Anyone on this site in their 40's or 50's.

Options

Replies

• littlebitsilly
    Options
    Hi , I am almost 49. I have struggled with losing weight for the last five years with no results. I gain the same 20 pounds back and forth. I went to the Dr. this week to have all blood work done and see if I can figure out why I can not lose weight. Age, I'm sure. Eating habits doesn't seem to affect gaining or losing. I eat very healthy most of the time anyway. I am trying a prescription diet pill because I feel like I've just been beating my head up against a wall. Will post weekly what I lose. I am trying to follow a 1200 calorie diet but for me eating three meals and two snacks a day is very hard. Can't find time to eat that many times. I am trying really hard right now and go back to Dr. in month to see if pills are helping. Good luck and hang in there.
  • lynnldt
    lynnldt Posts: 2
    Options
    A bit older than that! almost 60, It's amazing how as you get older the weight doesn't fall off as easy! I am new to myfitnesspal, need to get motivated and moving.
  • sisyoli
    sisyoli Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi susan...so do I...I have health issues and I did a "Walk a mile on demand in the living room and the next day dropped two pounds...It is slow but I am finally excited to see some result.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Turned 50 last December and have been on this site since the beginning of 2011.
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    51 here about to turn 52 woohoo!!! Loving it!!! I've been using this program since January of this year and it has really really helped me, not losing as fast now but I am finally 24 lbs from my goal weight so expected that. I have had tremendous support on here that has helped me stay focused. Add me as friend will be glad to encourage and support you.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    45 and desperately hanging on.
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    4 (cough, cough, mumble)1 here :grumble:
  • kyoung_home
    kyoung_home Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    41... Started less then two (2) weeks ago and lost 6 lbs already!
  • nsmith6325
    Options
    46 here and there are forum groups for both 40's and 50's age brackets you can check out. Search the foums and you can find some people with similar interests and objectives. Feel free to add me if you like as well.
  • denisemc12
    Options
    I'll be 48 Tuesday, so feel free to add me!
  • FHOLMESVAN
    Options
    Hi - I am 51 yrs old from Mississippi. The more friends the better!!!:laugh:
  • becca1612
    Options
    I am 42 and struggling. I could use some support and also provide support!
  • LindaIsbell708
    Options
    I'm 54 and just starting using this program. Let's do this together. :smile:
  • kritik
    kritik Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 42!! Feel free to add me! I think I'm a pretty positive person and love to motivate others on this journey!!
  • SueGlazier
    SueGlazier Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Age 44. Been with MFP for about 2 weeks. Anyone can add me if you like. Happy to give and recieve all the encouragement/motivation/support I can. :-) xx
  • blessedindeed
    blessedindeed Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I will be 43 in 43 days! Add me if you like!
  • NettyIOM
    NettyIOM Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    40 in 2 weeks!! :(
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    48...wow, it hurts worse to write it than say it!
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    46 here and really wishing my body were as it was in my 30's when it was so much easier to lose.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    48...wow, it hurts worse to write it than say it!

I totally agree! We try and forget it don't we, lol.