Am I REALLY the only 5'2 one here??

Replies

• catzway
    catzway Posts: 9
    I am 5'2 and am nearly that around (jk) I am obese though and hope to lose 120 lbs. It isn't easy but I try.
  • I am also 5 ' 2 and know how hard it is to get thin for my height, for the most part it looks like you have acieved the thiness. I cant remember the last time I weighed 120lbs. I am at 162 and my goal is to be at 140 in about 12 weeks. Keep up the good work!
  • I'm off by an inch..5'1 and new to MFP, hoping to find friends as well. Feel free to friend me if ya like!
  • Nailrep
    Nailrep Posts: 966 Member
    5'2" HERE! 25 POUNDS TO LOSE!!
  • I'm 5'2 and 103 pounds, trying to be between 85-90
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    I'm 5'2 as well. When I was in high school and college, I weighed 105 pounds. Then as I got older, my weight has gone up. In Weight Watchers, they determine your weight my age. It use to be 105-122 and I made sure to stay within that weight. I got down to 114 in my mid-30's and people said I looked too skinny. It depends on your age and body type. I am 57 now and Weight Watchers said my highest weight could be 137, but I feel the best between 125-130. It has been 20 years since I weighed that. My highest was 189 two years ago and I am at 155 now. I want to lose another 25 pounds, but feel much better in size 10-12 than in 16-18. I agree that when you are shorter, the pounds show more than if you are taller. Best of luck everyone. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • mayberry310
    mayberry310 Posts: 146 Member
    Totally not alone. 5'1 here!
  • gracia124
    gracia124 Posts: 41 Member
    5'0 here!
  • CaliBird
    CaliBird Posts: 10
    I'm 5'2 also! But you're a lot smaller than me hahaha
  • jillymurdoch
    jillymurdoch Posts: 42 Member
    5'2"! 8 lbs to go to my goal of 110.
  • i'm 5'3 and 118! really close!!! :love:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I'm 5'2"
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    I am just over 5'1" and weight 120 pounds size fours are getting to big......perfect weight...I am just maintaining now
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    me here!!!! 5'2" !!!!!! I am 119 last weigh in....goal is 110, finding it really hard tog et to that mark, I was 109 in march before my trip to domincan, came back and 9 pounds instant?? and I never changed anything, eating the same, exercising the same...I'm stuck!!!!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    so hard being short!! makes us look that much bigger! Theres no where for it to go!!!!

Exactly...a few pounds makes such a HUGE difference the shorter you are :(
    exactly!!! I know!!! :grumble:
  • I am 5'4'' which is close and i am 123 lbs and want to lose 8 lbs too! add me!
  • ntlpeterson
    ntlpeterson Posts: 16 Member
    There are actually groups on here for us short people. I am 5'1 and at 119 right now. I think people think I'm crazy when I say that my goal weight is 105 lbs but there just aren't a lot of places fat can go on a small frame. Trust me, there are lots of us out there.
  • 9JANE
    9JANE Posts: 21 Member
    Hi. I am 5'1 and I currently weigh about 156 and am losing weight with a lot of hard work at the gym and my diet. E-mail me back and we can help each other.
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    I am barely 5'1'' nearly a midget haha! I was 169 lbs at the end of 2009. By Fall of 2010 I went down to 142 lbs. Then gained weight after the tornado on 5/22/11. I was 154 lbs in June 2012. Last time I got on a scale I was 152. I don't know how much I weight now because I banned the scale for awhile, but I know I am much lighter.

I'm a shorty too :) you are not alone :)
  • I'm five one!! And I am 140lbs and I am not fat but I still want to get down to 125/120lbs and people tell me the same freaking thing...your skinny why are you working out and watching what u eat? because you can always improve yourself! There is nothing wrong with wanting to lose some more lbs, and 5lbs on a short girl looks like a hell of a lot more than on a tall one! I think it's a lot harder for us short girls to maintain/lose weight...does anyone else feel the same?!