The one food that the hardest to give up...

Options

Replies

• lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    i don't think i have really given up one thing. but, there are those that are difficult to eat/drink in moderation. beer, chips & dip, wings & fried chicken & waffles with endless mimosas.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I didn't know I had to give up anything...I haven't and I won't.

Ditto.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    These!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/499785/1-minute-clean-berrylicious-microwave-minute-muffin#latest

(not really I just figured I would link the two zombie threads together and create one giant mutant zombie!)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    These!

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/499785/1-minute-clean-berrylicious-microwave-minute-muffin#latest

(not really I just figured I would link the two zombie threads together and create one giant mutant zombie!)

zworld.jpg
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    There are some foods that I have personally chosen to no longer indulge in - either on a regular basis or even "once in a while" because I frankly don't enjoy them enough to use up the calories on them.

I have had only one soda - a Dr. Pepper - since January 25th. (Well not counting the two 7ups and Vodkas I had the other night...oh...lol) I don't miss it, I don't crave it...there is a 2 liter bottle in the house I got for the kids and I haven't wanted it. I don't want to drink my calories unless it's for a special treat latte or alcohol. Or maybe a milkshake but that's pushing it.

I no longer eat much bread - just because it doesn't provide the pleasure to me to make it worth my calories. I will eat garlic knots (hard to account for though since they are home made from a pizzeria and even guess how much each sucker is)...and garlic bread, but that's it..and only rarely.

I haven't "given anything up" that I "desperately" miss. That's why I'm going to succeed this time instead of fail for the 7th time...
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Pizza, candy, anything deep fried. Cream cheese wontons. Although I eat these things on occasion.
  • KingofWisdom
    KingofWisdom Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time giving up sugar. I don't like the taste of water enough to drink it with any regularity. I don't know if I could ever give up soda. Maybe if I absolutely had to, for health reasons. But if I couldn't drink soda anymore, I'd find it easier to quit it cold turkey than to replace it with diet soda. The artificial sweeteners are yucky. Even if I did cut back on soda, I'd probably replace it with unsweetened tea or coffee. I'm sure I would lose weight more quickly if I didn't drink so many of my calories.
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I didn't know I had to give up anything...I haven't and I won't.

Ditto.

Here here...

I will say I'm a lot pickier about drinking my calories though...those Starbucks lattes are a rarity these days.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Chocolate all the way.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Braaaaaaiiinnns.
  • Rlavigne93
    Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Potatoes. I just love them in every shape and form. I can't even keep any around because I could eat 5 pounds of them in a day. :)

• Pantera69
    Pantera69 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Pantera69 wrote: »
    Olivia1977 wrote: »
    :yawn: You don't have to "give up" anything. I have two words for you: Portion Control. When you try to give up foods you will end up binging.

Just a question, relax lol I didnt say anything about actually giving up anything

The more pressing matter is.... Have you had pizza yet?

Yes, i can eat 20 slices in one sitting :o
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Braaaaaaiiinnns.

braaaiins-pumpkin-ale-for-zombies-f39f7d09eb16f20f.jpg
  • Parkster007
    Options
    Cottage cheese mmm
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I look at it all this way. I have celiac disease. I've already had to give up a boatload of favorite things. Their gluten free counterparts just aren't the same and aren't worth having.

So that's HAVE to give ups... things like good bread and pizza and tortellini (an old favorite).

Why would I willingly give up anything else? I'll be eating quite a few things a lot less often and in smaller amounts, but totally give them up? Nah.
  • Pantera69
    Pantera69 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    randomtai wrote: »
    Braaaaaaiiinnns.

braaaiins-pumpkin-ale-for-zombies-f39f7d09eb16f20f.jpg

Yum :)
  • SarenaWM
    SarenaWM Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Sweet baked breads. Like muffins or scones. Not the healthy bran/wholewheat ones. I want to big fluffy bakery ones.

Also self-serve frozen yoghurt. My mum and I have a girl day date to Menchies every month and I GO TO TOWN. Cake batter frozen yoghurt with Reese's and Oreo crumbles..OH! and a nanimo bar square on top. Yes. No regrets.
  • zoomtech16
    zoomtech16 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've completely given up is soda and sugary drinks. It's been a few months now, and I still want one. I think if I had one though that my head would explode!
  • monkeystikx
    monkeystikx Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bourbon
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip pancakes... I still have them as my treat! :D