WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2012

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,088 Member
    Options
    Good day ladies – have been busy catching up on all the posts. Unfortunately I don’t have enough time to comment to everyone individually! Darn. Just please know I appreciate you and am so fortunate to be on this thread. Yeah!!

DeeDee – glad you’re feeling somewhat better. I hope the cough goes away soon.

Sherry – congratulations on losing those pounds. It’s great when they don’t come back for a return visit. And I never joined a Red Hat Society chapter but I thought about it for a while. Sounds like fun.

Nancy – I could not do what you’re doing without tasting the product.

Meg – we had a bit of rain as well yesterday. It got a bit foggy and muggy today though.

Carolyn – I understand your feelings about the scale. The suggestion to just get on it more regularly may be a good thing to try.

Michele – hope more progress is made on the pool this week.

Lila – wow, another person who’s very good at sewing. Lovely. And I also like the picture. Some years ago we (my ex and I) had three blue heeler/Australian shepherd mix dogs. They were lovely except that habit of trying to herd everyone and everything.

Jb – I like your profile picture as well. What a cutie!

Dixie – a heartfelt WELCOME BACK. Hope to hear from you often.

Kathy – oh heck, so sorry about the toe.

Gail – I adore my Vitamix. I use it each and every day.

Jane – I hope you can get your tooth fixed soon.

Lin
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,920 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: We're doing a cleanse day today which is as close to a rest day as I get. The dogs don't seem to want to walk as much as usual....they want to go out but not stay long. I worked in the yard for an hour and accomplished a bit but have mostly been indoors. I've finished a few of the projects on my "to do list" and that feels good. Jake came over for about two hours in the morning to his laundry and play with the dogs. His shoulder started hurting from some old injury so he didn't dig up the flower bed that needed digging so that derailed some of the yard work I was planning to do.

Someone asked about my soup recipe. Here it is.

Apple- squash soup

1 medium onion, diced
    1 winter squash or pumpkin(about 2 pounds), peeled, seeded, and chopped (cut in half and bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees for easier peeling and chopping)
    3 apples, cored and chopped
    1½ teaspoons ground cumin
    ½ teaspoon ground ginger
    ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
    ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
    2 cups homemade or store-bought low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
    2½ cups water ( I used less water and made it very thick)

1. Put onion and squash in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add chicken stock, cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 10 minutes.

2. Add apples, cumin, , ginger, cayenne, black pepper, and the water (just enough to cover). Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, and cook until vegetables are very soft, about 30 minutes.
    3. Puree in a food processor or serve it chunky which is the way I like it.

4. To serve, ladle into shallow bowls; garnish with diced apples, jalapeno slices, and sour cream or Parmesan if desired. (I didn't do any of this. It sounds good but will add calories)

When I made the soup this time, I used a quart bag of frozen squash that I'd prepared from fresh squash in the fall (sometimes I use pumpkin) and a pint of the unsweetened applesauce I made in the fall so it was a lot easier.

:flowerforyou: Liz, I have had to stay away from "friends" who wanted me to change the way I eat.

:flowerforyou: Kackie, with all that traveling, no wonder you didn't have time for MFP.....I'm glad you absence was all about good stuff.

:flowerforyou: Dixie, I'm glad to hear from you again.....your husband was a wise man and you are a wise woman to heed his wise words about not giving up.

:flowerforyou: The year I lost weight it was traumatic for me to get rid of my clothes......even though they were giant, there were things that I loved and I had a hard time finding new things that I loved as much......today I have only a few things left from the "old days"......nightshirts and a couple of t shirts and sweatshirts that I wear to work in the yard.

:sad: Jane, sorry to hear about your tooth troubles.

:flowerforyou: Carolyn, for years I have weighed myself first thing in the morning and last thing at night and recorded the weight......I notice the water retention and don't worry about it......it keeps me aware that dealing with my weight is a primary focus in my life.

:flowerforyou: Michele, I am enjoying the daily update on the progress of your pool.....it was 52 degrees this morning and a midday it reached a high of 66 so having a pool here doesn't make much sense, but I know you will have a blast with it.

Barbie from NW Washington
    :heart:
  • LindaS175
    LindaS175 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Just a quick "Hi". I cant stay awake, so I've got to move! My daughter did awesome at the shooting competition.

She has only shot skeet 5 times, and her team only shoots trap. She was on the junior varsity team and she came in FIRST PLACE!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    She got a second place for JV sporting clays and two team medals! We are so proud of her for her first place, and having only shot skeet 5 times prior! Now,she loves skeet and we have NO ranges in town with a skeet set-up. The other awesome part of the day was that Olympian Kim Rhode was at the competition. Sam got to wear her medals, got some pictures of Kim .She signed them" DREAMS CAN COME TRUE!" Kim is the most down to earth,nice young lady that I have ever met!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I did not go to sleep at all. I finished work on Friday and then had to get ready to go to the competition. It was 0230 when I laid down to sleep and we had to get up at 0400. So, I just stayed up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mistake. NO SLEEP = MONSTER CRAVINGS,NO SELF CONTROL AND NOT GIVING A Sxxx! I started out the day good,but gave up about caring what I ate. This is the first time since starting this journey on MFP. Today, I feel so bad and I can't stay awake.
    Good news, is that I did log everything I ate, and I am back on track today! :yawn: :yawn:
    I will do a calorie deficit today, to take care of some of the extra calories from yesterday!

SLEEP is so important, Must remember to put myself first. :sad: :sad:

got to start moving, welcome to all the new ladies!:drinker:

Until some sleep. take with ya,all later- hugs to all.

Linda(SundanceB):heart::heart:
  • Sasha4427
    Sasha4427 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Evenin' all,
    Quiet day here, not as hot as in past. Got up early and took the dogs down to the dog park for a fun time. Other than that, I've been sewing. I made a sheath and I have a perfect triple buckle belt that I have never worn because I felt bulky in it - don't anymore!!

Linda - you must be so proud - how great it is for your daughter to excel in the sport!

Barbie - thank you for the recipe, I'm going to try it this week.

Jane - hang in there, my thoughts go out to you. Hope you find a dentist quickly.

Kathy - I winced when you mentioned your toe (if he was my husband he might be severely injured - accidentally of course).

Nancy - don't flowers just make you smile every time you look at them. I love having flowers in the house but hate to actually cut them out of my garden.

jb2011 - love the profile photo (is he/she a member of the Red Hat Society?). Yes, Rex, the one in front is a PB ACD blue heeler. Evie (behind in the photo) is also a cattle dog, a little more rare though, she is a black merle (only has a couple of tiny bits of brown freckles on the inside of her legs) and you don't see them often. She looks like a cuddly little black bear most of the time.

Got to run, making tomato sauce from scratch and having it over "healthy" whole wheat pasta. Just had a huge craving for pasta so am trying to do it at least a little bit healthier.

Best wishes for a nice Sunday evening - will check in again tomorrow.

Night all.....
    Lila
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Made white chili for dinner tonight with ground turkey and beans. Didn't have the ususal cornbread fixin's so it was biscuits. (Our son likes to take the leftover biscuits in his lunch at work.) In my effort to get things planned ahead a bit I took half of the browned meat and onions and made a red sauce for pasta later in the week. Planning on chicken parmesan also with boneless/skinless chicken breasts with remaining red sauce and a bit of cheese on top. Another night will be a carrot-ginger soup and sandwiches.

@ Carolyn - I had such a desire for the pumpkin coffee last fall, though I didn't often indulge! Here is the Vitamix Pumpkin Latte recipe:

1 C skim or soy milk
    1/4 C strongly brewed coffee, hot, or 1/12 teaspoons instant coffee granules*
    1/4 C fresh cooked or canned pumpkin
    1 T white chocolate chips
    1/4 t ground cinnamon
    1/4 t nutmeg

Place ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.

Select Variable 1, turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then high.

Blend for 1 minute.

* if using instant coffee granules, blend for 6 minutes or until steam escapes from the vented lid.
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies:flowerforyou:

I felt better yesterday and I guess I did too much, today I've just been icky again! I know I need to slow down and take a few days off and just rest, however that is so hard for me to do!!!!! I have one meeting tomorrow and one on Tuesday morning, then I think I'll take the rest of the week and try to get myself better. Eating is not going so well for me either, I'm just not hungry, I've fallen short of 1200 calories several times this week, I don't like to do that. Plus I'm having a hard time getting in all my water, I'm drinking 8 glasses a day, where I had been drinking at least 12, there again I'm just full. Hopefully a week of eating under calories won't derail all my hard work!!!!! Okay enough of my ranting.....:sad

Linda SundanceB :smile: congrats to your daughter:bigsmile: !!!!!!!! What an honor to meet an Olympian!!!!!

Barbie:smile: thank you for the recipe, I think I might make a stop at the store tomorrow and make that soup sometime this week. It sounds so good.

I would love to respond to everyone , however I'm just beat tonight:sick: :yawn::yawn: .

Hope everyone has sweet dreams. Until tomorrow.....

Hugs,
    DeeDee
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,345 Member
    Options
    Liz - you are SOOOO lucky to be getting a Whole Foods. If WF can go to Boise, why can't it come to Hickory? I honestly don't like it...I love it. The choices and the prices aren't as bad as I had thought they would be

Lila - doesn't it feel great to have the clothes big? Fantastic going, girl! Oh, don't worry, I helped Vince trim around the house and then we went in the pool. Did laps, although it really isn't Olympic size. It still felt so refreshing. It'll be nice when the whole thing is finished.

Meg - great working arrangement where you can be off for the summer. Now that's interesting...the Whole Foods by us isn't high priced at all.

Dixie - what a wonderful thought your husband left you with!

Nancy - do you have any idea how you will get 24 hours of aerobic exercise in? Is that 24 hours per week?

Kathy - I'm so impressed that you are keeping up with your exercise, doing what you can but doing some just the same

Jane - is there a Newcomers group in your new area? We have one here and one nice thing is that there is an email list so if you are looking for a dentist, plumber, etc. you can just email the members and get recommendations that way. Good luck to you!

Linda Sundance - YEA for your daughter!!!

Did an hour of balance games on the Wii today. Tomorrow is yoga and then the extremepump class.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Michele
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    @Barbie that is an interesting recipe for soup you posted

I don't think I have ever been in Whole Foods, from all the threads perhaps I should check one out; there is a Sprouts nearby.

I think it will take me a month of Sundays to get to know everyone on this thread so for this Sunday it's late and I am calling it an evening - good night all.
  • petalsandpaws
    Options
    I'm up. Off to the doctor for a check up. Bad night, no sleep. One foot in front of the other today.
    Everyone is doing so good. Stay the course as they say.
    Feels like winter coming sooner then later today. Lots of wind and rain yesterday.
    More later, Dixie
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Hope you all are doing well. Still no computer at home and I am limited on what I can do with my Ipad. Posting from work will just have to be little updates as I do want to get back in the habit of posting again.

I got my hair and nails done yesterday as final motivation to get back to where I use to weigh and a morale booster with all that has happened. It was a mommy/daughter day at the salon. 17 and she still wants to do things with me!

Jeannie
  • kathyszoo
    kathyszoo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Good news, I lost 1.5 since my last weigh-in (last Monday)!:happy: And this is good too but very confusing to me-I have lost 1 inch in both my calves and thighs in the past month but that's not what I've been working on. Since I got the pin in my toe, I have been very inactive, barely any walking! I've worked out my upper body every day doing my chair exercises faithfully! Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with losing these inches but you would think it'd be the opposite, as far as where the loss comes from! 4 more days until the pin comes out!:happy: :happy: I am very motivated to get back to my water aerobics, as soon as the doc says I can, and slowly build up the walking! My sister, who had the same surgery years back, said it took 4 months to be able to fit comfortably in shoes, so I'll have to wait and see. Enough about me!

Barbie - Thanks for the tip about having 2 windows open at once to reply individually! I am very technology challenged and never thought of that! I was doing it the old fashioned way and taking notes as I read. Silly me :laugh:

Liz - I do what you do with grapes, but with cherries. We could both have worse vices!

Linda- Congrats on your daughter's shooting and how cool that she got to meet Kim Rhode!

DeeDee- Sorry you're not feeling up to par yet. 12 glasses of water normally, that's inspirational! On my good days, I barely get in 8 even though I keep water by me constantly.

Hope everyone has a good Monday!

Kathy

“You must take personal responsibility. You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself.”

- Jim Rohn
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! Well, I made it through the weekend without any weight gain, TA DA! :drinker: Now to start on the 1250 calorie path again this week in order to actually LOSE something. :ohwell:

Barbie, thanks for the soup recipe! :bigsmile: I was wondering what to fix for lunches this week. I've made a very similar soup in the past, it's so good! I have homemade veg stock in the freezer, and a 2 lb bag of frozen pumpkin from last year that needs to be used up. Perfect!

Nancy, you're so right, too bad we can't get together for a big ol' veggie-fest! I'd love to meet you and sip a glass of wine or two while shucking corn or something. :tongue: Our hubbies could discuss the benefits of cultivating French Breakfast radishes and other delictable garden treats. :laugh:

We brought home another canner-load of tomatoes yesterday, :noway: plus 3 lbs of carrots, 2 lbs green beans and 2 dozen poblano peppers. We'll roast the peppers on the grill this afternoon and make our favorite chile relleno casserole. It's absolutely out-of-this-world-delicious and there's no oil or frying involved. Yay for that!

Lila, I'm a first-time heeler owner, they are amazing dogs! :love: Unfortunately my boy sustained a partial tear in the meniscus 4 years ago which has limited his activity, but with twice-daily 30 min. walks he's getting stronger all the time. I'm not supposed to let him run or chase things like squirrels and geese at the park. Right, lol. That's been a difficult control issue for me, but we're working on it. He gained quite a bit of weight the first year after the injury, which is completely my fault but I've been fastidious with measuring his food for the past year and he's looking marvelous now and moving much easier. He gets along well with my little Jack Russell, they're quite a pair.

Time for me to roll on out of this chair. Hoping everyone has a terrific day!

:smile: jb
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a barbeque at church...We have so many of them that we have a new beautiful built-in barbeque there. I was sort of in charge of the kitchen so I spent most of my time running around making sure there was enough of everything on the tables. It turned out well. I ate a little of this and a little of that, but stayed pretty far away from all of the wonderful desserts people brought. With all the moving around my fitbit gave me some extra calories so I could try a few of the main dishes and have a chicken sandwich.

It was a beautiful day here. I guess we had some minor earthquakes, but I didn't feel them.

Dixie, prayers for you. I hope you have a better night as you need your rest.

Have a good day, everyone.

Eileen
  • junekaatz
    junekaatz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

What a good morning! Last week’s non-loss must have been a blip on the radar because today it shows I am down 8 pounds, that must be a combination of the two weeks! And the walking! I am so happy, I haven’t weighed this little (haha) since passing through on the way up! I am excited, this puts my September goal of breaking through the 200 pound barrier in reach!! I really want to do it before my next check up with my doctor in a couple of weeks, she will be so pleased. She is actually the one who recommended this site to me, thank goodness!

It has been a busy couple of days, I actually ended up working with the gal from HO and thoroughly enjoyed her company. We worked well together, she was so different than most HO types I have worked with, most of whom fly in on brooms! At this stage of the game I have no tolerance left for those sorts. This gal even gave me a hug at the end of the day and said what a pleasure it had been working with me! Can we clone her?

Oh the confusion, am I losing my mind? My husband doesn’t work regular hours and neither do I so sometimes I don’t know if I am coming or going! I was expecting my hubby home very late Friday night, he drives up from Calgary which is 3 hour drive getting home about 3 in the morning. Early next morning I carefully got out of bed trying not to wake him, tiptoed about getting my clothes and things. My girlfriend called and asked if I would like to go to the big Farmers market in town and attend the Fringe Festival afterward. I knew my hubby would be down for the count most of the day so I said yes. When she pulled up in front of the house I raced out leaving a note as to my whereabouts and jumped in her car. Then it hit me… there was no vehicle in the driveway! Where was our truck, if my hubby was in bed, how did he get there? Was he injured and wouldn’t take treatment? My stomach churned the entire morning as my mind worked on all the terrible scenarios of breakdowns, accidents, etc., thinking I might ‘lose it’ if one more calamity befell us. I didn’t dare call and wake him as I have learned over the years, it just isn’t worth the grief as he is so exhausted. I always enjoy a good farmers market with the artisans there as well as all the foodies but I felt as if there was a dark cloud following me..

Finally at noon when we were having lunch, I could stand it no longer and called my son to go upstairs and wake up his dad. He was reluctant but I said, get up there and raise a corner of the duvet tell me if he is even there or is it just a bunch of pillows that got pushed to his side of the bed. As it turns out I had fretted for nothing, it was a bunch of pillows, I got the date wrong and father wasn’t due home for another night. Relief, such a drama queen!! Whew!! That left me free to calm down and enjoy the Fringe Festival. It was my first time there and I believe it is supposed to be the second largest fringe in the world behind Edinburgh, Scotland. Such a lovely day for street performers, open air stage performances, marvelous little jewelry and clothing tents, physic readings and exotic foods. We did not attend any of the indoor stage productions as they are at 50 venues all over the city but just this little taste was refreshing and fun. Hard to believe some people make a living at it.I must tell you I looked at he chocolate coated bananas and said, "I don't need that!"

When my husband did come home he brought smoked salmon and candied salmon! YUMMY! I had candied salmon for breakfast the very next morning but I still counted every calorie and paired it with sweet tomatoes from my garden. Decadent and delightful in small amounts.

Yesterday after work I picked a lovely large bowl of ripe tomatoes and the plants are fairly groaning with their bounty. We have some tasty days ahead this winter. I am going to have to put them all in the freezer as I still cannot find my canning gear. Last year we suffered a flood that wiped out our entire basement. When the insurance deconstruction started ripping out the walls we found no insulation, no vapour barriers, live wires sparking in the wall and black mold from end to end. (why we hadn’t burned down was a miracle and a mystery.) So we took a buy-out and my husband and son and occasionally a brother-in-law have been rebuilding our basement one day at a time. My son had just returned from college and lost his room so he slept on the living room floor for 9 months on an air-mattress. The downstairs is 80 % done after a year of working every day off and Dev is finally in his own room. WE still have to rebuild the bathroom and put in shelving. I have 80 boxes still in the storage room and garage that have to be emptied…I think my canning gear must be in them. As frustrating as this past year has been I am so thankful that I have a husband who is talented enough for the rebuild. I do long for the day things return to ‘normal’ although I am not sure I would recognise it. So for now, everything goes into the freezer.

Well I must get some breakfast on the table, father is off again into the wild blue wonder and I must go back to work. I must admit though I feel quite giddy with my success, this is the very best I have ever done and I must thank all of you wonderful ladies for being there. For the first time I don’t feel alone on my journey.

Be strong, enjoy your day and choose happiness ♥
    Kate
  • mazaron
    mazaron Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Ouch! :sad: Kathy! Elevation and ice, keep off your foot for a while. I know what it feels like.

I had surgery to replace the big toe joint in my left foot four and a half months ago. My left calf is noticeably smaller than my right because I spent so much time on crutches and later in a robo-boot (walking cast). I got the OK to walk on it in mid-July. I’m almost back to normal now, but I still have to take care not to over do it – and I am very paranoid about stubbing my toe!

Last Thursday I had a fitness assessment with Tia the Trainer at the Rec Center and today I’m going to see her to get my new workout routine. I’m guessing it will emphasize building up the strength in my left leg!

Gail you have inspired me! :drinker: I am freezing coffee ice cubes today and imagining how I could make a pumpkin latte in my ordinary blender.

Carolyn, lots of people weigh every day. Yes, there are fluctuations due to water, salt, etc, but overall it’s pretty constant. That way there’s no “weigh in day” trauma, just routine. It’s what works for me.

Linda, what fun for your daughter to do so well at her shooting. :flowerforyou: I hope you caught up on your sleep. Take care of yourself!

Michelle, my 24 hours of exercise is for the month of September (it works out to about 6 hours a week) and it will be workouts at the gym and walks with Buster-the-poodle. I also do five minute mini-workouts with my students a couple of times every school day and we do a 2K walk every morning (weather permitting), but I don’t count that.

Kate, I think you must live in Edmonton! I’m in Creston – five hours west of Calgary on the BC side of the line. I like your motto “choose happiness”.

J'Boy is experiencing his first day of "real work" today, sorting cherries at the fruit packing shed. Poor kid! :wink:

I must go and get into my workout gear, Tia the Trainer is waiting for me.

Nancy

September goals:
    No bedtime snacks, no second helpings!
    Get the routine chores done – no procrastination!
    24 hours of exercise
    Be a role model of healthy living for my students.
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Beautiful Monday,

Only time to pop in and say HI, very busy work week and since we leave on Thursday for Las Vegas to Visit with Son #1 & DIL I have a lot to do in a short time.

Hoping everyone had a great weekend and that you were able to accomplish all you wanted.

I got the paper for the sale of Mom & Dad's house on Friday, got what I needed notarized and then spent Saturday afternoon looking for papers that they told me I needed to include. I will finish signing them today and get them sent back, it's so good to that that 2 yr project finally coming to an end.

I did some good eating over the weekend and some not so good:blushing: , but what I did do what get in some really good bike rides. Then spent yesterday cleaning up some paper work, sewing, mending and ironing that's been needed to be done for months. Had breakfast with friends on Saturday and managed to keep that meal under control:bigsmile:

I will have to read the weekend postings later. Everyone have a good day log your water, food and exercise because it's gonna help you reach your goal:flowerforyou:

Laura80111:smile:
  • ShawnaElston
    ShawnaElston Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone had a great weekend. My DH is in Colorado for the next 10 days, so I was home with my FIL and the Bear. The Bear is our puppy, a 7 month old, 75 pound Bernese Mountain Dog. He got into something and wasn’t feeling well, so I hung out with him to make sure he was ok. He was. Once I knew he was ok, I did spend time with my friend who just recently lost her 17 year old son in an auto accident. My heart breaks for her and I just listen because I have no words.

I did have a steak for dinner last night. I couldn’t stop thinking about it and decided I had enough calories left for room. Yum... Of course, I had to make ranch dressing to go with it. I marinated the steak in teriyaki sauce which I really need to remember to quit doing because it has so much sodium. It was still yummy.

~JNHeff – Hope your PT is going well and you are having a good Monday.

~Jeannie – I, too, wish the IPAD app would let you post on the forums from inside the MFP app. Nice thought that you and your 17 year old daughter enjoyed the day together.

~Krisherans – Good job with the zumba! Great job with feeling good about yourself!

~Robin – Even though it may be the “right” thing to do, please think long and hard before letting your MIL move in. My FIL has lived with us for 4 years and before that was at our house every night. He just moved in one day and never left. It has been so stressful and so hard. He is a hoarder and his room is filthy. He does not bathe and refuses to wash his hands. My DH has done what he could and I know it is hard to be in the middle. We have only had a few arguments and those have been about my FIL. I have tried to learn to breathe in and breathe out..but it is not easy. Please think very carefully before you allow her to live with you.

~Tigress – Good luck with the strength training. Hope you found your posts. I hate when I misplace supplies I want to use!

~Barbie – Thanks for the recipe! Thai is one of my favorite foods. Great job with the dog walking, friend walking and walking. Great hints for posting here.

~Micki – Hope your week goes quietly while covering for your coworker. Thoughts are with your sister.

~Michele – I do buy those bags of small colorful potatoes from Wegmans. I love the convenience of cooking them in the microwave and it makes such a great looking potato salad during the summer. I hope to have your problem of finding size 6 clothes again soon. You had a busy weekend.

~Lila – Mmm….potatoes boiled with fresh mint and butter. I would never have thought of the mint. Yay for too big clothes and for fitting again in clothes you love.

~Liz – Hope you had a relaxing weekend. Good job with the Y and especially family night..

~Mimi – Oh wow! Your story about your ex’s grandmother was incredible. Good advice to Robin.

~Linda – Congrats to your daughter and how fun for her to get to meet Kim Rhodes. The only thing that matters is you are back on track today.

~Amanda – Glad your DH love his presents, it was such a great idea.

~Rose – Good job with the loss and logging.

~DeeDee – Sorry you are feeling bad again..hopefully today is better.

~Kathy – Congrats on the baby…hope the foot is ok after all that abuse. Ouch! Great weight loss…

~Lin – I like your line, “ Food is definitely not entertainment these days.” What a great reminder!

~Sherry – Sounds as if you are making GREAT memories for those grandkids. They will always remember these days!

~2youngatheart – Hope you had a great weekend!

~Nancy – Wow! I am envious of your canning and the bounty you will enjoy. I love your September goals and especially that you want to be a role model for your students. I’m sure you are! I love flowers!, I once told my husband that any woman who says she doesn’t want flowers because they don’t last and are a waste of money is a liar. Just speaking for me… HA!

Teralmc – Good job on the loss!

~Meg – Hormonal Missy and Illegal Donuts! Made me laugh! Hope you had a fab date night!

~Doni – This is a fantastic group of women and you will love them.

~Carolyn – I sometimes bring work home, too..mostly to reduce stress at work. Turbo Jam is a new one for me. I have looked up so many new ideas with this group.

~Sue – Welcome, sounds as if you also have a very busy life!

~Amelott – Great loss! Your pic looks fabulous!

~Eileen – Hope the salmon worked for you and great job at the barbecue!

~Walkermom58 – Good job with potluck picnic and logging everything. My weakness is exercise. I really need to get on the ball.

~Gardengail – Yay to having a great day, going to the Y, mowing the grass and excellent planning. You sound so upbeat…

~PS2CR – Good job with the bike ride and advice to Robin.

~JB 2011 – I’m with you on the Goodwill and Salvation Army shopping during the time we are losing. Plus, I know I could use a few extra karma points for the good cause! Yay for no weight gain.

~Kackie – Sounds as if you are busy person! Hi!

~Dixie – My thoughts are with you and your family!

~Janemartin02 - Hope you get that tooth problem fixed. Ouch!

~Kate – Fantastic loss! So pleased for you. What a story about your DH (whew) and the flooding. You are a determined family.

~Laura – Happy you are getting such a big project completed and that you are getting to go and visit your kids. Sounds like you had a good weekend!

I hope I caught up with everyone…and that you will all have a great week! Blue Moon this week! Beware of the crazies…me included.
  • ginib
    ginib Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Ugh It's definitely Monday! Got on the scale yesterday and was at the lowest weight I've seen in 8 years. Today I gained 3 pounds. Yesterday was my "free" day, but I didn't think I did that badly!

You would have all had a good laugh last night. At 11:45 pm I was heading up to bed and checked my FitBit - 8035 steps. Oh, I can do better I thought, it still counts up til midnight! So I think 8500, no I can make 9000, what the hey - run and make 10,000. So I am running in place. I have stripped off my tee shirt, which I am now using to wipe the sweat from my face and I'm thinking this is nuts! Well, I made it to 9916. Guess I should have started running sooner! Thinking back 10 years ago when we were walking trails at Glacier and I could barely make it... I've come a long way.

@jb_2011 - send the recipe for the poblano peppers please. They are coming out of my ears and I never used all the ones I had frozen last year.

Tomatoes are coming strong now too. Last year was such a bust. My salsa was a big hit at the house warming on Saturday. So was the "cooler corn". Last night for bible study I made bruschetta with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes, green onions and peppers from the garden. Yum! Everyone else brought dessert. We had pumpkin pie (it's a vegetable right?) lemon meringue (fruit???) and brownies (just decadent!)

No news on the job front. I sent an email on Friday so now the ball is in their court. DS and his wife both had disturbing news about their job last week. We are all blessed to be employed at all.

Raining so there won't be a bike ride tonight. Have to go over with the grandkids while their parents are at a preschool parent teacher meeting. Can't believe she's off to school already. I'll aim for the exercise bike when I get home.

Trying to focus on work, but I really feel more like playing and just reading the boards. But, I do wokr in a deadline related business, so better get back at it.

Best to all,
    Gini
  • mimi7grands
    Options
    Just a quick note...

I skimmed the posts but need to be on the go today.

Dixie, your husband sounds like he was a wonderful man. My thoughts are with you. I'm thinking lots of hugs.

Kackie, it was wonderful to see your post. I've missed you.

:heart:

Mimi SVQ
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I have a quick question? Yesterday at church right in the pews there became very light headed. Sit down it pass. Realize I had a good breakfast but very light lunch. So went out to dinner with friends felt good. I react to the sodium but that's normal.
    today had breakfast but happen again at mall this time had a snack than lunch was like good to go. And 1 1/2 pass now same thing. I get I am taking my BP pill. As you all have been on this journey any of you experience this??
    Liz