Most embarrassing "fat" moment....

Options

Replies

• Officialas
    Officialas Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Mine was when I was in 8th grade and I went to an annual theme park opening with a group of my friends.. I went on one of the 'haunted house' ghost rides and was buckled into a small kart with one of my friends. Like that wasn't a tight enough squeeze, the ride, prior to entering the haunted house, required the kart to go up this circuit hill... My kart started stumbling and could barely make it up the hill!!! I was so humiliated as the kart moved slowly up the track (making very unpleasant screeching sounds, might I add), overlooking all these on lookers waiing in line for the ride.. ughh, cringing! my friend didn't say anything, she wasn't the type to care for my weight, but i was still so sooo embarrassed..

another thing at year 9 camp, we played group activity races.. One race included running and diving under a 'human bridge' and then proceeding to run again and complete more obstacles etc, etc.. Anyways, once it came to my turn on running, as I went to dive under one of the girls in my year level, i got stuck crawling and couldn't move from under her and ended up knocking her off her feet... I couldn't even get up properly after that... :( it sucked more because my group were a bunch of b*tches, had no friends to laugh it off with :(
  • Kate8059
    Kate8059 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Last fall I was working for a conservation area. We were eating lunch when our supervisor looks at me and says "You're not going to eat all that are you? Look at the gut on ya! Its Huge! You'll be useless for the rest of the day ha ha ha." (btw I was eating a sandwich and an apple)
    The other two people there laughed and then he said "Hmm maybe I shouldn't have said that. oh well I am an *kitten* who makes girls cry" (like that makes it better)

I was so upset and hurt. I couldn't help complain to my team for the the rest of the day. Word got back to the head office and I was asked to speak with a guy there(I cant remember the name of his position but basically that other supervisors supervisor). When I told him what was said he had tears in his eyes from trying not to laugh and said something along the lines of "oh well what do ya do."

Way to add insult to injury.
  • Maryxr7
    Maryxr7 Posts: 1
    Options
    My exhusband told me that I would be pretty if I wern't so heavy. So I lost 50 lbs and then he said I still have a potbelly:( Those words you never foget.
  • sadira86
    sadira86 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    once, i saw a former coworker at a restaurant and as i was walking by we said hi to each other and all the regular pleasantries and then she asked if i was pregnant. i said "no, i wish that was my excuse". she felt really bad about it and came to apologize to me before her and her fiance left the restaurant. i definitely chose something healthier to eat after that though.

when my best friend was planning her wedding, it was the last year of college and i was stress eating like crazy. we went in for an initial fitting for our bridesmaids dresses then a couple after that. each time the woman had to take my dress out more because i kept gaining weight. that felt pretty awful. seeing the pictures after the wedding sucked even more.

reading some of your stories breaks my heart. i've been fortunate enough that i haven't encountered some of the abuse that some of you seem to have dealt with, but NO ONE deserves to be put down because of their weight. people think that because you are "out of the norm" that you're free game to take abuse. and that goes for other things too. someone mentioned smokers, or people who like to dress differently, dye their hair crazy colors, etc. we are all human beings and no one deserves less respect than anyone else just because someone else doesn't feel that it fits what they think is right. it just makes me so sad that anyone would think it's okay to shout insults at someone else because they are "fat".

like Thumper's mom taught him "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing at all"
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thailand holiday I was lined up to get on the Elephant tour....They made me wait while they brought put a bigger elephant...
  • silico
    silico Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago at college in the cafe I walked in with my friends and there wasn't enough seats so I sat on a spare table and DESTROYED it, I mean busted all the legs and cracked the wood in half. I owned that table.

But yeah doesn't feel good when your lying on the floor with people laughing at you.
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    I have a few. But my most embarrassing was when I broke a chair from sitting on it. Ah....good times.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Worse moment was when I broke a toilet seat :/

Second would be a video taken during a vacation in Vegas. When I saw it I asked my husband if i was really THAT big... all he could say was yes broke my heart to hear the truth!

Told "plus size" department is that way or we dont sell yooouuur size here.

Being on a flight and told by the stranger next to me that my fat was in "his space."
  • tobielauren
    tobielauren Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I was at a bar my freshman year of college and there was a dance competition. I got on stage and was dancing. The girl who won ended up flashing the crowd...anyway some big women thanked me in the bathroom saying it was good to have a thick girl up on stage. I must have been in the dark until that moment because I didn't think I was thick...but I was so mortified I left that bar and never went back again. Also threw out the sweater I was wearing
  • treehugger215
    treehugger215 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    on my birthday some guy called out of his car 'you're fat'. my friend pretended she didnt hear (which i'm actually thankful for, i was always too embarrassed by my weight that i never wanted to talk about it) and proceeded to buy me a coffee.

way to ruin a birthday..
  • Angel_Eyes1975
    Angel_Eyes1975 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    reading these comments I am at a loss for words.. people are so nasty and rude.. I am thankful that I have never had any "fat" moments with the exception of a slick comment from my ex boy friends new girl friend many years ago.. she thought she was being funny asking damn when are you due looking that big.. and I laughed and asked well damn Nakoa didn't tell you guess you better ask him that question LOL her face priceless...
  • RLDeShazo
    RLDeShazo Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    The day I couldn't fit on the roller coaster and had to send my baby brother who was 8-9 years old at the time ALONE on it by himself.

This and add that I had to get off the roller coaster and everyone was staring!

been there, done that. my fiancé rode all the cool ones with the friend we went with and it was so awful. i LOOOOVE roller coasters.

i wanted to go back this summer to prove to myself i've done it and i can fit again now, but i've been too broke. *sigh*

Several years ago, my dad's job had a day at a local amusement park. And it happened to fall on my birthday. My then DH thought it would be a good present for me if the whole family went together. I really didn't want to go, but everyone else did, so I agreed. I was miserable the entire time. I couldn't ride anything but the stupid train that takes you from one part of the park to another, and I barely fit it that. I had to sit and wait while everyone else got to ride the rides. I tried not to ruin everyone else's fun, but it was a horrible day for me. And I had to smile and pretend I was having fun. Blah.

Next summer, I will be able to go. And I will ride every ride, even the crappy ones. Twice.
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    ooo how awful!!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Wow.. *hugs* for everyone! It takes so MUCH courage to talk about things with strangers. I can't imagine some of the things you guys have been thru..Probably because I avoid shopping, restaurants, planes and roller coasters for obvious reasons, but not for much longer!

We were having dinner recently and my boyfriend's son (4 yrs old) started comparing me to his stuffed dinosaur because he was "fat like me".. My boyfriend had a very stern talk to him after that. Poor kid didn't realize how much that could hurt..

The chair I normally sit in shifted the other day and I heard a crack - my boyfriend told me I was imagining things and proceeded to tell me how the screws were probably coming lose (bless him)

Thankfully most other people keep their opinions to themselves where I can hear them because I am not at all shy about calling people out if needed and I look really mean! I had a lot of issues in school.. I used to be "Fatty Patty" but these days I've found a better place in my life and have stopped letting other people dictate my feelings for me.
  • StephieF87
    StephieF87 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    There are so many..SADLY...like one, was going to a restaurant and got seated in a small booth, I stuffed myself in and couldn't breath......:embarassed: another...my family and I always go camping and they wanted to go hiking, one year. Well come to find out it was a 3 mile hike; UP HILL, knowing I could not make that to save my life, I pretended to be sick..(how sad), I think my husband caught on and stayed behind with me, and held me while I cried after everyone left...there are many more, just starting to feel depressed sigggh...:frown:
  • such_nonsense
    Options
    I was moving into my boyfriend and I's new apartment and on the bottom floor there was a nice lady (or so I thought) that was in a wheelchair. We introduced ourselves and I introduced her to Hannah and everything. Hannah and I decided to stay up stairs and start unpacking while my boyfriend continues to bring things up. He walks in and says, "Hey babe, the lady in the wheelchair wants to know when our next baby is due." "Are you kidding me? What did you say?" "I said we aren't expecting." She didn't even apologize! I ended up not going outside for a month lmao.
  • pittskaa
    pittskaa Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I had just gotten hired at a restaurant and one guy yells "THE NEW GIRL LOOKS LIKE MRS PUFF FROM SPONGEBOB!!!!!!!"
    and everyone died laughing.
  • campjodie
    campjodie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest (215) I went on a rock climbing trip. I had a much smaller girl belaying me on the rock wall. I went to jump for a rock that was a bit out of my reach and I fell, causing the other girl to fly up into the air. It took 3 other people to pull her back down.
  • mkstirp
    mkstirp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My husband earned a huge trip to Hawaii based on his sales at work and one of the activities they had planned for the group was a helicopter ride. To sign up, you had to list your name and WEIGHT and it was on a form that everyone could see everyone else's information. I weighed 325lbs at the time and there was NO WAY I was going to sign that form, but I really wanted to go. My husband went and said it was awesome.

They make you buy 2 seats if you are over 250. I know cause I had to tell my hubby how much I weighed when he called to make a reservation. I told him to please go without me but he wouldn't. we did something else thatbday. I felt horrible. Next time we go to Hawaii, we are going and only buying 2 seats not 3.
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    I'm not sure I could pick just one....

- One of the children I babysit (about 4 years old) told me that I was his favorite babysitter because I had a soft belly so it felt like a pillow.

- Shopping in a store for someone else and being told "Miss, you won't find anything that fits you here. You should try somewhere else."

- Sitting in a chair in the middle of the Common's Area in the math building at my university and the seat of the chair broke right off the legs of the chair and I fell to the floor in front of everyone with the legs of the chair flying one direction and the seat flying the other direction. Thankfully one of my professors was passing by and he very quickly and quietly grabbed the chair pieces as he was walking by and took them in the office. It was like he knew and just wanted to make the whole thing go away before anyone noticed! One of my favorite professors!

- Lastly, the famous walk of shame after not being able to fit on a roller coaster. The attendent working there was trying to push the bar down and actually said "Just pick up your stomach." Really?!?! I was so mortified that I refused to do anything the rest of the day. I had a bad attitude and everywhere I went I would say something smart-*kitten* like "Oh I hope I can fit through the doorway!" I was 15 and it was the first time I realized how heavy I had gotten...

How depressing is that list! My Lord I'm glad I'm not as heavy as I was when all that happened, and I am still going to work towards getting even healthier!