Some people are just plain MEAN :(

Options

Replies

• meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    PLease add me. I don't judge or talk politics. We all need motivation or we wouldn't be on here.

I judge anyone who won't talk politics.... :-D
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    It is on you, you make the choices for yourself. Why do you need a cheerleader?

clearly jealous. everyone needs support. i would have given up without the support and motivation i get from people on here!
  • stephirocks2012
    Options
    Everyone needs a cheerleader... including well, CHEERLEADERS ;) add me! I am new to the site but not new to motivating myself and others. I also need and want motivation too :D
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I think it's important to differentiate people who are pointing out the ridiculousness of certain claims versus those who are attacking the individual. A good deal of the snark is directed at the product or diet rather than the person who posted about it. Which of course can't be nice to hear. After all, it's not fun to realize you've been duped by something others find so easy to disprove. Throw in some sarcasm, and it's easy to think it's directed at you. And sometimes it may be, which isn't cool.
  • leejayem
    leejayem Posts: 120 Member
    Options

I guess we're all different, but I DEFINITELY need a cheerleader!!! Of course we all make our own choices, no-one does that for us, but it certainly helps me to have other people on here saying "well done, great food diary today" & the like to help keep me accountable & motivated. You are a very unique person if you can do this fitness journey solo with no "cheerleading" from anyone else - & it begs the question, why on earth are you on this forum????
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I think we all just need to surround ourselves with the friends that work for us..If you need to hear "good job", "way to go" there are people that will do that..Others will tell you that even if you really didn't do as great of a job..others aren't as nurturing but inspire with their weight losses, reaching goals, etc..calling people names really isn't going to solve anything..if you think someone is "mean"...then don't be friends with them..
    The end
    :)

Well said :flowerforyou:
  • RoseAsRose
    Options
    Um - Cheerleaders DO matter! A number of studies have found that people who have friends also trying to lose weight and supporting each other lose more weight - they are able to stick healthy eating better than those that do it solo: http://www.rd.com/health/diet-weight-loss/the-best-way-to-lose-weight/

One example: Researchers at the University of Pennsylvania recruited 166 people to participate in a weight-loss program either alone or with three friends or family members. Among those who embarked on the program with friends, 95 percent completed the program compared to only 76 percent of those who dieted solo. After 10 months, 66 percent of the group dieters had maintained their weight loss compared to only 24 percent of those who were on their own.

If the mean people want to be in the solo club maybe it'll work for them - I Love having motivation - feel free to add me!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

If it's on you, what are you doing here? Why don't you just do it by yourself? If you don't need community (aka "cheerleaders"), LEAVE.

Well aren't you such a nice person and not one of the meanies.. Some people use the site purely for tracking their food from their phone and don't even know about friends or the message board... So they should automatically leave because of that? I don't think so.

Everyone has a purpose for being on this site.. and just because they don't want to be best friends with you and tell you rah rah you can do it bull every damn day, does mean they should leave.

To OP:
    I'm prob. one of the meanies.. I support, but I get annoyed easily.

You ask the same damn question 9 thousand times and clog up my news feed? You are gone.

You don't log in for 30 days? Bye bye.

I'm not going to sit around and pretend that everything is rainbows and sunshine when it's not... and I've got friends on here with that same mindset who I enjoy quite a bit.
  • Zurako
    Zurako Posts: 7
    Options
    That's the reason I am scared to add people. Well it doesn't matter if i add the other part or not but sometimes I need to talk with another person and share my thoughts, maybe support each other. And I'm scared if someone doesn't accept my request just like that and say dumb things to me.
  • BlurtLouder
    BlurtLouder Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    PLease add me. I don't judge or talk politics. We all need motivation or we wouldn't be on here.

I judge anyone who won't talk politics.... :-D

:drinker:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • Athena125
    Athena125 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    So far, everyone has been nice to me! Feel free to add me as a friend. Sorry you have had a bad experience.
  • threeohtwo
    threeohtwo Posts: 153 Member
    Options

Reneelee you are rude. Weight loss isn't just physical. It's emotional as well. The support of my MFP friends is why i'm still here and doing WELL. You can always add me.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Bump.

LOL!!!!! You just had to, right?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to overwhelm the "most recent" list with a bunch of complaining. Wanna help??? :-D
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I was hoping to overwhelm the "most recent" list with a bunch of complaining. Wanna help??? :-D

Wait… What? But what role I’m supposed to play? Am I supposed to be part of offended population or the mean one? I’m confused and I don’t know if I want to commit to a label just yet. Is telling people the truth mean?
  • lckneggs
    Options
    I guess being nice is just too hard for people. It takes way too much effort to think of something nice to say I guess. :devil: :devil:
  • nostripewhite
    nostripewhite Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The OP is just fishing for friends!

I think you're wrong. I think she's fishing for pity.

A thread complaining about people being mean. One person throws out a comment which makes a boat load of sense. So let's all jump on her and call her names. It's not mean, it's justified because she doesn't agree with us.

You need to push yourself before anyone else can motivate you. YOU need to take the responsibilites. What she said is bang on truth.

I suspect a little bit of truth would do us all some good.

Seriously. Grow up. If someone is mean, ignore them. Stop being sensitive and seeking the world to justify your feelings of victimhood.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    The OP is just fishing for friends!

I think you're wrong. I think she's fishing for pity.

A thread complaining about people being mean. One person throws out a comment which makes a boat load of sense. So let's all jump on her and call her names. It's not mean, it's justified because she doesn't agree with us.

You need to push yourself before anyone else can motivate you. YOU need to take the responsibilites. What she said is bang on truth.

I suspect a little bit of truth would do us all some good.

Seriously. Grow up. If someone is mean, ignore them. Stop being sensitive and seeking the world to justify your feelings of victimhood.

Hahahahaa! Get out of my head! You took the words right out of my mouth.
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    OP has deactivated their account?