dessert when I go out with them after they`ve had a good dinner, and the little one loves fruit and broccoli and only drinks milk or water. They both however love chocolate cake:love: and usually only get it once every two weeks or so. Guess it just depends on what the parents let the child do.

Rose:smile: , congrats on the 1lb. loss!!!!!

Ladies I have read all the posts, however I can`t remember everything right now, sorry if I missed you!!!!

I hope you all have a fabulous day, drink your water:drinker: :drinker::drinker: , log your food!!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday:smile:

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Not much to report, had a restless night, so foot isn't feeling too great but it won't be long now! DIL had a baby girl, beautiful and healthy! Maybe the baby will bring everyone closer together, time will tell. Enjoyed catching up on everyone's posts! Off to exercise!

:drinker: Kathy
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,088 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone----

:bigsmile: Kate – welcome to the salmon club. I admire your ability to sew. That’s something I never really got good at. I have done needlepoint, crocheted, and quilted but I’ve never done quality sewing. Your niece is very lucky to have you do the hemming for her.

:bigsmile: Laura – I hope you get to all the things you have planned for the weekend. They say we may get some rain as well at some point but they don’t seem to be very certain as to when! And I hope you found the papers you needed for the closing of the house sale. It will be good to have that cleared out of the way.

:bigsmile: Salomesalone – wahoo---ripping out the garden sounds like good healthy stress release!

:heart: JNHeff – sorry you’re going through a rough patch. I hope you turn the corner to feeling better very soon. We’re here any day you want to unload.

:sad: Jeannie – sorry about your computer. I hope you get it fixed or replaced soon.

:bigsmile: Kriskerans – wahoo, Zumba. I hope to be able to do that regularly someday. Every once in a while I try a bit of it but can’t manage it on a regular basis. I’ve been told to try to find a Zumba Gold (?) class which is better for older folk but haven’t found one that I can afford yet as I’m also told there are no DVDs for that type of Zumba.

:flowerforyou: Robin – you and your husband have a big decision to make. As a long distance friend with unsolicited advice, I’d say do what you can to protect your relationship with your DH. These other folks may be family by blood but they likely will not be there for you.

:wink: Tigress – all best wishes for your upcoming shows and I hope you find the supplies that were misplaced.

:bigsmile: Barbie – you are so sensible and totally in control. WONDERFUL. I’m with you on just making a few things. I’m totally boring with what I eat on a daily basis. Food is definitely not entertainment in my life these days. I think that’s a good thing.

:bigsmile: Micki – a long walk sounds very good; the house cleaning not so much. Ha, yesterday I got a long walk but all indoors. I went to the basement to do laundry and just stayed down there through the wash and the dry cycle. I watched old episodes of “Burke’s Law” and just kept moving. I have a treadmill, a bike, and some free weights so I can entertain myself for as long as I have any energy.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Michele – woo-hoo, you were in the pool!! Wonderful. I hope you’re able to enjoy it each and every day.

:sick: Lila – sorry to hear you are not feeling well. There sure seem to be lots of cold and viruses going around this summer.

:bigsmile: Liz – I hope you have a more stress-less day today and that you do get more rest as well as time in the pool.

:bigsmile: Mimi – I’m with you and Barbie on not eating at potlucks. I usually take a few almonds or something so I can nibble. A lot of people get so uncomfortable if you show up and don’t eat anything. I think some of my friends at church thought I was trying to be more virtuous than them or something. Now they know I’m celiac it goes down better or perhaps they’re just use to it.

:bigsmile: Linda Sundance – I hope your trip to the shooting competition is a good one and it’s not been too humid.

:bigsmile: Amanda – happy birthday to your husband. I hope the remainder of your day is pleasant.

:bigsmile: Rose – happy weekend to you!!

:bigsmile: DeeDee – yes, so glad to hear you are feeling better.

:bigsmile: Kathy – congrats on the new baby girl. And I hope everyone gets along and that your toe continues to heal properly.

:flowerforyou: Jane – again, so sorry about the problem with the teeth. I don’t have nightmares about my teeth falling out but it brings back memories of a tooth that literally fell apart one time when I went to a movie and tried to chomp on a piece of popcorn. Ack!

Sorry to those I've mssed, I read all the posts but I'm too old to catch everything apparently.......

Drink that water, eat healthy things and keep moving!!

Lin
    :drinker:
  • jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, have been so busy since my schedule change at work, love spending time with the grandkids, and to see them daily is such a blessing. I hope I am making memories for them, that Grammie was here to watch them while mommy and daddy went to work. I didn't get the luxury of being a stay at home mom, so to me this is wonderful. August has been a sad month with lots of people passing, and some serious health issues with friend. Hoping Sept is better.
    Got on the scale today and woohoo those 3 lbs have not come back for a visit.....so even though the scale says the same as last time I weighed I am glad that 3 lbs went somewhere else.

Time to change up the eating this week and see if I cant trick the body to lose more.

Got and email to join the RED HAT SOCIETY anyone here do that?

Keep up the good work ladies.
    Sherry
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone...don't get to do this very often....but love this site for the support you receive...I have made some wonderful supportive friends from this site. I hope to be more active on here. I am maintain...would like to lose another 10-15 lbs. I am OK...need desperately to tighten up....not very motivated...doesn't seem like there is enough time to get everything done. I am Woking on some exercise time. Love reading about your accomplishments....looking forward to getting to know everyone! Thanks Barbie for starting and keeping this thread going....you have created a community of beautiful women. Have a blessed day!
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, :happy:

I have been entertaining myself in the kitchen: apricot jam, zucchini relish, zucchini bread & cookies, blueberry jam…today is the farmer’s market and I hope to get some cucumbers and spend today making pickles. I have eight entries ready for the fall fair and my cold room shelves are looking very colourful. Gotta love living in a farming community!

Toward the end of my holiday I fell into some old, bad habits. :explode: I’ve set my September goals to reflect the things I need to work on – stop bedtime snacks and second helpings. That’s automatic eating, really, not mindful or thoughtful eating. Woops.

I like the idea of “A Complaint Free World” and will look for the book.

Hang in there everyone, loosing weight and changing life long habits is tough work!

High ho, High ho, it’s off to the market I go.

Nancy

September goals:
    No bedtime snacks, no second helpings!
    Get the routine chores done – no procrastination!
    Workout 4 x a week at the gym, walk on the off days.
    Be a role model of healthy living for my students.
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    August 2012 has been a month of changes; I also made the decision to actively use MFP and it looks like a good choice. I have lost just over 7 lbs in 3 weeks; met some really good people and looking forward to getting to know you. I applaud the members that keep track of others so well; surely it is a gift. May the rest of your Saturday be as blessed as the first. ♫ I got sunshine ♫ :smile:
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday. It’s actually raining here today;:happy: started last night and has been keeping it up all day. Boy do we need it, we are about 6” behind in moisture this year. We had a conference today at work. It actually was pretty good although I am a little annoyed about giving up a Saturday,:grumble: but I did learn some things. We are changing our curriculum to a hybrid cross between concept based and traditional disease management, so we brought in a speaker who is an expert on concept based curricula.

Both girls will be gone tonight so DH and I are having an “in house date night” tonight. :happy: I bought all sorts of appetizer things for us to eat. I decided to sort of take the weekend off. I haven’t been pigging out or anything like that ( I get too full now) but I am eating things I normally don’t eat. Monday I’ll get back into the swing of things with my biggest loser partner and we’ll meet to discuss goals and plans.

Lin: another salmon victory!:wink:

Wessecg: don’t those sizes at the store drive you crazy??? Me too. I heard it called “vanity sizing” where all the sizes are going down to make people feel better about what they are wearing. I have three pairs of pants the same size and same brand and one is huge, the other fits, and the other one looks like I need to lose the equivalent of a small person in order to zip them. :sad: Good job on your loss!

Kate: don’t feel bad about your 1 cookie! YUM

Laura: I’m sure you will be glad when that home sale is done and over with. Those things have a way of just hanging over your head, don’t they?

Salomesalone: I love cookbooks too! And taste of home magazines. I just bought one of the Light cooking ones with a beautiful blackberry cobbler on the front…supposedly low cal! I decided old age is when you finally figure out that you will never cook all the recipes you have!:laugh:

JNHeff: don’t get discouraged! You will get that weight off. Sometimes I have no idea why the scale says what it says, especially when I used to weigh every day and it would change 5 pounds overnight. :embarassed:

Robin: hormonal ranting is allowed here. I am on depo-provera to stop having my endless periods (for god’s sake I’m 53!!!) and after 7 months of no period….guess what. CRAP! I wish my uterus would just fall out. :bigsmile: LOL And BTW I don’t think you are nasty and wrong either. Sometimes you have to stand up for yourself. I always tell my kids you get what you give; it all comes around in the end, so be careful how you treat people. Good luck with that problem!

Micki: sometimes anemia can cause chest pain if it’s bad enough. Also GI problems can seem like chest pain. I hope your sister gets to feeling better soon!

Michele: YAY for the pool! You need to post pics of you enjoying it!:drinker:

Lila: you mean I WASN’T supposed to put the kids in the freezer??? /Oh, crap! :tongue:

Liz: you hit the nail on the head. You can PLAN your yummy nights and work it into the day/week and enjoy it without the guilt. That’s the biggest thing I think I have learned by being here ; I can be in control and still enjoy my favorite foods. It just takes some planning!

Mimi: YES I totally agree with your advice.

Linda: OMG don’t tell me you are older than me and still get periods???? AUGH!!!!! I can’t wait for this to be over but I’m too big a chicken to have the ablation….I don’t do any meds, especially IV meds. Have a good time at the shooting match!

Amanda : I hope hubby’s birthday was grand!

DeeDee: glad you are feeling better!:flowerforyou:

Sherry: I am not in the red hat society but several of my co-workers are and love it.

Nancy: I love your goal of being a healthy role model to your students. What do you teach? I teach nursing and I agree; we do need to be healthy role models.

Newbies: welcome to our talkative group! It’s great fun and often inspiring to read the posts and keep up with everyone’s weight loss!

To anyone else I missed, I’m thinking of you too! :flowerforyou:

OK after a day’-long conference, I need some relaxation! Take care, “Hormonal Missy” AKA Meg
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I am so impressed at the way you all keep up with each other and offer encouragement. I would love to be part of this group. What a fantastic group of women.
    Take care and God bless,
    Doni
    :flowerforyou:
  • carojrrn
    carojrrn Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies,

I spent most of the day with paper work I brought home to do. It is a double edged sword; let it pile up and stay late at work or bring it home and do it in the comfort of home. I chose option 2. I took a break to do a Turbo Jam DVD and some stretching.

I did not gain or lose anything this week. I sure love my scale... NOT. I always have dreaded weighing in at home or anywhere else. Just a number but oh the power it has had on my psyche. Thank you everyone for all the kindness and support you offer everyday. It sure keeps me going.

Carolyn
  • sashull
    sashull Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 56 and would like to be a part of your group. I will likely have a difficult time keeping up with everyones posts though. I work full time and taking an online class. Of course there is the husband and normal routine work at home. Anyway I will try to do my best. Let me know please. thanks Sue
  • AliceNov2011
    AliceNov2011 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody -- Can anybody over 50 join this group? What's the focus?
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Trying the salmon experiment tonight...Hope it works for me like it's worked for many of you!:flowerforyou:
  • walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to be part of this group. For a seasoned dieter, this site is just what I needed. I've been logging in for like 2 1/2 weeks, faithfully, even if I overeat. (Which thankfully, I haven't done very much.) The encouragement and support is amazing.
    Tonight, I was at a potluck picnic which can be dangerous to a dieter or, excuse me, a healthy eater. But I brought fresh fruit and there was roasted chicken breast, fresh tomatoes and ice cream (1/2 cup) already served up. I totally stayed withing my allotted calories. Yay!

I love reading all your daily posts. They are very encouraging!
    My one weakness right now is an exercise routine, which I hope to change this week.
  • walkermom58
    walkermom58 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Carolyn: Good for you, doing your exercise DVD after working all day!
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    What a great day! Did some chores around the house in the morning, then later went to the Y where I did my weights plus 60 minutes on the treadmill. Then, for the first time since my surgery, I mowed the grass! I so appreciate feeling stronger and regaining my endurance. Having earned all those exercise calories I had a delicious supper, including spinach artichoke dip I made with my Vitamix. As one of my niece's says, "I am well-fed."

Sashull & Amelott -- You just joined by posting. I also live in GA (Canton). This is a fun group - someone is always posting it seems. Keeping up with it is the hard part!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I sent a message to Dixie and got one back. I'm sure we'll be hearing from her soon. If you remember her and want to contact her, her MFP name is petalsandpaws and you can search "find friends" on the Community tab and find her profile page and send her a message.

:flowerforyou: I went to another eating event today...breakfast and a meeting about a retreat I'm going to next month. It was at 8:30 AM......I got up at 4:30, walked the dogs individually, ate breakfast, walked the dogs together for almost two hours, showered and dressed, had oatmeal and applesauce for a snack and went to the event. The hostess had made muffins, cinnamon rolls, fruit turnovers, and hardboiled eggs and had three choices of fruit. I ate nothing and participated in the meeting then met a friend for an hour long walk in her neighborhood that was full of hills. Every woman at the meeting has talked to me about weight loss and asked for my help in seeking a solution, and yet they were all using the meeting as an excuse to eat things they would never have in their houses. The only woman who stuck to fruit and an egg was headed out after the meeting to run and several women told her that she "could afford to have a muffin" because she'd be so active later. They've learned not to push me to eat.

:flowerforyou: If you are new to this thread, I welcome you and hope you'll come back long enough and often enough so we can get to know you and you can get to know some of us.........the secret of the people who respond to everyone is in technology----opening two windows at the same time or writing a response in a word processing document while referring back to the thread. The cute graphics I add are from glittergraphics.com

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

942810vcwbka8k5c.gif 942810vcwbka8k5c.gif 194904olsgis3xqe.gif

August Resolutions:
    *walk the dogs for an hour or more every morning
    *100 Warrior III poses or squats a day
    *17,000 steps a day
    * finish the rock project in the yard
    *Act the way I want to feel
    *Come from a place of love
    *Don’t take things personally