Doctor Visit Full of NSVs ~ :)

Options
Jweb8969
Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
so, i went to see my doctor today. i was so nervous, because for every visit last year she printed me out information for gastric bypass surgery - suggesting that it was my only recourse to lose weight at this point in my life. i was taking two blood pressure meds, a heart med (for palpitations) and a daily preventative inhaler for asthma, as well as having sleep apnea and sleeping with a cpap machine. oh - and i weighed 299 pounds. i saw her in january and she gave me the surgery information again. this time, it kind of sparked something in me - the desire to prove her wrong!! LOL. i decided to truly give better eating and exercise a try - to see if i could lose weight on my own.

at today's appointment, i am officially 68 pounds down since january. i am off the preventative asthma inhaler and will only have a rescue inhaler, i am cutting the heart med dose in half with the hopes of getting rid of it altogether and she told me that in another six months i should be retested to see if i can get rid of the cpap machine. my bmi went from 51.9 to 40 (*almost* to the point where i wouldn't even qualify for surgery!!). she told me that my progress was "quite remarkable", "talk show worthy" and that i was her most "successful patient" ~ that none of her patients had ever lost that much through diet and exercise before.

can you see my goofy smile in these words?? to celebrate, i came home, changed into my w.o. clothes and hit the track!! :) ~ i apologize for rambling, but i wanted to post this because i wish i could have read something like it six months ago to motivate me! thanks for humoring this gigantic post - and thanks to you all for motivating me each and every day i log on! :):flowerforyou:

Replies

• jeet1966
    jeet1966 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am sharing your goofy smile.
  • tawnysmom
    tawnysmom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow! Nice work - and what a great way to celebrate. You go, girl!
  • becsnz1
    becsnz1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    YOU are AWESOME!!!! Thank you for your inspiring motivating post and keep on doing what you're doing. Well done!!! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • bohonomad
    bohonomad Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I too just came from a dr appt to find I don't have high blood pressure anymore and the doctor gave me the okay to go off my heart meds! They think my heart problems are from anxiety but it has been getting better as I've lost weight and I think it makes a HUGE difference. . Congrats! Isn't it great sticking it to the doctors?
  • Jweb8969
    Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    thanks so much, everyone - and YESSSSS - there was a certain (maybe demented) satisfaction in proving i could do it on my own and proving the dr. wrong!! hahahahaha ~ YEAH!! :)
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    WTG you are doing and what a great NSV story
  • Shannota
    Shannota Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Congrats...that is fantastic!
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Awesome news!!!!! Congratulations!!!! Keep up the great work!
  • dobielover1
    Options
    You should be so proud of yourself! I hope that one day I'll be able to post a similar story!!
  • JessicaPiche89
    JessicaPiche89 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Way to go! :)
  • Claire594
    Claire594 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    What a truly truly inspirational story. You should have that big smile on your face. You have done amazing. Well done xx
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep it up! :bigsmile:
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Truly inspiring! Great work!!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Rock the goofy smile and the good feeling high because that's AMAZING!! Congratulations on all your hard work and on proving her wrong and in the process, not only making yourself feel great, but really turning the direction of your health into a better, smaller and HEALTHIER you!!
  • joylovesjose
    joylovesjose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just wonderful. Absolutely WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Best NSV story I think I have ever read. Congratulations!
  • macantrell
    macantrell Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    So awesome, congratulations!
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Go you!! That is wonderful!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • lunchlady1208
    Options
    Way to go!!! That is so awesome!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!