The retrospective: 'I can't believe I used to eat that'

Options

Replies

• Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it anymore but my husband and i use to go to Panda Express ALL THE TIME:

2 entrees: 1/2 fried rice, 1/2 chow mein, orange chicken, honey walnut shrimp

1300 Calories
    41.5g Protein
    63g Fat
    143.5g Carbs
    2030mg Sodium
    Calories from Fat 560
    Saturated Fat 560g
    Total Cholesterol 280mg
    Dietary Fiber 4.5g
    Sugars 32.5

NEVER AGAIN!!!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I'd easily get 2000kcals at McNothing and that was one meal. No wonder I porked up to my lovely obese current state.
  • Krisstah
    Krisstah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Oh man.. before MFP, my over eating was way out of control. Here in eastern canada we have something called a donair, its made with ground beef in sliced on pita bread and topped with a creamy garlic sauce, at first i only used to order one with extra meat but that soon escalated into two large donairs with extra meat..

so we are looking at probably 2000+ calories for just one meal... ontop of everything else i ate that day.. chips, chocolate, my lunch and anything i could put into my mouth at work after serving meals to the residents at the nursing home i worked at. =/ Le sigh.
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    Double cheeseburger meal

Calories 980 Cholesterol 80mg (26%) Protein 33g
    Calories from Fat 320 Sodium 1620mg (67%) Vitamin A 550IU (10%)
    Total Fat 36g (56%) Total Carbs 131g (44%) Vitamin C 6mg (10%)
    Saturated Fat 13g (64%) Dietary Fiber 6g (25%) Calcium 400mg (40%)
    Trans Fat 1.5g Sugars 50g Iron 6mg (35%)
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    I used to eat about half a box (small, not family size) of cereal with pasteurized milk daily... no wonder I had gas all the time, lol!!
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    It's not an eat per say..its a drink.. diet soda. Once I learned the yuck in that stuff... I'm strictly a water girl now :) with lemon or oranges..Don't miss it a bit!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    This is really interesting for three reasons.

One- I think a lot of you might be american as I've never heard of half the things you're eating (I *really* don't want to know what a sausage biscuit is- sounds awful!)

Oh, honey...a sausage biscuit is heaven on a plate. Especially if you add sausage gravy to it. Or just mustard. Down here in the south, it's not breakfast unless there is some type of pork fat. And butter. It's been really difficult for me to adjust to eating non-salty-carby stuff like yogurt and oatmeal for breakfast.

:laugh: Ahhh... Sausage biscuits with mustard are UNBEATABLE! Omg... my mouth drools just thinking about it. lol
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I used to make 'pork lo mein' by frying 1lb of pork sausage, adding 2 packages of ramen noodles with the seasoning packets ( I mean sodium bombs1) and 1 bag of shredded cabbage.
    I'd eat half of it. Blechhh, now I can't even stand the thought of it.

Tater tot casserole made with hamburger, 1 1/2 bags of tots and a large can of Campbells mushroom soup. Full of fat and salt!

As far as fast food, I loved Wendy's spicy chicken, a medium fry and a chocolate shake. I still don't know the calories or sodium but I'm sure they are horrendous!

My fav. 'fast' food was Chilis regular size rack of ribs. I think it's about 3,000 calories. I wouldn't eat all of it but I'd finish it the next day.
  • DappledPalomino
    Options
    My favorite was always Zaxbies. I'd probably get this two or three times a week for dinner after work (I worked a full time and part time job and got very lazy!)

KICKIN' CHICKEN SANDWICH MEAL (includes fries, bottled water)
    --calories 1065
    --fat 57

This is essentially my entire calories for the day now and I didn't even exercise more than walking around work back then! This would be a dinner following a convenience breakfast of pop tarts or something similar, usually an easy meal of some lunch-meat sandwich with cheese and mayo and a lil bag o chips.

I've dropped 20lb's since those days and never want to go back. I was so tired, sluggish and never felt good! What a world of difference! I now keep a protein bar in my purse in case i'm running low on fuel!
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Everyone in my family loves Friendly's restaurants.

I would either have the Honey BBQ Chicken supermelt (1500 calories with fries) or Chicken & Cheese Quesadillas (1250 calories). That did not include the Coke to drink.

Any you know it's not a trip to Friendly's unless you have a sundae.
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I used to drink Nesquik's chocolate powder (I would put abut 4 or 5 full tablespoons!) blended with milk and I used to add lots of cinnamon powder to it too. I could drink 2 or 3 a day and I can only be glad that I didn't have diabetes or heart problems.

And I would finish a full box of cereal in 2, 3 days.
  • msstuard
    msstuard Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Those god-awful rice cake things.

yuk! my wife used to buy those. I hate them.
  • jzaz903
    jzaz903 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Heh. I work at Dunkin donuts. So most days...

Plain bagel with cream cheese
    Iced caramel coffee with skim milk(at least two, usually more)
    And then I would snack on about 8 munchkins. Because eating 8 munchkins is better than a whole real donut.

1310 calories!
    And usually more, if I had more munchkins or another coffee.

Yeah.. Now I bring my own oatmeal, Greek yogurt, and snack on a banana. And only drink water, because I can't trust myself to get just skim and sweet and low in my coffee.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    When I was a poor college student I used to live off Wendys and Pizza Hut. Now I can see why I was so fat in college.
  • libragirl923
    Options
    My Meal was

Mc Donald's

Double Quarter Pounder w/cheese
    Super Sized Fries
    2 Double Cheese Burgers
    Large diet (To balance it? Denial at it's best)

Total Calories: 2224
    Total Fat : 120g
    Saturated Fat: 45g
    Sodium: 4023 mg
    Total Carbs: 185g

This was at least 3-4 times weekly sometimes even twice a day. Since I started using this web site I have not even consumed this many calories in one day, I stick with 1400 daily and plan to increase in about a month or so and get up to about 2000 a day as I build up my endurance to go with extended exercising.
  • deaddivya
    deaddivya Posts: 102
    Options
    About half a year ago, a normal evening meal consisted of (at least) one bag of Zweifel Paprika Chips, a bag of popcorn and a container of kinder chocolate.
    Which is 1980 calories... and really disgusting.
  • laurakdp
    laurakdp Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I was JUST saying to my husband "I used to eat almost a whole row of oreos with milk"! Tonight (after burning 1000 calories exercising today) I had 4 Earth Fare Organic Vanilla Sandwich cookies and almost barfed! haha
  • taziarj
    taziarj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Around here we have a fried chicken place called Lee's Famous Recipe. Every Wednesday they have a special; three piece chicken dinner for $3.99. Great Deal! My usual consisted of three thighs extra crispy, a side of potato wedges, a side of mashed potatoes with gravy and a biscuit. I had this fairly regularly, but not weekly by any means.

Calories : 1718
    Calories from Fat : 1652
    Fat: 105g
    Sodium: 4012mg
    Carbohydrates: 102g
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Bleh... used to be terrible with fast food....

This is what I would get at sonics: super sonic cheeseburger, large tater tots, and a large cherry coke .... for a grand total of 2070 calories...... BLEH!!!!!
  • sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    My downfall was college...go out on the weekend drinking and dancing, then stop at Jim's Steakout for a Chicken Finger Sub meal. Yup...no calorie information on that but I would eat a whole one plus fries at 2, 3 AM. I was never big on fast food...especially not McDonald's just driving by one has always made me want to throw up!

My other downfall was not knowing I was allergic to dairy. Once I knew and cut that out, so many things were better!!!