Ladies at the gym...

Options

Replies

• tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel self conscious. If I am being stared at while working out I'd rather not know it.
  • GC_Hutson
    Options
    Clearly, I'm doing something wrong. I wouldn't notice if half the people in my gym were actually on fire while I was working out.

And even if I did eventually notice, I would likely only be annoyed at the fact their ashes where getting all over the equipment.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Monti_e_lmt
    Monti_e_lmt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am in my own little world at the gym. I put my headphones on. The only reason someone would stare at me is bc they think I am gross or weird bc I lip sync when I get into my workout and dance a little. If I don't have fun then the workout goes so slow and I want to quit. But no one there is hot anyway. My gym has the fat-strong guys. You know the ones that bench like 500 pounds but have a keg for a stomach. So I don't really care. The only time I stare is at the swimming pool and even there the "hot" guys are skinny. No one around here is in shape. Went to the next town and there was a body builder there and you would have thought my mom and I were at an Elvis concert we squealed and fanned ourselves before we realised how ridiculous we looked so we walked out. Shew that man was build like a marble statue of a Greek God :noway: :love: :embarassed:
  • Here2GetFit
    Options
    I don't really mind unless I'm using the inner/outer thigh weight machines. Then it just pisses me off. Quickly.
    Otherwise, whatever I probably won't even notice. I make random eye contact with folks especially when I'm running around the track, I try to smile if it's not too weird.

Those machines are directly across from the bench press & shoulder press machines in my gym. Clearly the set up was done by a guy. I feel uncomfortable when I am on the press machines because I feel like I have to look in another direction. When I am on those leg machines, I rest my towel between my legs.
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    I don't really mind unless I'm using the inner/outer thigh weight machines. Then it just pisses me off. Quickly.
    Otherwise, whatever I probably won't even notice. I make random eye contact with folks especially when I'm running around the track, I try to smile if it's not too weird.

Those machines are directly across from the bench press & shoulder press machines in my gym. Clearly the set up was done by a guy. I feel uncomfortable when I am on the press machines because I feel like I have to look in another direction. When I am on those leg machines, I rest my towel between my legs.

Yeah ours are across from treadmills (with users facing away) but believe it or not, people actually crank their neck around to look. I tried the towel once but it just kept falling, still good idea if I got a bigger one maybe. At least you have the decency to look the other way, means a lot!
  • Here2GetFit
    Options

Yeah ours are across from treadmills (with users facing away) but believe it or not, people actually crank their neck around to look. I tried the towel once but it just kept falling, still good idea if I got a bigger one maybe. At least you have the decency to look the other way, means a lot!

I much prefer to peek when I am strolling by a woman, not be forced to stare directly at her making both of us uncomfortable.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    If someone stares at me I start checking for boogers or granny panty lines
    Or worse... boogers in your granny panties. No amount of hottest can circumvent this scenario. That's why I never wear granny panties during allergy season.

Just don't wear panties and you don't have to worry about any of that. Lol!
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options

I much prefer to peek when I am strolling by a woman, not be forced to stare directly at her making both of us uncomfortable.

It never occurred to me to check out the girls only when using this machine, I'm assuming it's because people can see your hoohah? I think they sell tighter/longer shorts
  • Here2GetFit
    Options

It never occurred to me to check out the girls only when using this machine, I'm assuming it's because people can see your hoohah? I think they sell tighter/longer shorts

Are you not familiar with the machine?
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    dude, you're supposed to use the mirrors.

we totally notice when you stare using the mirrors
    \

This! I'm not bothered by glances... I mean, why try to look great if you don't want people to look. BUT long stares through the mirrors while I squatting are creepy!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Ehhh I don't like others looking at me in the gym. A few looks here and there won't bother, but if you're blatantly staring...yeah..I'd notice and I would't like it.
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    looking doesn't bother me, i look too. i guess it could become creepy if you tend to follow me around or something unless i think you are really nice looking! LOL its natural, people stare...:wink:
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I am in my own little world at the gym. I put my headphones on. The only reason someone would stare at me is bc they think I am gross or weird bc I lip sync when I get into my workout and dance a little. If I don't have fun then the workout goes so slow and I want to quit. But no one there is hot anyway. My gym has the fat-strong guys. You know the ones that bench like 500 pounds but have a keg for a stomach. So I don't really care. The only time I stare is at the swimming pool and even there the "hot" guys are skinny. No one around here is in shape. Went to the next town and there was a body builder there and you would have thought my mom and I were at an Elvis concert we squealed and fanned ourselves before we realised how ridiculous we looked so we walked out. Shew that man was build like a marble statue of a Greek God :noway: :love: :embarassed:

You are missing out! I once entered the testosterone pit of my gym to find 4 Greek Gods, one of which started rotating in on the weights with me... It's a blur but I'm hoping I didn't drool :love:
  • usera1365
    usera1365 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I stare But make it a point to look away before she catch me looking.... I don't know why But heyyyyyy I Looked !!!!! :laugh:
  • Here2GetFit
    Options
    looking doesn't bother me, i look too. i guess it could become creepy if you tend to follow me around or something unless i think you are really nice looking! LOL its natural, people stare...:wink:

WOW!

I would totally follow you around like a little puppy dog!

:love: :love:
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    TBH I find if you are concentrating too much on those around you, you aren't focused enough on your own workout.
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options

WOW!

I would totally follow you around like a little puppy dog!

:love: :love:

oh really! LOL hmmmm....
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Just don't try to hit on me
  • NevrOvr
    NevrOvr Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i'm figuring out this forum thing...it's the same topics every week on rotation, right? (sometimes more than once a week actually...)

such a time suck for me! :ohwell: