Do you like to work out?

Options
1235»

Replies

• LinaBo
    LinaBo Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    For the most part, I love lifting (except the initial "getting myself to the gym when I'm not at 100%", as well as currently having to work around a bad shoulder until my upcoming surgery). I love the endorphins. I even love the DOMS. Can't sit down in a chair properly because my hams and quads are hurtin' bad? Awesome!

I'm not such a fan of cardio. At least, not the machines. I don't get the same kind of rush from it, it's usually pretty monotonous and just becomes more and more gruelling as I progress. Hopefully, once I'm more fit overall, I can get into a team sport or something else that engages others senses while I get the heart muscle pumping, instead of boring-*kitten* elliptical/treadmill/bike/etc.
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    Working out sucks, but I like it.
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it. Sure, I have those days that I feel a little unmotivated or put off working out for a while, but once I get started, nothing can stop me. It's great!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm tough one. I'll say that before the workout I'm kind of thinking, "ugh again?" during the workout its more like, "I can do this, not so bad" and afterward its, "Oh man I feel sooooooo much better, I'm soooo glad I didn't punk out on myself!". :drinker:

^ This exactly.
  • shelleylawes
    Options
    Honestly, I love it. When I have free time, it's the first thing I really want to do :smile: And the rush you get afterwards is just so good, ugh. And the results!
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I enjoy it!

I have quiet a sedentary life so when I go out and to the gym and really get going it makes me feel better about myself.

Also I tend to think about all the benefits that come with it; more calories available, better weight loss, feeling better about myself, NSV (such bingo wings!), and my long term goals such as more stylish clothes and rubbing my success in the face of those who have always doubted me!!!
  • fluffeesquirrel
    fluffeesquirrel Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    No, I hate going to the gym and I hate working out but I love seeing my stamina increase and not feeling tired doing things that used to exhaust me. For instance, around this time last year, I moved into a new apartment and about died in the Florida heat moving stuff in and out and around. This year, when I moved (again), I did not feel physically spent. I was fine. Also, I feel guilty when I don't go. So, even though I don't like doing it, not doing it is much worse.
  • smilesalot1969
    Options
    i love it!! :love: i'd actually forgotten how much until i got back there but i love how i feel when im done each day. I feel so lazy on my days off!!
  • kirsty_mc
    kirsty_mc Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I dont like it, but I've learned to like what I have to do.

I hate running, but its the only thing that ( for me) burns the cals and gets results quickly. So I like it because of those benefits.

I hate lifting, but its something that I have to do to get the "tight" results that I'm looking for. So I like it. But I hate doing it because I'm lifting really small weights and feel quite intimidated by the other people lifting amazing numbers!
  • jenbehe
    jenbehe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I hate thinking about it and getting up to do it, but once I am halfway through I feel amazing about doing it and love it!
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I totally agree about running! Just started up this week, time to get some results
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    No, not always, but I always like what it does for me. After years of 6-7 days a week of training for soccer mostly, my body needs those feel good chemicals. I felt cruddy and moody if I go more than a few days without them.

I do LIKE working out in a social setting, like group runs or spin class. Takes my mind off the pain and discomfort. Giggles, high fives, and such are nice and motivating.
  • NeatMan
    NeatMan Posts: 62
    Options
    Liking workout? In it's own way.
    I like the results, but hate the process. But i almost everyday put my earbuds on, audiobook on and will ride uphills for a few hours.
  • ghgs13
    ghgs13 Posts: 27
    Options
    I hate every minute of it and can't wait to stop! Dancing and walking the dog is okay though.