How often does everyone weigh themselves?

Options

Replies

• dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    First day of each month first thing in the morning.
  • nessagrace22
    nessagrace22 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh in every Sunday using the gym scales but recently started the Dukan diet so weigh myself every morning before breakfast. Helps to keep me motivated when I can see the changes.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week on a Wednesday first thing in the morning before work. I would like to leave it longer, but I want to see want to see! lol.
  • deirdre60302
    deirdre60302 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My fitness trainer has me weighing myself on the days when I do weightlifting - 3 days per week. We record once a week - Monday morning before our session.
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Daily or sometimes more often!
  • emmamiso5
    Options
    I had a scale like that and got a way more accurate one and it was so worth it! Weight daily so that a good scale helps so the extreme fluctuations are undermining!
  • dlminnerjr
    Options
    I shoot for every Sunday morning before I eat or get the day started
  • mybuddysgirl
    mybuddysgirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I generally weigh myself every morning when i wake after I use the bathroom and before I am ready to jump in the shower. However I try to only log my weight once a week for accurate reporting.
  • gibsy
    gibsy Posts: 112
    Options
    I've been doing it immediately before and after my Thursday evening aquafit class. After is always 1-2 pounds lighter than before but I do both just because it's interesting to see the difference a bit of sweat can make. I only consider the after class weight to count. I'd do mornings because that's supposed to be the best time, but I don't have a scale at home and I'm not sure if I want one.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Once a week, usually in the late evening. Probably not the best time because that's when you're heaviest, but that's when I usually go to the doctor, so I won't feel so bad when I see the scale there :/ lol. I don't think it matters when you weigh yourself during the day, as long as it is consistent each time you weigh yourself. I.e. like don't weigh yourself one week in the morning and the next in the evening, or vice versa. Either stick with weighing yourself in the morning or at night.
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Definitely 1st thing in the morning. I like weighing in once a day (or at least 5x/week) because it has formed a habit, and it reminds me early on in the day that I need to watch what I eat and how much I exercise! I think if you have fewer than 30lbs to lose, it'll be harder to tell a difference day to day, but when I had 150+lbs to lose, it was gratifying to see the .5lbs down/day and really kept me going! Good luck!
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Every 5 min. Ok kidding more like every morning but trying to break that habit and change it to once a week.
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    generally its monday mornings after I shower. if I have been extra good during the week I may check once or so but not within 2 days of cheating. So everything kind of evens out. If i am at work on Sundays I check there too as no one works then so its safe. I think its a more accurate scale than mine.

I forget who posted it but I chuckled when I saw the person who is on the dunkin diet. I have not heard of that and my only and immediate thought was I could do the dunkin diet where I live cause there is a DD (dunkin doughnuts) on every corner. I am sure that is not the same thing so I will google it to see what the postee was referring to.
  • cjbester
    cjbester Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh every 2 weeks.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I've always been a once a week weigher... but ever since I got the Aria scale I can't stay off the stupid thing :ohwell:
    Now I weigh every morning.. about 30 min after wakeup.
  • elew88
    elew88 Posts: 1
    Options
    Every Monday evening but I think I will switch to morning.
  • asyle
    asyle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tend to obsess over the scale, so I usually check it every morning, but I only adjust my MFP progress on Wednesday mornings. Weighing myself every morning helps me to track when I'm retaining water/bloated/etc, though, which is helpful. :-)
  • Cms5227
    Cms5227 Posts: 13
    Options
    The most important thing about weighing yourself is not frequency, it's consistency. I weigh myself about 3 times a day. That has given me an understanding about my body, about the water retention, about the results of what and when I eat. I understand however, that those numbers will vary greatly throughout the day depending on what and when I eat. I never worry about whether I weigh 2 pounds more in the afternoon than I did that morning. I look at the data at the end of the week and follow the trends. What is important is that you are CONSISTENT in your weigh ins and how you choose to do so. Gym scales are used so often that they can vary up to 4 pounds. Choose when you want to weigh, how you want to track your weight and do it on the same scale every time. I CANNOT stress this enough though, do not obsess too much about the numbers on the scale. If you are working out a lot, your body is going to store your calories in your muscles. That will make you look hot, without seeing much decline on the scale.
  • lcleve1993
    Options
    I agree. I weigh myself every morning right before my shower. Keeps me in check of what I need to do for the day.
  • msstuard
    msstuard Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    every day when I get out of my morning shower, just for reference. I record every Sunday after my morning shower.