It is Chick Fil A Day....Time for

Options

Replies

• GC_Hutson
    Options
    Is Chick fil a mistreating anyone?
    They publicly announced their disapproval of gay marriage. And midgets.

wtf midgets to.......dang it now i cant eat jesus chicken......

Chick Fil A hates midgets too? Whos next Rednecks?
    Everyone hates rednecks. We kinda dig the negative press.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A is just like any other company, except their views are more publically known. Does your dentist support gay marriage? Your mechanic? How about the guy cashing you out at the grocery store? All of those people take your money and donate part of it to their own particular views. Should we only purchase goods and services from people who share our exact beliefs? Should be discriminate against anyone who disagrees with us? Should we go even further and try to ban them out of our city? Why not just save time and partition our country into multiple regions and segregate everyone with people of their similar beliefs. Seriously. Are we degenerating to the point that we can only associate with people like ourselves? Can't we coexist with people of different beliefs? Gay rights is supposed to be about acceptance and freedom to be who you are. Trying to ban companies(and their wouldbe future employees) from cities because of their views is no different. You don't stop discrimination by discriminating back. It's ridiculous.

Very well put. It is a Christian owned company...they are going to be verbal about their stance.

Now I am seriously questioning my dentist though...I am sure she is related to the devil....I just know it. LOL

Oh, PS....I love me some chick fila! :)
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I have never been inside Chick Fil A and I do not intend to start. Their food looks like something you can find in the frozen food aisle.
  • GC_Hutson
    Options
    I'm not that upset about CFA being anti-gay considering who they are, but I'm actually very upset about the mass amounts of people going out to support it. Yes they have a right to say they're against it, but I feel that most people going out for CFA Appreciation Day are doing it as an anti-gay act rather than a 1st amendment defensive action.
    All I see is hate from this.
    I hate people who hate things.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    So, voting with your dollar is perfectly acceptable.

Mayors trying to keep them out of their cities is not. (No matter how reprehensible they may be.)

It's not rocket science.
  • LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    We TRIED to go for lunch, the line of cars :happy: to get in were out in the street behind the restaurant, and forver long in the turning lane on the highway.......might have to try for an early dinner!
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options
    Gotta love a bunch of bigots using a book written about their imaginary friend as a reason to hate strangers...yay

Love they neighbour...

Yeah, because this isn't a biggoted response at all...

My thoughts exactly.. its surprising how it's okay to hate and make fun of my religion... I guess that bigot thing only works one way?

Horse hockey! Say what you want, but it's the Christian right that wants to prevent others from having something the rest of us enjoy unfettered. That is not equality. You can dress it up any way you like with your weasel words, it won't make it right.

Incidentally, I am a Christian. I just have an open mind.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I can care less. Oh look!! Something shiny!!! BRB!!
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I don't see why everyone is so butt hurt over a religious companys stance on homo sex and same sex marrige. I go there to eat their chicken I could care less what their beliefs or how much they pray to a sky wizard.

I don't think it's so much their stance on their beliefs, but more of what organizations their profits go towards.

You do realize that it isn't even more than 1% of their profits that go towards those organizations? I wish it was as easy to deduct the amount of my tax money that I didn't agree with how it's spent as it was to not to to a particular restaurant and yet private organizations are vilified while government gets a free pass. There's something backward there if you ask me.
    Government is elected. Corporations are elected in a way too. We elect them by choosing to give them money for their products and services. I vote against corporations I don't like by simply not giving them my money. It's the most American thing you can do in the world. If a company supports gay rights and you don't like that, you are free to not give them your money. That's how capitalism works. The key ingredient though is transparency. We should know where our dollars are going so we can all make an informed decision.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I don't see why everyone is so butt hurt over a religious companys stance on homo sex and same sex marrige. I go there to eat their chicken I could care less what their beliefs or how much they pray to a sky wizard.

I don't think it's so much their stance on their beliefs, but more of what organizations their profits go towards.

But I think even that would be obvious... People (or in this case leaders of companies) are going to donate to causes that hold the same beliefs as them.... Everyone (unless they lived in a cave their whole lives) knew they were a Christian ran company... I mean, they aren't even open on Sunday... who else, besides Hobby Lobby, Christian bookstores and small businesses aren't open on Sunday? Everyone is open on Sunday. So wouldn't it be safe to assume that they would have donated to people like Focus on the Family?

this!!!!
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    The spicy chicken biscuit is strong. I might stay away for a few days but don't see myself giving it up- especially considering it's pretty much the only fast food I even consider eating these days.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of mixed feelings on the whole Chick-fil-a controversy. On one hand, LGBT rights are very important to me, as I have many, many LGBT friends and I believe they deserve equal rights. Our money and our purchases do make a difference, and purchasing good from a corporation who has values that don't align with mine makes me uneasy. On the other hand, Chick-fil-a isn't the devil like many people are making them out to be, as they work to send their employees to college and such as well. And really, they're a symptom of the problem and not the cause. Not eating Chick-fil-a is only a small, small piece of being an LGBT activist. Not to mention many corporations have beliefs and policies I disagree with.

That is true too....I guess that is where I am...I just love everyone. LOL
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Gotta love a bunch of bigots using a book written about their imaginary friend as a reason to hate strangers...yay

Love they neighbour...

Yeah, because this isn't a biggoted response at all...

My thoughts exactly.. its surprising how it's okay to hate and make fun of my religion... I guess that bigot thing only works one way?

This is a very valid argument. I am not a Christian, but I think we are all entitled to our opinions/beliefs. I don't have to respect your opinion/beliefs, but I do however, respect the fact that you are entitled to them. :flowerforyou:
  • jran3
    jran3 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Folks,

Just a note that this thread is likely to breach the "no political threads" guideline in very short order.

To prevent that, I would recommend picking up this topic in a group or in wall posts. If further reports come in, I'll have to lock the thread based on
    16. No Political Topics in the Main Forums

Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal.

Almost all threads on the topic of legislation of any kind, even proposed legislation, become a train-wreck in the public forums, so please steer away from political commentary related to this topic.

Oh, and do your best to be nice to each other, goes without saying.

Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
    You are wrong. Nothing about politics has been discussed thus far. The fact that you think intolerance is a political issue is a bit scary actually.

You know what I've noticed about "tolerant people"? They only tolerate views like their own.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Folks,

Just a note that this thread is likely to breach the "no political threads" guideline in very short order.

To prevent that, I would recommend picking up this topic in a group or in wall posts. If further reports come in, I'll have to lock the thread based on
    16. No Political Topics in the Main Forums

Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal.

Almost all threads on the topic of legislation of any kind, even proposed legislation, become a train-wreck in the public forums, so please steer away from political commentary related to this topic.

Oh, and do your best to be nice to each other, goes without saying.

Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
    You are wrong. Nothing about politics has been discussed thus far. The fact that you think intolerance is a political issue is a bit scary actually.

Actually, I'm referring to posts that question the social ramifications of local governments restricting the operation of a business, and now subsequent posts about the relationship between corporations, political donations, and legislation. Topics like this almost always end up creating an unwanted disturbance in the public forums, and fall under the category of political topics noted in our guidelines.

We created Groups, and put guideline 16 in place specifically to move conversations like this into groups where they will cause less uproar on the site.

Steven
    MyFitnessPal Staff
  • GC_Hutson
    Options
    I have never been inside Chick Fil A and I do not intend to start. Their food looks like something you can find in the frozen food aisle.
    Not in the gay frozen food isle.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    They have awesome food. Nuff' said.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options

Now you've done it. You cant argue with MFP staff on an open post.:grumble:
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I don't understand why people are surprised that a company who is not open on Sundays is against same sex marriage.

I'm not going there today because I don't want to fight the huge crowds that they're showing on the news. I don't have a problem with same sex marriage and I don't have a problem with Chick-fil-A.
    I'm not surprised. I'm just glad to know who not to support. Too often we are in the dark as to the machinations of the corporations we support with our purchases.
  • artbkward
    artbkward Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Chick Fil A is just like any other company, except their views are more publically known. Does your dentist support gay marriage? Your mechanic? How about the guy cashing you out at the grocery store? All of those people take your money and donate part of it to their own particular views. Should we only purchase goods and services from people who share our exact beliefs? Should be discriminate against anyone who disagrees with us? Should we go even further and try to ban them out of our city? Why not just save time and partition our country into multiple regions and segregate everyone with people of their similar beliefs. Seriously. Are we degenerating to the point that we can only associate with people like ourselves? Can't we coexist with people of different beliefs? Gay rights is supposed to be about acceptance and freedom to be who you are. Trying to ban companies(and their wouldbe future employees) from cities because of their views is no different. You don't stop discrimination by discriminating back. It's ridiculous.

Nicely said.

^This
This discussion has been closed.