• luvinlifeL
    Options
    I'm 5'8
    SW: 125lbs
    GW: 118lbs
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Oops, posted in this thread 6 weeks ago. Answer hasn't changed.
  • bellydancer124
    Options
    Hi! :smile:

I'm 5' 9"

HW: 164
    SW (when I joined MFP): 156
    CW: 144
    GW: 140
  • banks89202
    Options
    I am 5'9 almost 5'10 and aiming for 180 :) I look really good at that size plus I have a ton of muscle.
  • brizforthewin
    Options
    im currently 5'7.5 and weighing 143.5 pounds (at least thats what the scale said this morning) my goal is 130 ((Its going to take a **** ton of commitment but i want it )) =)
  • seamstar
    seamstar Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i would like to be under 165 so bmi health calculators cannot call me "overweight."
    as of now my bmi is 30.4, which down right sucks.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Great thread to read others thoughts... I don't have a definite weight, OK well maybe I do, it used to be 135 (um...yea I've been told that's unrealistic but that number has always stuck in my head for whatever reason) but I think if I had to pick one it'd be more like 150?

That still sounds heavy to me but I know it's mental so please no one be offended because that's not my intention in the slightest.

I think what I've decided is seeing how my body likes 160 or so and go from there. It's hard to NOT pick a number but I also want to be realistic and am doing this to be healthy not to be a certain clothing size.

For me it will likely come down to body fat % since I don't think #'s mean that much regarding lbs. We're all built so very differently and I don't want to stall my progress by holding fast to a particular #.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I don't have a goal *weight*. I just want to get to my 'happy place'... I gauge my success on how look and feel.

I'm 5'8.5", large-framed hourglass. I have always been buxon and curvy.

Not long after I was diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism, I was at my highest weight: around 250lbs and wearing a size 18/20. Today I'm in a comfortable 16. I still would like to tone up more and lose another dress size or two. (My goal is a size 12/14.) I realize that, even when I reach my goal size, I'll still be considered "plus sized"... I don't really care as long as I'm healthy and happy with the way I look. :-)

I disregard the scale and only weigh myself once every few months to make sure I'm eating enough for my weight, and to keep my HRM measurements accurate. I run and Zumba 4-5 times a week, eat back my exercise calories, and am getting stronger and healthier by the day! YAY!
  • medennison123
    medennison123 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love tall ladies.
  • oker673
    oker673 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    5'8" aiming for 167 to start and will pick an UGW when I get there.
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 exactly but I appear longer and taller. My goal was 125 but at 129 I started to look super skinny and I prefer a more toned muscular look. So my new goal is unknown. But I'm thinking 131-134lbs depending on my body fat and definition.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8

Goal weight is a fit 130-135.
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my current weight is 112 pounds, but I'm hoping to maybe get to 120 eventually with muscle gain, though the thought of that scares me right now, I know it would be the healthiest thing to do.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I am either 5'7" or 5'8"

SW: at least 265
    CW: 149
    LW: 144
    GW: 130-140 (probably 135)

I apparently have a huge rib cage.
    My body tends to hover around 150.

I am smaller now than what I was in high school.
    Probably even middle school.

Honestly, I would be happy with 145-150 if I could drop this remaining stupid body fat.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    oops... double posted.
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    Hi I'm 5'8" I think lol and my goal weight is anywhere between 150-155. I am currently at 170!
  • HeatherTransformed
    Options
    Not sure if anyone has posted this already, but it will totally help. :happy:

http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html
  • journalistjen
    journalistjen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    6'0'' Goal weight 180 lbs to 200 lbs
  • jroselive2012
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my weight goal is 130. I'm currently 152.
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    5'8 Goal 120 pounds. I have a small frame. Anything over 130 and I look chubby. Current 152. I know a girl my height who was 115 and she looks perfect so I think I'll look amazing at 120.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!