What is your 'go to' healthy snack?

Options
Usually around 8:00 I get munchy for a snack. I normally have veggies or maybe fruit. But I'm getting a bit burned out on that. What's your fave filling snack?

Replies

• jvinmill
    jvinmill Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    VitaTops
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Snacks are my most eaten foods. I go
    for peanut butter and apple or celery. Nuts
    with dried fruit and dark chocolate. Cottage
    cheese and pineapple( sugar free) frozen yogurt.
    Popcorn w/o butter or oil. Granola, Greek yogurt
    with hemp and flax seed. Just a few!
  • stephdg89
    Options
    I like string cheese or granola bars or cashews. Sometimes I do a wholegrain goldfish/cashew mix. It's higher in fat and calories so you have to have around 200 left for the day but it's soooo good and very filling! And for a chip lover it is very satisfying.
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    Cottage cheese and fruit
    Banana and pb2 or almond butter
    tuna salad on lettuce wrap
    Hard boiled egg
    Avacado half filled with salsa
    Celery with nut butter
    Brown rice cake with nut butter and sliced banana
  • dcar974347
    Options
    Fage 2%
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    100 calorie almond snack packs. The cinnamon and sugar almonds are sosososososo good.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hummus and baby carrots. Or Greek yogurt.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Almonds, yogurt or cottage cheese.
  • Ladyeliah
    Ladyeliah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've been eating a lot of strawberries dripped in plain greek yogurt. It's satisfyingly sweet, takes awhile to eat, and is fairly low in calories.
  • theglencoegirl
    theglencoegirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i love these posts!!! such great ideas!! can't wait to find/try vitatops!! yummers!!! and look pretty good for the kids too!!
  • rubyjean24
    Options
    I love making superfood balls - as long as you have a good base, you can put anything in. A good base is dates and almonds, and that's delicious by itself. But I love to add chia seeds, coconut, peanut butter, raw cacao powder or even goji berries. Roll them into balls of about 2cm width, pop them in the freezer and have 1 or 2 when you need to snack.

I also love raisins and raw almonds, hummus and wholegrain crackers. Hope this helped :)
  • theglencoegirl
    theglencoegirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    oh ya!! my fav snack is a tea and homemade muffin!!! oatmeal/bran with a few chocolate chips on top!!
    or twistos and hummus
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    any fruit
  • hlaspecials
    Options
    If you have a craving, you will be looking for fat to satisfy you. A very small handful of almonds works for me.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    wheat thins
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    almonds
    pistachios
    fresh fruit
    carrot and celery sticks
    teddy grahms
  • sweetyedie
    sweetyedie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    "Tribe" garlic humus on a slice of zuchini. Oh and frozen grapes, love those.:love:
  • shanae727
    shanae727 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    string cheese, apples, trader joes sour cream and onion puffs and/or trader joes organic fruit wraps (50 cals).
  • ErinRibbens
    ErinRibbens Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    8 pm? I'd make some popcorn with coconut oil & sea salt. MMM. But if I'm hungry during the day, I tend to go for protein since it's filling, like a hard-boiled egg or a handful of almonds. If I'm just feeling like crunching something I'll eat carrots.
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt is my favourite go to, always hits the spot. Otherwise, I like a piece of fruit paired with a bit of nut butter or cheese.