Ladies at the gym...

Options

Replies

• dereksmb
    dereksmb Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If you come into the weight lifting section of my gym to run on the very few cardio machines we have there, whilst wearing something tight, short, and revealing. You are going to get looked at, I mean seriously we have separate rooms for a reason. So ladies remember not to gawk at people who look at you when you show up in the most revealing thing you could find, it's Just common sense.
  • careyayn22
    Options
    Big differmece between looking and staring. Looking= human nature. Staring=no manners/creeper

I am a big fan of little to no eye contact in the gym. I've got things to do. Actually, one night I was sitting next to two of my students in the sauna at the gym ( I teach highschool), and I didn't even realize it until one of them said something. Awkward.
  • Here2GetFit
    Options
    looking doesn't bother me, i look too. i guess it could become creepy if you tend to follow me around or something unless i think you are really nice looking! LOL its natural, people stare...:wink:

WOW!

I would totally follow you around like a little puppy dog!

:love: :love:

oh really! LOL hmmmm....

08FebEbay060.jpg
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    looking doesn't bother me, i look too. i guess it could become creepy if you tend to follow me around or something unless i think you are really nice looking! LOL its natural, people stare...:wink:

WOW!

oh really! LOL hmmmm....

08FebEbay060.jpg

again, you are so bad! lolol
  • Here2GetFit
    Options

WOW!

oh really! LOL hmmmm....

08FebEbay060.jpg

What??? I am just looking for a good home. :cry:
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    TBH I find if you are concentrating too much on those around you, you aren't focused enough on your own workout.

Holy crap you have more muscles than anyone I've ever seen.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Options

WOW!

oh really! LOL hmmmm....

08FebEbay060.jpg

Bad puppy! I'm gonna make you go to bed!
  • Here2GetFit
    Options
    TBH I find if you are concentrating too much on those around you, you aren't focused enough on your own workout.

Personally, I never want to be so consumed with my own workout that I don't enjoy looking at the women in the gym.

Regardless, I don't even agree with your statement. Looking around the gym and seeing fit men & women is what motivates me to work harder.
  • Here2GetFit
    Options

08FebEbay060.jpg

Hey post stalker. People are going to start thinking you are my gf or something.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Options

08FebEbay060.jpg

Hey post stalker. People are going to start thinking you are my gf or something.

well that'd suck, guess i better quit cramping your style!!
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options

Personally, I never want to be so consumed with my own workout that I don't enjoy looking at the women in the gym.

Regardless, I don't even agree with your statement. Looking around the gym and seeing fit men & women is what motivates me to work harder.

If you are picking fault with what they do, you clearly aren't focused. If you are just having a quick head spin around, I'd agree with you.
  • filomenae
    filomenae Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm usually in the zone and completely focused on what I'm doing, but if I'm walking to another section of the gym, using the captain's chair, lat pull down, etc,. I'll look around! It's not a bad thing to do!

I will never complain about a person staring or looking at me in the gym so long as they don't follow me or constantly bother me because of all the times I've caught myself nearly drooling. :tongue:

I will toot my horn and admit that I loved it when a few fitness trainers pointed me out to their clients and had them watch whatever strength training / weight training move I was doing and told them to mimic my form. :blushing:
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed (inside) when I'm stared at. Its seriously weird having someone put their weights down and just stare at you whilst you workout out. End of the day, its actually rude. In any other part of life it would be considered rude, why not the gym?
  • beandawgy
    Options
    ha these responses are hilarious...I'm a sucker for abs so when I see a lady with nice abs...I can't help but catch a couple glances...I totally try not to go on full creepster though...and damn I don't think I'll try the mirror trick any more :(
  • HeatherNicoleMomOf4
    Options
    I cant lie I kinda enjoy it. But I mean if I can't look up without catching your gaze, thats a little creepy.

this
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I stay in my own little world at the gym, and usually find the least crowded area to work out in. Chances are, I wouldn't notice a glance, and if I did, I'd be flattered. I might notice if someone stared at me. I don't know if that would creep me out or make me wonder if I was using the equipment wrong and they were secretly laughing at me. Maybe it wouldn't do either, maybe I'd just think "well, hot damn, I better add more weight while he's still looking..."
  • Here2GetFit
    Options
    I stay in my own little world at the gym, and usually find the least crowded area to work out in. Chances are, I wouldn't notice a glance, and if I did, I'd be flattered. I might notice if someone stared at me. I don't know if that would creep me out or make me wonder if I was using the equipment wrong and they were secretly laughing at me. Maybe it wouldn't do either, maybe I'd just think "well, hot damn, I better add more weight while he's still looking..."

I would be happy to put your reaction to the test. :wink:
  • AmberLeighD
    Options
    if I just caught it once I would be really grossed out, even if the guy was good looking. if they kept doing it I would probably come after them. imo it's disrespectful and skeevy (especially if you are an older dude & you are oogling someone who looks like she could be your daughter OR GRANDDAUGHTER, which I see all the time at my local Y)

Older men can be quite sexy!!! Mine IS!!
  • TimedEventSystem
    Options
    That's why I go to the gym late at night so I don't have to deal with weirdos. I've had to deal with some seriously creepy men and if I can avoid it, I will.
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Too douchey for my taste