How often does everyone weigh themselves?

Options
I started weighing myself once a week in the afternoon (after work) but didn't think this was right. What does everyone else do?

Replies

• Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Every Monday morning as soon as i wake up.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    A few times a day. My weight is weird it fluctuates a lot and I'll go for a month without really losing any and then I lose like 8lb in one week. It's good I guess but kinda alarming. I suppose it can't really do any harm though.
  • ironmule42
    Options
    Every Sunday morning when I get up.

There is no right time. Although weighing your self at the same time of day each time helps. I also would recommend to not weigh yourself too often since weight can fluctuate from one day to the next and can be disheartening on the days it goes up, even if only 1/2 a pound. Most people I know weigh in once a week.
  • tas3980
    tas3980 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Every Friday (it's the start of my weekend) morning when I wake up... although I do check on progress throughout the week, from time to time, to make sure what I am doing is working :smile:
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every other Saturday, and I don't weigh myself during TOM, I skip that week.
  • 1jlazymom
    1jlazymom Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    always first thing in the morning and usually Mondays unless I forget which happened this week so I will weigh in next Monday.
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    Preliminary weigh-in Thursday morning, official weigh in Friday morning. :laugh:
  • ElPatoLoco
    ElPatoLoco Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning around the same time... after I've been through the morning routine, simply to give myself a continuous point of reference.

I've been told by some that you "shouldn't" weigh yourself every day and I understand that some of the weight loss clubs are obsessive about telling people to only weigh once a week... but I'm an engineer and a bit obsessive about numbers and graphs ;)

I don't think it's a bad thing to weigh yourself every day unless it develops into a disorder and don't forget, depending on your scales they can fluctuate considerably so it should never be more than a general guide to how you're doing whether it's once a day or once a week.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I usually try to weight myslef every 2 weeks or as close to that time period as I can. I don't weight myself weekly, first because my scale is all messed up so I have to go to a farmacy to do it and second because I like to wait as long as possible so I can see actual numbers that I can be proud of.
  • jenmilne12
    Options
    Didn't think of that, wondering now if thats why I feel even more disheartened during that particular week x
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Every day before I shower. I have to have the scales in the exact same place on the floor, I strip naked and then weigh 3 times and take the average (my scales usually vary by 0.25-0.5lb each time). :)
  • LaurennJune
    LaurennJune Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Every day before I shower. I have to have the scales in the exact same place on the floor, I strip naked and then weigh 3 times and take the average (my scales usually vary by 0.25-0.5lb each time). :)

I'm exactly the same!
  • janemem
    janemem Posts: 575 Member
    Options

I'm exactly the same!

Lol, I thought I was the only one who was so anal about it. :laugh: :drinker:
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Every day, first thing in the morning and last thing at night. I like to watch the fluctuations - they don't dishearten me.
  • heddy90
    heddy90 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I do it once a week, every friday morning. I like it better when I can see a relatively big number loss, instead of tiny ones, or no loss, from day to day. And there can be so many reasons why it changes from day to day, which doesn't need to be about fat loss/gain.
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I only get weighed at the docs, no stressing it it here.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I started weighing myself once a week in the afternoon (after work) but didn't think this was right. What does everyone else do?

Sundays, usually like 1-2 hours after waking up.
  • kimbertop
    kimbertop Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have an official weigh in at 6pm on Thursday of every week at my weight loss support group. Other than that, I do not weigh myself because it could easily become an obsession for me. I know that the majority of the time the scale will reflect whether I made positive or negative choices throughout the week.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Every morning when I wake-up. Unless I'm feeling overly bloated, then I give myself a break. Weight usually fluctuates a pound so I sort of take an average of the week and go with that number; or if I have multiple days at the same weight I log that one.
  • christinacrisfield
    christinacrisfield Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Saturday morning right after I get up.