What are the most cliche things people say on MFP?

Options

Replies

• McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    This is the one I hate:
    1 - a pound of fat, a pound of muscle, a pound of feathers.........THEY ALL WEIGH A POUND.
    Because it's obvious that it means a given volume of muscle weighs more than the same volume of fat, but you act like it means something totally idiotic. I'm sorry that you don't like the way it's phrased but you are being deliberately obtuse.

:flowerforyou:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any thread that rants about how something is cliche or annoying. It's always a great idea to tear people down on a fitness forum! Not supposed to call them fat so may as well find something else!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    As repetitive as it can be, I enjoy every comment, my mfp friends take the time to say something to me, I appreciate the encouragement

^^ agree with this... if you don't like what people say clear your friends lists or stop visiting the dreaded forums oor make another post like this lol yep that is as productive as me replying to this post ;)
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    How do I get my kids healthier?
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    wtg....and "journey" i hate that word, really, lol!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Protein

Are you eating enough protein?

You need to eat more protein

I can't reach my protein goal

^^^ this is meeee! lol
  • lumina0o0
    lumina0o0 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    does such and such diet really work?

eat less processed foods...
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    you're just retaining water
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    "jumpstart" or "kickstart" or "rev" your metabolism....

if your metabolism was stopped, you'd be dead...
  • okcareys4ku
    Options
    A pound is a pound correct but a pound of muscle is smaller than a pound of fat .
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for two whole minutes and I've only lost ten pounds, something is wrong with me.

LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    most of the comments here don't even really make sense.. most of these aren't cliche things, they are just over used phrases that people use here.
    One of the cliches I hate is "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels".
  • jdswaker
    jdswaker Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    ROFLMAO...look what you started fizzle...I'm rolling.

And my favorite are all of the above. I'm going to read a few more and enjoy.
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    "Has anybody done the Jillian Michael's Shred? Does it work? What are your results?"

Just scroll down in the success page genius.
  • siegelmh145
    Options
    I'm worried that I'll gain weight if I eat after 8 p.m.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    probably gaining muscle and it weighs more than fat". Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
    1 - a pound of fat, a pound of muscle, a pound of feathers.........THEY ALL WEIGH A POUND.
    ^^^ This is the most cliche thing posted on MFP.

Duh! Imagine the possibility that muscle DOES weigh considerably more than the same volume of fat. Of all the people who have made the statement that muscle weighs more than fat, I have NEVER EVER EVER actually interpreted any of them as intending to imply that a pound of muscle weighs more than a pound of fat. Ever. Just the people who think they're clever, but are not clever enough to consider that volume/density was the actual factor being discussed. :grumble:

If you disagree, I would encourage you to have a friend climb up on the roof and drop a down pillow on your head, then have them do the same thing with a chunk of meat the size of the pillow. Let us know how that turns out. :drinker:
  • katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    This thread is absolutely wonderful. I'm really only posting so that I can keep reading what people have to say.
  • gatorento
    gatorento Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    As repetitive as it can be, I enjoy every comment, my mfp friends take the time to say something to me, I appreciate the encouragement

"iguelmente" (Spanish for "me too"). It's encouraging to receive encouraging comments.
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    "I"m gonna eat less then 1000 calories a day, maybe 900 or less. Is that okay? Is it healthy?"

You damn well know its not healthy so stop looking for someone to validate you and give you the excuse to do this.
  • ChcolateLady11
    Options

^^This, and I am sure they feel the same way. If not, they can give me a new word(s) to tell them..I have no problem with that.