Tattoos?

Options

Replies

• Dana_gets_fit
    Dana_gets_fit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A great goal for every 20 lbs I lose I can get another tat. I LOVE that idea!!!
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I have 12. Eleven of them are tropical. Also, one inside my lip. :)
  • LadyChay
    Options
    I don't have any and doubt I will ever get one. But I love looking at them on others. Two of my children have tats and they were well thought out and fit them both. I will say I am not a fan of the ankle or foot tats. Women at work will wear the capri's to show off their art, but go overboard with flashy painted long toenails, toe rings and ankle bracelets. That just looks gaudy. The younger women will wear simple flats or sandals without all the other and they look beautiful.
  • Brooke_26
    Brooke_26 Posts: 204
    Options
    I have 12. Eleven of them are tropical. Also, one inside my lip. :)

Wow, one inside your lip....I guess I should stop being a baby then & just get 1... ha ha
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    The only thing that sux about losing weight, is having less canvas for ink.
  • Droope2
    Droope2 Posts: 82
    Options
    I have several, my last was on my left foot. All of them can be covered up if I don't want them to be seen. My hubby has 2 but he won't be getting anymore. (He has diabetes and had a rough time with the last one) He has a Harley Davidson one on his arm, and a pin-up girl on his calf. Both can be seen only when he wants them to.

Do they hurt on your foot? I have heard conflicting stories?

Sorry I don't know why this posted twice, uugghh!
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    57209857736730051_ZNjqGyC1_f.jpg
  • thisisjl
    thisisjl Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I think tattoo's can are a thing of beauty if done properly, I've got some friends who let their friends do their tats and you can tell it was done by someone not so good, I'm not a fan of face, neck or hand/finger tattoos though. I think some tattoos are just offensive and are a turn off but most of the time YUMMY!! I've got 3 myself and I'm in the middle of planning my 4th for when I hit onederland in 14 pounds I have it planned but I have to have an artist draw it up from my sketch yet.
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I have 24 so, I think they are sexy but I don't get them for that reason, most of mine are memorials to family members that have passed, others are just something beautiful to me, I think if it means something to someone then it is beautiful. :flowerforyou:
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Sexy! I have eight and only one of them is in a place where you can see it.
  • totallydevious
    Options
    I have several, my last was on my left foot. All of them can be covered up if I don't want them to be seen. My hubby has 2 but he won't be getting anymore. (He has diabetes and had a rough time with the last one) He has a Harley Davidson one on his arm, and a pin-up girl on his calf. Both can be seen only when he wants them to.

Yes, they hurt on your foot, my most recent one was on the top of my foot, and mind you, I've had my whole chest done and didn't move an inch, along with 22 other ones that didn't really hurt too bad but my foot just nearly killed me, but I'm getting the other one done so I guess I am just crazy. xD
  • JHartmann39
    JHartmann39 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm indifferent until it becomes too much. I usually get a lot of comments on my "NERD" tattoo :-P
  • Droope2
    Options

Yes, they hurt on your foot, my most recent one was on the top of my foot, and mind you, I've had my whole chest done and didn't move an inch, along with 22 other ones that didn't really hurt too bad but my foot just nearly killed me, but I'm getting the other one done so I guess I am just crazy. xD

See I have heard this more than not, in fact the guy who did my tattoo today told me his hurt so bad he had to stop, then my sister in law gets one and tells me "Oh, no it didn't hurt at all" I am sorry but I am having to agree with you, the foot is all bone, how could it not hurt? Although I thought the one behind my ear/neck area today was going to hurt and it didn't bother me one bit.....I think I will have to build up the courage for a foot tattoo LOL
  • Droope2
    Options
    Meh... i can live with them or without.
    Do they hurt?

Depends on your definition of pain...LOL
    Like the arm, it's really cool!
  • PoliticalRN
    PoliticalRN Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    SEXY!!!!
  • Lisseth03
    Lisseth03 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    my personal opinion is that they are sexy AF.
    especially sleeves on guys
  • totallydevious
    Options

See I have heard this more than not, in fact the guy who did my tattoo today told me his hurt so bad he had to stop, then my sister in law gets one and tells me "Oh, no it didn't hurt at all" I am sorry but I am having to agree with you, the foot is all bone, how could it not hurt? Although I thought the one behind my ear/neck area today was going to hurt and it didn't bother me one bit.....I think I will have to build up the courage for a foot tattoo LOL

Haha, it is worth it in the end but I had to stop four times, and on top of that because she couldn't press as hard as normal, some of the color didn't stick so I have to have that one redone. xD
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Tatoos are not my thing but to each his own. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I would caution that if one is in an effort to lose weight, they should wait to get a tatoo until they are at or near their goal. Weight loss and gain can do strange things to body art. Also, if you choose to get a tatoo that identifies a particular individual of interest (boyfriend/girlfriend, etc), I would caution that one should be most certain of the stability of the relationship; it is a huge turn off for a Jeff to have to see a Dave on his girlfriend's body.... :happy:
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It appears that I'm in the minority here, but not a fan at all. Some are obviously worse than others, but still, they look trashy.

When I was a kid, I thought it looked cool to write on my walls. Then I got older and I realized it looked like crap and I wished I could undo it.
  • Halie_Bird
    Options

Haha, it is worth it in the end but I had to stop four times, and on top of that because she couldn't press as hard as normal, some of the color didn't stick so I have to have that one redone. xD

hate to hear this...The one im getting tomorrow is supposed to go across the top of my foot. now I'm crazy nervous!!! the one on the inside of my ankle didn't hurt bad at all. tomorrow's gonna be rough :frown: