Doctor Visit Full of NSVs ~ :)

Options

Replies

• Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely fantastic!!!! Great job!!!!!! You should be So proud!!!!!
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I too had a recent Dr. visit full of NSVs. I had my first physical in two years last week and got my blood work results back yesterday. Everything looked far better than in years! I am so excited.

Keep up the good work, you can lose the rest of that weight. We'll look for you on the talk shows. :)
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job well done! You've earned the right to wear your "goofy smile"...proudly!!! Keep up the great work!:smile:
  • family_girl2626
    Options
    Please dont apologize for rambling as many, including myself are inspired by the story,,,,,,the whole story. Congrats on your amazing success and also to your further successes. It goes to show that we can all do it when the time and attitude is right. This was your time. Keep up the good work. :smile:
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!!
  • KAA1982
    KAA1982 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You weren't rambling, you were sharing an amazing success story! Something you are very much entitled to after what you have accomplished so far. Way to go proving your doctor wrong, and turning your health around!

Keep it up!!!
  • gaj87
    gaj87 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You have to be feeling on top of the world right now. Congratulations and keep up the good work.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You ramble away! You deserve to be proud. And way to go by treating yourself to some exercise and not a tasty treat. I would've had a sweet snack and bought myself something from Kohl's with a doctor's appt like that!!

Wooo Hooo! Keep up the hard work.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    They should print out your post and hand that out instead of the bypass leaflet! Very well done!!:drinker:
  • picassoadagio
    picassoadagio Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Love these kinds of stories! They are very inspirational!!!
  • smalleyez06
    smalleyez06 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love the fact that you came home and put on your work out clothes and hit the track. I have had several doc apts watching my weight recently and my thyroid medicine but I am hoping to amaze him in Oct with some nice numbers as well. I am not on others meds but he too brought up gastric bypass when I went on a tangent about weight loss and that is what sparked me too. He has actually been very supportive and almost a shrink for me at times.
    Great job on the weight loss and in 6 months I hope you are off even more meds!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    congratulations on all of your success!!! I wish you only the best in the rest of your journey!
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    great job!!! That is something to be so proud of!
  • mynewvision
    Options
    High Five! :smile:
  • alesi_79
    alesi_79 Posts: 23
    Options
    That is wonderful!!!! Congratulations and keep up with the great job...because it's definitely worth it!!!!! Congrats again!!!
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Amazing! And great job sticking it to the man. I once had a doctor that kept trying to shove diet pills down my throat when I just wanted a referral to a nutritionist.
  • lovekohl
    lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    WTG! Very inspirational!
  • dawndw
    dawndw Posts: 203
    Options
    so, i went to see my doctor today. i was so nervous, because for every visit last year she printed me out information for gastric bypass surgery - suggesting that it was my only recourse to lose weight at this point in my life. i was taking two blood pressure meds, a heart med (for palpitations) and a daily preventative inhaler for asthma, as well as having sleep apnea and sleeping with a cpap machine. oh - and i weighed 299 pounds. i saw her in january and she gave me the surgery information again. this time, it kind of sparked something in me - the desire to prove her wrong!! LOL. i decided to truly give better eating and exercise a try - to see if i could lose weight on my own.

at today's appointment, i am officially 68 pounds down since january. i am off the preventative asthma inhaler and will only have a rescue inhaler, i am cutting the heart med dose in half with the hopes of getting rid of it altogether and she told me that in another six months i should be retested to see if i can get rid of the cpap machine. my bmi went from 51.9 to 40 (*almost* to the point where i wouldn't even qualify for surgery!!). she told me that my progress was "quite remarkable", "talk show worthy" and that i was her most "successful patient" ~ that none of her patients had ever lost that much through diet and exercise before.

can you see my goofy smile in these words?? to celebrate, i came home, changed into my w.o. clothes and hit the track!! :) ~ i apologize for rambling, but i wanted to post this because i wish i could have read something like it six months ago to motivate me! thanks for humoring this gigantic post - and thanks to you all for motivating me each and every day i log on! :):flowerforyou:

This is and should be inspiration for us all. I thank you for sharing your success story with us :-) and Goofy Smiles are what makes life fun!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!