Am I REALLY the only 5'2 one here??

Options

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft even. I started at 124 and am down to 111. I know exactly where you are coming from. Friend me if you would like.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I was actually about to ask the opposite thing.
    I see so many "Short girls" threads, and I feel left out :(
  • risak
    risak Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and fall between 125 - 128. I started my journey at 162. I'd like to be closer to the 120-125 range. I think it depends on your body type too, whether you are bigger boned or very petite. I'm slightly petite cause I'm 5'3 (torso is short) but my shoulders wouldn't fit into a petite size blouse. So I'm working on toning up and losing body fat and I know that if I am successful there the last couple pounds will go away with the fat OR I'll just tone up. I have a little flabby flab in some places and I would like to tighten up a bit. I'm more concerned about my fat percentage than the scale at this point. Though I do weigh myself and count calories.
  • Dare2BThin
    Dare2BThin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Def not the shorest Im 5 foot even LOL!
  • misschelle04
    Options
    so hard being short!! makes us look that much bigger! Theres no where for it to go!!!!
  • mojolo7
    mojolo7 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.75, but I like to round up. :-) Whether you feel like you have a few more pounds to lose isn't for me to judge, but is entirely up to you. I think you'll find a lot of shorties on this site, although many of us have a bit more than a few pounds to lose. Hopefully this post will help you find other "little ones" with just a few pounds to go so you can encourage each other. Good luck!
  • SarahD59
    SarahD59 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    5'2" and PROOOOUUUD! (Also, loud apparently)
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just added you! I'm 5'1.
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". Weigh about 102 today, in my 20s, in the 90s, sometimes the very low 90s. Never unhealthy, never had an eating disorder. I'm trying to lose a few pounds too, but it's much harder now. I'm older and I'm recovering from a serious injury to my ankle.

You're not alone. Many people no longer have a realistic idea of weight ranges. If you're healthy, don't pay attention to other people.
  • meepberry
    meepberry Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 1/2" so...close enough! :D But I have a ton more weight to lose than OP.
  • moonglo82
    moonglo82 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm the same height as you, and 120 is my goal weight. However, I started out at about 250, so we'll see! Right now I'm at 179.
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'2" and weigh about 130 now. my goal is 120. I think if you want to lose a few pounds and tone up, go for it. My diary is open; feel free to take a look. My calorie target is 1200, and most days that doesn't leave me hungry. It just takes planning. I'm not exercising yet, but plan to when I get closer to my goal.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"2 and some change :bigsmile:
  • ggcat
    ggcat Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started at 127, now at 114. I wanna lose 5-9 more pounds. People think I am crazy, and when I tell them I just want to be healthy, they look at me like I am some fitness nut! And maybe I am, but I never use to be! I enjoy watching what I eat and exercising, makes life less boring (and I look better doing it!) :tongue:
    I am 32 years old and my ideal weight should be around 111. I want to get down to 105 to learn the discipline it takes, and then bring it back up to 110-111 and maintain!

Power to the short people!
  • lbbcvt
    lbbcvt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite 5'1". currently weigh 145, back in Jan I was 160. At my age for me 120-125 would be a good weight. but in my younger years I weighed 105-110
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    YAY! So there are actualy some shorties out there! Some shorter than me even :D Well it seems that my goal isn't too idealistic but no one seemed to want to be under 115 so maybe when I get there I can decide...I'm not too far from being there, but like someone said, those few pounds make such a difference on my body type so we'll see!
  • TonyM1984
    TonyM1984 Posts: 267
    Options
    Looking the way that you do, who cares if you are 5'2"! Thats why you are into fitness, so you can look good and feel good about yourself right?
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 " and 135 lbs... I am not sure how much more I want to lose because 135 was my goal weight ( I was 195 before starting MFP). I want to keep toning up and working on my fitness level without putting to much focus on the scale! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • ambrwaves27
    Options
    Hey dont they have a separate site for you people :)
  • ashleeassaf
    ashleeassaf Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You are so small for your height! lol I am 5'2 and I was at the biggest weight I have ever been at a couple weeks ago. As soon as I hit the scale I cried. I made a promise to myself that I was at least going to try to get back down to my high school weight which was 140. 140 is better than the 168 I am at now for my height. So no you are definitely not the only shorter one on this site. I have no idea what I should be doing to tone up my legs I am just working on eating healthier right now and making some better life changes. Good luck on your weight loss but personally I would love just to be at 120 :)