Lovely 5'8ish ladies!

Options
1235»

Replies

• gazelleintraining
    Options
    I'm just a hair shorter than 5'8" and have a "mesomorph"-type body (big shoulders, slightly more muscle mass than others). While anything below 160 lbs definitely looks "healthy," I'm shooting for anywhere from 140-150. In that range near 140 people start asking me how I'm feeling and offer me food (lol), so I guess that means trending toward 140 I'll have to adjust where necessary.
  • jwapal
    jwapal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8", started out early June @ 220, cw 194, gw 165. Don't remember ever weighing less than 175. Mostly just want to be in healthy BMI range. Moving from obese to overweight was a great feeling!
  • 4ALongerLife
    4ALongerLife Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Ok LOVE this thread.

I am 5'7"
    HW: 254 (2/9/12)
    CW: 157-162 (depends on time of the day, I swear I always go back down to 159 minimal); last metabolic test shows me at 32% body fat
    GW: 150 (but secret head goal is 135-140)
    I think I am big boned... I have size 11 feet :( (dang trannies take all of my shoes. I ain't talking stuff about them, just let me have some shoes too sigh lol)

I love that site someone shared, http://www.mybodygallery.com/index.html .... makes me feel like omg I do look "normal".

Good luck to everyone on their goals!
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 8", at 179 now, and my goal is 165. i have a somewhat muscular build and have always weighed more than comparative friends, even though I was smaller. 165 feels comfortable, but when I get to 165, I will re-evaluate & might go to 145.
  • Judie_P
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and shooting for 140. Just started so this seems like a daunting task, and right now I have set a small goal of 20 pounds in 10 weeks (I have a personal trainer 1x a week for the next 10 weeks).
  • O2Bslimagain
    O2Bslimagain Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and turning 45 at the end of the month. When I was in my 20's I weighed under 120 lbs. A bag of bones. Then I discovered white bread, white rice and all the wrong carbs and I shot up to 160 lbs in the early 90's. I then got back down to 135 lbs. After having 5 children , little exercise, eating once again the wrong carbs I shot up to about 10 lbs. then another 10 and so on, so I am now 185 lbs. My goal is to to in a healthy body fat range, so if it happens that I am still 180, but healthy I will be very happy with that, but if I can be around 150 and a healthy body fat percentage I would be happy with that too. Anything under 150 for me would be too light. I like meat on my bones and I want to keep my real boobs!
  • checof
    checof Posts: 114
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and aiming for 155-160. ^_^
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!