Most embarrassing "fat" moment....

Options

Replies

• lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    This and add that I had to get off the roller coaster and everyone was staring!
    [/quote]

I had to talk to walk of shame back down the stairs too....That was my worst!
  • Dozrzz
    Dozrzz Posts: 245
    Options
    Oh I forgot probably my worst one....

A year or so ago I had lost a lot of weight. Then in the last 6 months I had gained about 50 or so back. So when I went to visit the my boyfriend's parents (who had last saw me 50 pounds lighter) I had two different relatives of his say something like "Oh wow! You have gained some weight haven't you girl!" many people in his family are larger people and they are ALL VERY BLUNT! They just say whatever pops into their head. So I really just had to go with it and move on because that was life. But it really sucked! Especially since it was so noticeble that I had gained so much weight back after working so hard to lose it in the first place.
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Couldn't fit in booth at a restraunt. And couldn't fit into rides at the state fair.
  • Slamhamster
    Options
    At a fair with the kids, only to find the attendant was unable to close the harness on one of the rides due to my gut. I think the walk of shame past the lengthy queue I'd been in did the trick.
  • mightyafrodyte
    mightyafrodyte Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    The one that hurts the most was my wedding night. My husband couldn't carry me over the threshold. I was CRUSHED.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    A guy I was interested in told me that he "didn't usually date women my size."

Now, he wants to date me lol....

I wouldn't even give him a chance!!!!!!! "If you didn't want me then you sure as hell don't deserve me now."
  • Keightisgr8
    Keightisgr8 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I was taking a walk around my neighborhood, and a guy driving past yelled out the window "Go on a f***ing diet fatso" at me

Almost exactly the same, a guy drove by when I was walking for exercise and said "HEY YOU'RE REALLY FAT".
    :(

I was also told by a boyfriend that I was too fat to look at, let alone love.
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My fiance's 4 year old cousin coming up to me at Christmas 2 years ago and patting my belly saying "Nessa, you're pregnant!" right in front of the entire extended family. His aunt apologized for her but I was so mortified. I could feel my face turn red and I started to tear up a little bit.

I'm over it now. In her defense I DID look pregnant. My gut still sticks out quiet a bit.
  • KaidaKantri
    Options
    I was taking a walk around my neighborhood, and a guy driving past yelled out the window "Go on a f***ing diet fatso" at me

I think the OP was talking about your most embarrassing moment, not some *kitten*' in a car.

I would count that as a very embarrassing moment.
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options

I was also told by a boyfriend that I was too fat to look at, let alone love.

WHAT?????? Hope you dumped that *kitten*! Nobody is "too fat" to love. >:(
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    It's so sad. We always think we ruined Everyone's day. When really, most people just continue on and forget it. WE're the one's whose day feels ruined. Our own guilt eats us alive. : (
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bumping for later
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I caught the bouquet at my cousins wedding and had forgotten all about the garter :( When it came time for the garter catcher to put it on me he asked the wedding director how he was supposed to get it on me. She looked me up and down and said "just slide it up as high as you can". I was mortified. He didn't ask me to dance even though it was expected. I wanted to die. I was a size 14.

Also, last year I bought myself a bike for the first time in 15 years. I like riding and told myself I was going to get back on a ride till I was fit. Some stupid kid saw me riding and yelled "UGH I just saw something DISGUSTING!"
    I have ridden maybe 3 times since then. :(
  • tetracat
    tetracat Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I was standing in line to get my flu shot at work, and one of the nurses told me that I couldn't get one without a doctor note since I was pregnant. Thank god she pulled me way over to the side so no one else heard.
  • mightyafrodyte
    mightyafrodyte Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    We had a large family gathering at my daughter's house. She was asking us all to try her new Wii Fit. When I got on it weighed me, than announced in that voice "That's obese!" and this heavy tuba music played.

That Wii is so freaking RUDE!
  • RHSheetz
    RHSheetz Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    well, Got a few....

1. The walk of shame when I could not even fit in the SEAT of the Rollercoaster
    2. Breaking chairs when I sit in them (or looking at all the seating options, and not trusting ANY of them to hold my weight)
    3. Walking into a resturant and them not have any tables (only booths) so I needed to leave.
    4. Having a guy at the airport, come up and ask me were I was sitting on the plane, and when I told him, he told his wife "wow, that's great, he is not in our row".
    5. Asking for a seat belt extender

I could go on. THANKFULLY, I know longer have any of these issues!
  • redheadsrbetr
    redheadsrbetr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was a freshman in high school and a girl I was partnered with in one of my classes said to me "girls see girls who look like you and that is the reason they become anerexic".
  • MissLynne10
    MissLynne10 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I had to get an ultrasound for my kidneys, and due to my weight gain I'd gotten some pretty bad stretch marks. I told the guy doing the ultrasound that I would bet passing a kidney stone would be worse than having a kid, he then looked at my stomach and said "Oh, you don't have kids?" The fact that I'm 19 doesn't help.
  • kens07
    kens07 Posts: 4
    Options
    My brother read my weight loss journal and said told everyone I know that I weigh 155 pounds :/
  • dietflyer
    dietflyer Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher, and when my students found out that my first name is Jenni, a few started singing the old 1800Jenny20 jingle. I also was out at a bar a few years ago for St. Patrick's Day. A guy (drunk and annoying) kept trying to make conversation with me. After I had walked away, I heard him joking with his friends, "I bet that fat chick thinks I was hitting on her!"