How often does everyone weigh themselves?

Options

Replies

• jenmilne12
    Options
    Why would too much sodium make you gain weight?
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    this sounds weird but once a week in the mornings after a BM but before I eat shrug that is what my doc said to do
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    water weight??
  • frenzytime517
    frenzytime517 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I started weighing myself once a week in the afternoon (after work) but didn't think this was right. What does everyone else do?

The best time to weigh your self is first thing in the morning before you eat or drink anything. If you weight than the food or drink you have consumed will make your weight a little more than you really are. Best of luck!
  • emotionalharlequin
    Options
    Do it once every week (or once every two weeks if you have less than 15lbs to lose), in the morning just as soon as you wake up but after you do to the toilet. Also, make sure you've had adequate sleep - sometimes I find I feel and look incredibly sluggish if I've had less than 5-6 hours of sleep.

Using a measuring tape, I measure my bust/waist/hips every Friday morning after I wake up.
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Why would too much sodium make you gain weight?

Water retention
  • thinlizzy525
    Options
    I weigh myself every Sunday morning right after i wake up and use the potty lol
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    every monday morning as SOON as i get up!!!!!!!!!!
  • kimmieey
    kimmieey Posts: 87
    Options
    Every Sunday morning. After going to the bathroom, before eating.
  • MisterGoodBar
    MisterGoodBar Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    every Sunday
  • Tui_Fan
    Tui_Fan Posts: 10
    Options
    Every Friday morning, first thing
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning on days I remember :wink:
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    Every morning first thing. I curse when I see my weight go up, but don't sweat it since I have really seen it fluctuate wildly. I just watch the trend of it going down overall.
  • jujewelss
    Options
    Whenever I go to the mall :D >.> My weight scale broke and I haven't bought a new one yet. The one the mall has charges me a dollar but it tells me my body fat percentage too. I wish I could weigh myself once a week, but once a month will do.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    Weigh myself every morning after I wake up and after I use the potty room.
    I record it twice a month on here.
    Every few days on my own personal excel sheet.
  • opuntia
    opuntia Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I don't have a scale, but there is a scale at the gym I go to, so I weigh myself there. Not every time I'm there though - just when it occurs to me. Maybe once or twice a week. I like to see if my weight is changing or staying the same.
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Usually every 2 weeks in the morning right after my shower :)
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week on Saturday mornings.
  • StevenV84
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week, every Friday morning, under the exact same conditions. I wake up, eat breakfast, work out, go to the bathroom (every ounce counts lol), strip down and weigh myself before I get in the shower. I find that the consistency puts me at ease and lets me know exactly what I have lost. I would never weigh myself more than once a week though.
  • MD1978
    MD1978 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily...just an obsession:smile: But my Official MFP weigh in day is the 25th of the month.