Things you LOVE seeing in the gym

Options

Replies

• mcarras1
    Options
    1) i love seeing the overweight people, same as everyone else. There is one guy who goes to the gym as much as i do and we have created an almost unspoken friendship of waves/good mornings which are always inspiring

2) I also love seeing the elderly working out, even moderately. it's important to know that healthly living is important to everyone

3) being an athlete myself, i love seeing other, better female athletes i can use as role models and inspiration
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    someone doing something besides chest on monday

Damn, I just realized I'm one of those... I do it because I start my second job of the day earlier on Mon so I only have about 30-45 min in the gym and I can get chest done the quickest... Is that why I can never get a flat bench when it's time to do my presses?! :indifferent:

I like seeing the progress of others, and their faces when they realize how far they've come :smile:

"Lift Heavy! Run Hard!" =D
    www.facebook.com/jenaesmithfitness
  • katertot75
    katertot75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My Top 3!!!

1.) I love love love an empty gym. I used to w/o at nights but now I'm up at 5am and it's empty. I don't have to wait for machines or alter my w/o because someone is using the equipment I need.

2.) Overweight people working out. I've watched this family of 4 drop serious pounds by working out together. I spoke with the father last weekend and he's lost 100lbs alone!

3.) My spin instructors! They're both great and really get me pumped for the class. When I feel like giving up or like I'm going to die they hop on a bike next to me or others in the class and motivate you to keep going.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Women lifting ....

Real weight, none of that pink dumbell, tricep kick back garbage.
  • sheila569
    sheila569 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    The girl that helps her blind boyfriend navigate the gym during their workouts.

A guy with nice arms and a few sexy tattoos.
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    A good pump in the mirror.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    The girl that helps her blind boyfriend navigate the gym during their workouts.

WOW, that is truly inspiring!
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    1. The people who are overweight, like I am, coming to the gym as often as I do... Makes me feel like I'm not alone in this and there is hope :) The *nods* and friendly greetings are an acknowledgement that we're in this together... even if we never speak to each other.

2. The gym staff wiping down equipment, moping floors, vaccuuming, organizing, refilling the disinfectant bottles and paper towels and cleaning the restrooms... I can say with confidence that my gym is the cleanest gym I have ever been to!

3. The friendly members already at their goal, cheering on and helping those who aren't there yet. I have yet to run into someone who is uptight or snobby and it's refreshing!
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    -- Chicks lifting heavy.
    -- The folks that started in January - still coming back!
    -- Sweat!!
    -- The encouragement (and/or jaw drops) I get when I'm in the weights.
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    someone doing something besides chest on monday

not gonna happen...lol
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    The door on the way out..........
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I rarely see it but i love seeing à girl that is obviously intimidated walk into the free weights part of the gym
  • DappledPalomino
    Options

said every male, EVER. Including my three brothers -- they asked if I had a pair and I said, DO I?! What girl doesn't?

I have yet to acquire my first pair, but it seems it's a requirement!

I love to see a clean machine, an empty gym and fresh towels.

I only got to see this once, but it was fabulous. Skinny-rude-girl epic fail on the weight machines. She was being very hateful and impatient to a lovely old lady who was a daily regular, pretty much insisting the lady hurry up and move so her special butt can work on the circuit. Long story short, skinny-rude-girl was shown up and called out by the old lady. Horrah!
  • myth4ever
    myth4ever Posts: 372
    Options
    The diversity.....seeing people of all walks of life working torwards the same goal.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    - women lifting weights
    - somewhat empty weight room. (I like people around but only if I can get in my workout w/out waiting for others.)
    - the guy at my gym who is well built and extremely good looking. You make working out that much better.
    - guys in tanks (esp w/tats)
    - people in general working hard and getting all sweaty
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I rarely see it but i love seeing à girl that is obviously intimidated walk into the free weights part of the gym

That would be me but it's rarely done when it's full of guys.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options

That was me at the beginning of the year. I haven't looked back since and all the guys are very respectful and helpful if you need something. I love lifting so much more than cardio. Now I do 90% lifting 10% cardio. I'm addicted.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    A quiet and empty pool on a day with no thunder and lightning. That's my fave. :)
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Been over weight myself. I like to see others like myself at least making a difference to their lives. I again like to see older people because it gives me inspiration for when I reach that age. I also like to see the younger end who are making the difference in an early stage. I am quite lucky to go to a gym where the staff are friendly and helpful and that the people who attend are regulars:smile:
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Women really getting a hardcore sweat....now that's cool \m/