Am I REALLY the only 5'2 one here??

Replies

• Hi
    I mesure 5'2" also. I weight 134 lb and my goal is 123. I suggest you mesure your BFI just to make sure your goal is accurate. Our range is small since we are small. At 135, i feel heavy and at 120 I look sick. So I'm really careful at how much I loose. Be there before!
    Good luck in achieving your goal.
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    I'm not reading ten pages but I'm sure it's been mentioned before that you prob just need to tone, no need to lose weight. As you burn fat and put on muscle, it's likely you may gain a few lbs as it is! =)
  • redpat74
    redpat74 Posts: 33
    I'm 5 1/4 inch and have a really great big butt!!!!
  • jehuster
    jehuster Posts: 168
    I am 5'2" also and weigh about 177. When I signed up for this site the data base say's that for my height and age (51) I should weigh between 125 and 138 pounds. to the one who says she is playing it by ear - I don't know what your age is but I am guessing your benchmark is about the same if not pretty close to mine. :flowerforyou:
  • redpat74
    redpat74 Posts: 33
    Not African American, but my friends at work tease me because I've got the junk in the trunk and they think there is some family history about which I have no clue!. But boy can I dance!
  • gjsmommy
    gjsmommy Posts: 90 Member
    5'1" Here...shorties unite!
  • kornmaiden
    kornmaiden Posts: 109
    5'2" here too
  • predent
    predent Posts: 95
    I'm 5'1", haha. Close to your height. Currently 132lbs, looking to get down to about 115lbs like I used to be.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    I'm 5'2'', feel free to add me!
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    I'm 5'3" .. CW 205lbs GW 155-175 with majority muscle ..if I can drop lower then, Awesome.

After reading a few pages of people who are 5-5'2" weighing under 200lbs I sure do feel like a fatty :/
  • I am 5'2! Shorties unite...
  • wavdawg4
    Do you weight train? maybe it's not the pounds that you want to lose, but excess fat that you'd rather turn into muscle? I recommend lifting weights if you don't already.

I like the way you're thinking, but let's all keep in mind it is not possible to turn fat into muscle. Two different actions are require to get the deisred effect we're all looking for: Cardio to melt the fat, and weight training to build the muscle!

The guy is right. Toning or building muscle might not make you Lose weight but it does help with Toning and lifting and making fat come off. Just by changing your routine and doing weight training you can make your body look more fit and receive the desired effect.
  • asamuels85
    asamuels85 Posts: 170 Member
    5 ft.... do i count :)

^^ THIS :) feel free to add me..
    age 26
    start 155
    goal 120
    current 133..

PS you look great, but people tell me i do too, its annoying when you don't FEEL great :) I'm with yah:glasses:
  • justmarried15
    justmarried15 Posts: 60 Member
    5 foot nothing over here! and i know what it's like to have people doubt your reasons/desires to get healthier and lose weight.
  • I'm 5'2" as well :) my goal is to be 110-115 lbs. I'm a but far but I will get there :) feel free to add.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    I'm 4'10. Do I win?
  • annew1952
    annew1952 Posts: 77 Member
    Hey your not the only short one. I am shorter and a lot older. But to me when it comes to weight age
    doesn't matter. I am 5'1" and now I weigh 131. I was 145. When I was your age I was 120 but after
    two c-sections and getting older that didn't last long. Right now my goal is 130. So I have lost 13.2
    on this site. Very happy with results. Been doing this since March 2012. Goof luck with your goal.
  • stacygayle
    stacygayle Posts: 349 Member
    My lifelong dream was to make it to 5' Y'all are so lucky :bigsmile:
  • I am 5'2 also & when i gain weight i gain from head to toe and every little lbs shows on me...When i started i was 205lbs and now i am at 159lbs...I have 24lbs to go...I love myfitnesspal..I have been on here a little over a month..but i have been working on my health for 7 months now and it has been the hardest thing...But i will just keep looking forward and work hard to reach my goal...Hope we all reach our goals..
  • wavdawg4

The worst part about being short is that the weight comes off very slowly! Don't be discouraged if you only lose a pound every month or two. That's normal and healthy for women our size.

Great advice! It does take longer. I think it's because we don't need as many calories daily, so it's almost impossible to lose weight by dieting. It's all up to our workouts.

It really has nothing to do with being short. Different bodies, different styles, different metabolisms.. I know some tall people that lose weight slowly. It's all about your diet and exercise.. Speaking of diet..I have honestly never heard that short people need to consume less calories daily. The recommended calorie intake is 1200..

SMH