women 40+ would like to share progress

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES!

It was been a terrific week and a peaceful and joyous Christmas. Friday is my weigh-in day and I am thrilled to report that I am 199. NEVER to see the 200's again. I am so happy to start 2010 under 200. Looking towards August to be at my goal weight.
  • makeitallsue
    makeitallsue Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES!

It was been a terrific week and a peaceful and joyous Christmas. Friday is my weigh-in day and I am thrilled to report that I am 199. NEVER to see the 200's again. I am so happy to start 2010 under 200. Looking towards August to be at my goal weight.

Oh My gosh...Snowflakes...how terrific...I knew you would make it by Christmas..Virtual High five coming at ya!!!!
    .Good for you!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    I am a big chicken, it is my TOM and I had Ham on Wednesday and Thursday...so I am waiting until next Friday to weigh in....(I had good luck last time I waited three weeks...we'll see if I can pull it off again)
    I didn't exercise Wednesday, but I have been busy and I did the other days...
    3/9 Missou...:bigsmile:
    The week went fast, the food and family time was great. I am excited about the new year, getting back into routine and seeing where life takes me.
    Talk toeveryone soon!
  • fransfit
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Merry Christmas to all!
    Stuffed to the gills with things I wouldn't dare touch on a regular day. Not exactly sure why it's legit on Christmas. Ah well.

Sunday is my birthday and I think I am going to really set some goals for myself. It seemed to me when I put my mind to finishing a 5k, I did it and it was a great feeling. I would like to transfer that feeling to the whole year. Just put some looseleaf paper in a neat colored binder and I think tomorrow I will sit myself down and really think about what I can achieve.

I hope you had a great day. Talk to you tomorrow.

Peace,
    fran
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    Fran, that's a beautiful gift to yourSELF this Christmas!

Snowflakes...Congratulations on such a wonderful achievement!

Today has been a day of recovery! I was not kidding when I set out to do some dancing!!!! My legs want a massage soooo badly!
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!!!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I am at 4/9 :drinker: Tonight, I went to my in-laws and there was so much food!!! I over ate :noway: I may not get to 155 by the 31st, but I will do my 9/9!!!

Sleep thight :flowerforyou:
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    It feels so nice to be back home and in a routine. I do have to work today but my eating and logging will get back on track. I am at 4/9 for exercise. I ran outside on Wed in 30 degree weather and repeated week 4 of C25K training. It was nice to run outside instead of on a treadmill. I did a walking DVD Thurs but skipped ex on Christmas Day. I enjoyed my family and friends. I didn't log anything for 2 days and I know I over ate but chose to do it for the holiday. I was up 4 pounds today but am certain that most of it is water weight. I won't officially record anything until next Thursday.

I hope everyone had a great holiday.
  • fransfit
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Starting the day off with a yummy breakfast and dragging the elliptical in front of the tv again. Is it wrong to workout in front of the Food Network? :wink:

Pinbot- I remember the shock of moving from a treadmill to jogging in the real world. on the C25K program. Whoo Boy. It was a bit of an ego slam, but it was that much more of a motivator to try to run as fast on pavement as I could on the treadmill. It was at that moment I realized gravity sucked in more ways than one! :laugh:

Started my "binder of progress" (wow, that needs another name!) by writing in some healthy meals to eat until next Friday and what exercise I plan to do that day. I sat with my calendar in front of me, the shopping flyer, and some healthy cookbooks. Sarah Woodruff is one of my all-time favorite cookbook authors for healthy cooking. Not that you asked. but a little side track there....

Ok, enough stalling! Time to get that elliptical moving. Have a great day and I hope to check back in later.

Peace,
    fran
  • Missouwechanged
    Missouwechanged Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, happy boxing day!!!

Yesterday, I took an energetic walk outside. It was not too cold and it felt good. That made my 4/9. Today, the girls are coming for a brunch and then, I will have some cooking to do for tomorrow. My mother is having a lunch Chritmas party and I am bringing some goodies. I'll try to do some healthy ones... Do they exist??? I also have to workout to make it 5/9. My workout today will have to be more intense. I have to lose the weight I have gained and since I did not drink to much, it is not mostly water...

I want to go on my cycle, my rower, my Gazelle, my AKP and my stairs. I also want to take a walk outside before the freezing rain starts later tonight. One exercise I will not do is go to the store... It will be too crazy!!

Take care every one!!
  • doit4me
    doit4me Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Jogged 2.6 miles today, 20 minutes. Definately not a speed record, but wow did I feel good and could probably have done another 10 minutes! Wii Fit says I've lost 6.2lbs and over 1% BMI since starting it after Thanksgiving, however, I didn't use it for the first couple of weeks, so... anyway, when I weighed on my bathroom scale after my workout and my shower this morning, I see my 4lb goal for this week IN SIGHT! I'm SHOCKED at what I can do! You're all inspiring to me! I've never felt so compelled and in control of my weight, much less my weight loss!

I hope Santa was good to y'all! :)
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Merry Christmas to all!
    Stuffed to the gills with things I wouldn't dare touch on a regular day. Not exactly sure why it's legit on Christmas. Ah well.

Sunday is my birthday and I think I am going to really set some goals for myself. It seemed to me when I put my mind to finishing a 5k, I did it and it was a great feeling. I would like to transfer that feeling to the whole year. Just put some looseleaf paper in a neat colored binder and I think tomorrow I will sit myself down and really think about what I can achieve.

I hope you had a great day. Talk to you tomorrow.

Peace,
    fran
    Fran, great idea...I have also put a few things to paper, I would really like to be at goal weight by my birthday, and I am busy planning small goals to keep until I make it there.:bigsmile: My big goal is I have decided to try a 1/2 marathon next November, and I am planning on a few more area 5K's until I can get one finished in under 27 minutes, I also want to collect enough shirts so that I can make myself a quilt, that would take 16-20 of them, so that goal might take a couple years, I have 2 so far!
    Happy Birthday Tomorrow!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Just a quick check in......
    Good Job Pinbot on running outdoors, I tried to get my husband to join me yesterday, but it was a muddy mess so I opted for the elliptical.
    doitfor me, I'd say that's a pretty good time on your run, and congrats on your loss!
    Missou...Great job, I'm a day behind...but I need to get off of here and get busy and finish 4/9 for myself. I am planning on a tough 2 hour, ab, elliptical, and core work.
    itsbella....I haven't went dancing in years, I need to get my husband and we need to shake a leg soon!
    Have a great day everyone!
  • snowflakes
    snowflakes Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hi gals,

Good job you runners. As for me we went snowshoeing and today it is sunny and cold again. The snow is shimmering glitter! It is gorgeous. Hubby is taking me away for a few days for our 20th Anniversary so I will chat with you all in a few days. Take Care.
  • fransfit
    Options
    Me again!
    Just logged in my food for brekkies and lunch.

DoIt- Isn't it amazing what we can do? I just finished taking a test last Saturday, and it made me laugh that when I had looked at the study guide at the beginning of the semester, I was freaked out! I had only 2 wrong on the test, so I guess we can achieve just darned near anything we put our minds to.

Debra- I love the quilt idea! I don't quilt, but now I want to get more t-shirts too! I have to admit a strange sense of pride when I wear my tee. I only wear it when I need a kick in the pants. I also read your profile (isn''t that creepy?) and we seem to have had the same "aha" moment. I don't want to feel this beat up for the rest of my life either. Kinda brought a tear to my eye to know I wan't alone.

It is the most yucky day outside. Not raining, not snowing, but just loud icy blobbies falling out of the sky. I did the elliptical while watching part of a movie instead of the food network and stretched the old hamstrings since I think part of my hip stuff comes from there.

Talk to all later!

fran
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    MERRY CHRISTMAS LADIES!

I am SOOOOO very happy for you!!!! This is one of my best Christmas presents...to hear about your success! Congratulations!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Okay - now I am getting ready to go workout. I was thinking of putting it off but reading the posts makes me want to get to 5/9 so I can finish at 8/9 *sigh*. This morning has been rough. My laptop is acting up and has me fretting. At least I have DH desktop as a backup. I am off to try week 5 day 1 of C25K on the treadmill. Its too cold/icy to run outside here today. Spring cant come too soon in my book.
  • makeitallsue
    Options
    Okay - now I am getting ready to go workout. I was thinking of putting it off but reading the posts makes me want to get to 5/9 so I can finish at 8/9 *sigh*. This morning has been rough. My laptop is acting up and has me fretting. At least I have DH desktop as a backup. I am off to try week 5 day 1 of C25K on the treadmill. Its too cold/icy to run outside here today. Spring cant come too soon in my book.
    Missou...4/9 as of yesterday, I got that workout in and it felt great! I went 6 miles on the elliptical, my farthest ever at one time since owning it!:bigsmile:

Pinbot...I was just thinking the same thing, I have been lazy this morning, I just finished a bowl of cereal while staring out the window wishing I could get out for a run, there is new snow on the icy roads, so I am going to have to do the inside workout too! The kids are hogging the TV in the living room where I do my exercise dvds, so it's either the elliptical, or a walk with my favorite Pal through our woods...hmmm, maybe I'll do both!:bigsmile:
    I'll check in later...I'm off to exercise..... I'm with you, it would put me at 5/9 also, I missed a day when my grandkids were out this week.
    Hope your laptop is just being fussy this morning... Good Luck on week 5!! You can do it!

Fran, Thanks for your comments, glad to know I'm not alone either...it really helps to know others have felt the same way, makes you know that you are not just having crazy thoughts...:laugh: :laugh:

Snowflakes...I really want to get some snowshoes, I even priced them...but I'm going to get the under 200# pair if I get any:laugh: :laugh: because I will be under 200#'s someday soon....I hope:wink:

Hope everyone has a super day and does something wonderful for their health!
  • fransfit
    Options
    Hi!
    It's my birthday!!
    We are going out to eat at a local restaurant ( a rare occurance) and I have checked the menu ahead of time online to make sure I know what I am going to order. Well, sort of. It's either the broiled salmon or the seafood pasta with a lot of veggies listed in the mix. Their servings are notoriously huge, so if I get the pasta, I definitely have lunch for tomorrow (and maybe even tuesday!) If I get the salmon, I will have a normal serving (that's my standby) but I'm not sure what the sides are, and sometimes they have a potato side that's awesome, but it has buttery goodness that may be hard to resist. It's a toss up at the moment.

I had considered returning to a more vegetarian lifestyle for a while. I was a veg (not vegan) for about a year and a half, but didn't do it too well, and ended up a pudgy carb loaded veg-head. Well, no scratch that. I was a carb-atarian. Potatoes. wheels of cheese, lots of dairy. It wasn't pretty. But now I have rethought it I would like to give it another try for a time and see how it turns out this time. I dunno.

Well, I'm off to get dressed for dinner. Have a great night all.

Peace,
    fran
  • booboogroom
    booboogroom Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Fran:flowerforyou: . Hope you had a wonderful time at the resturant.
  • CathyEld
    Options
    Hi
    i am 40 and I really would like to join you all. I just started ... again... I have two children and two step daughters. My husband is supportive but he also thinks I am okay the way I am. I feel quite different. I really would love to look and feel better.

Cathy