Doctor Visit Full of NSVs ~ :)

Options

Replies

• YOLANDAWICKS
    Options
    Thats a great story......keep up the good work by the way how did you so it?
  • moyanna
    moyanna Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's incredible news. You've worked hard and it has paid off. Keep pushing forward and I'm sure your rewards will be even greater!!!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome, congrats! It feels amazing doesn't it!!!
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I love these stories. It encourages me. I can't wait until I have dropped 65 pounds so I can show off at the doctor's office!
  • kimmraderie
    Options
    SO inspiring! Kudos to YOU! YOU SHOWED HER!
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    do not apologize for your success! that is AWESOME!!! keep it up and soon you will be in the healthy bmi :)

i'm smiling along with you!
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you!! Keep up the great progress.
  • QuirkyPanda
    QuirkyPanda Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    How incredible! Congratulations! Keep it up. :)
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    thanks so much, everyone - and YESSSSS - there was a certain (maybe demented) satisfaction in proving i could do it on my own and proving the dr. wrong!! hahahahaha ~ YEAH!! :)

Nothing demented about it !!!! Your doc is the demented one, thinking that you couldn't do it !!!

HA!
  • glamouritz64
    glamouritz64 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    so, i went to see my doctor today. i was so nervous, because for every visit last year she printed me out information for gastric bypass surgery - suggesting that it was my only recourse to lose weight at this point in my life. i was taking two blood pressure meds, a heart med (for palpitations) and a daily preventative inhaler for asthma, as well as having sleep apnea and sleeping with a cpap machine. oh - and i weighed 299 pounds. i saw her in january and she gave me the surgery information again. this time, it kind of sparked something in me - the desire to prove her wrong!! LOL. i decided to truly give better eating and exercise a try - to see if i could lose weight on my own.

at today's appointment, i am officially 68 pounds down since january. i am off the preventative asthma inhaler and will only have a rescue inhaler, i am cutting the heart med dose in half with the hopes of getting rid of it altogether and she told me that in another six months i should be retested to see if i can get rid of the cpap machine. my bmi went from 51.9 to 40 (*almost* to the point where i wouldn't even qualify for surgery!!). she told me that my progress was "quite remarkable", "talk show worthy" and that i was her most "successful patient" ~ that none of her patients had ever lost that much through diet and exercise before.

can you see my goofy smile in these words?? to celebrate, i came home, changed into my w.o. clothes and hit the track!! :) ~ i apologize for rambling, but i wanted to post this because i wish i could have read something like it six months ago to motivate me! thanks for humoring this gigantic post - and thanks to you all for motivating me each and every day i log on! :):flowerforyou:

Ramble on, honnnnaaaaayyyyy!!!! That is FANTASTIC news!!! CONGRATULATIONS, and you are an inspiration. Keep it up!
  • ElleBee615
    ElleBee615 Posts: 177
    Options
    AWESOMENESS!!!!

You go girl!!! :smile:
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    Yup. Brought a tear to my eye and reminded me of a couple doctor visits. I AM off my cpap now, my doctor said I'd cured myself. Isn't in an amazing feeling to stun your doctors?! My next stunned doctor will be next Tuesday. My OB/GYN told me last year that I would never be able to have children. I've lost almost 100 lbs total since then. Actually, I lack 2/10 of a pound having lost 100 since then. Whenever I've felt like giving up, I see her standing in front of me telling me I'll never have a child. Makes me set my jaw and keep going every single time. You are an inspiration. I don't know you but am SO happy for you. I kinda know what you're feeling and IT IS AWESOME.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    Tingly feelings! yay - well done you!!
  • annasara21
    annasara21 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing! It's always really inspiring when people post before and after pics but they don't do justice to the awesome health benefits that come from losing weight. Well done you.
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    That is great! good work! good for you! keep it up!! :)
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Congratulations..thats awesome!! :)
  • kayakinggrrl
    kayakinggrrl Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    That is absolutely, unequivocally FANTASTIC!!!! And extra kudos for celebrating with exercise! Please post again when you have your next follow up visit and your doctor falls down to the floor in disbelief! way to go!!!!!!!!!!
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Great job! You are a great inspiration. It's wonderful to hear you could make this journey for yourself and feel so good. Keep it up!
  • jimgatewood
    jimgatewood Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    WOW! I have so much respect for you and what you are accomplishing. YOU ARE TRULY CURING YOURSELF!

21604338.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    brilliant! great news and well done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!