Replies

• ShrinkMeQuickly
    ShrinkMeQuickly Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow! that's magnificent! well done! Sx
  • anorangie
    anorangie Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting; I LOVE to hear experiences like yours. I am so happy for you, that your health is improving so much.

One of my goals is to reduce diabetes and heart disease risk (because of family history and all), and your progress is truly inspiring to me. There is hope!

:flowerforyou:
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    dc05_awesomesauce_hot_sauce.jpg
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    WTG!!

I hate when the Drs suggest weight loss surgery as the save all. I had gastric sleeve done. I lost my weight, but after two years your hunger comes back the the lbs do too. I try to tell people that are thinking about WLS, if you don't learn the habits of healthy eating and regular exercise, you will be right back to your old habits and the weight will return.

You are amazing! I wish I could have been as strong as you in the begining and not put my health at risk with surgery.
  • unlocke
    unlocke Posts: 149
    Options
    That is fantastic!! My husband did the same thing after losing 60 lbs. He was able to completely come off of blood pressure meds and ulcer meds.
    I know you must be so proud of yourself. Just imagine how it's gonna feel to be able to come off ALL the meds! :smile:
  • amymichelle1226
    amymichelle1226 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That's really amazing! You should be proud :) Way to go! Keep it up!
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Sitting here smiling like a loon for you - Congrats on some great NSV's
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    this makes me smile!! :-) Good work!
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Rock the goofy smile and the good feeling high because that's AMAZING!! Congratulations on all your hard work and on proving her wrong and in the process, not only making yourself feel great, but really turning the direction of your health into a better, smaller and HEALTHIER you!!

like.... congrats! isn't life wonderful? Add me if you like:wink::flowerforyou:

Carol
  • Hikaru001
    Options
    Yeaah, I did a goofy clap in front of my computer screen. It's moments like these that make it all worth it..... oh and looking darn good in your clothes too!
  • LuLuSUPER
    LuLuSUPER Posts: 189
    Options
    big ol' goofy smile over here for you too!!!!!

AWESOME WORK !!!!!

Best part of all this is your are so much healthier, that is the real goal. everything else is cosmetic. :wink:
  • DMarieLVT
    DMarieLVT Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    That's AMAZING! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I am sharing your smile and cheering you on!!!
  • lisaishotpink
    Options
    That is a great thing to be proud of! Keep up the great work, and you will get off those meds!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    It's so weird how I can be RIDICULOUSLY PROUD of a complete stranger, but there ya go! Soooo effing pround of you! Keep it up! And you got the right idea, you should always reward a victory with MORE exercise, not food! Good for you! <3<3
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    How fantastic! You are amazing and I love the way you celebrate!

I am going to show your post to my husband. He was diagnosed with sleep apnea last year and I keep telling him that maybe he can go off the CPAP machine if he'd just lose weight (he carries so much of it on his neck). He always says, "No, probably not." My eyeballs burst into flame because you'd think that after ignoring me for years about the apnea in the first place, he'd realize not to doubt me. :tongue:

You are going to be my poster girl for the "jump on the treadmill" talk.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Wow, amazing story and good job for committing to leading a healthier lifestyle. Great progress!
  • michellelhartwig
    michellelhartwig Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!!!! I am sharing a big goofy smile with you!!!!
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    ...it kind of sparked something in me - the desire to prove her wrong!!

Revenge, a dish that should always be served cold. Works pretty well too.
  • denise032
    denise032 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    wtg!!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!