Things you LOVE seeing in the gym

Options

Replies

• itsmarcel
    itsmarcel Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. I love seeing an empty gym. If that's not possible, then I love seeing women off of the hamster wheel and weight training instead. You don't see very much of that nowadays.
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I completely agree. I love seeing an empty gym. If that's not possible, then I love seeing women off of the hamster wheel and weight training instead. You don't see very much of that nowadays.

Nope you don't. I'm usually 1 of 3-4 girls that lift at night. A lot of the times I'm the only girl surrounded by about 20 guys. I like it!
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    GUYS with muscles sweating .. moaning lifting... making noises that sounds abit like .. well .. oh and me back there lifting rite along with them.. cuz I can !!! :love:
  • Chanita1116
    Options
    I love that the classes I take the instructors know my name and will push me when they see I'm not giving a 100%. I love how I went by myself and made friends there. I love my gym!! LOL. I love dance'n step and body pump!
  • SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    1) I love seeing overweight people in the gym and pushing themselves, that courage just to come down and get on the bike is amazing :)

2) people really getting into their work out - I was on the bike the other night and got so into my workout I was sort of dancing and mouthing along to the songs that were coming on to my ipod while I wokred out. I was totally in the zone!

Whats yours?

This...
    a. The aged and out of shape people who give their best... I like that.. I recently congratulated a guy, who has had significant weight loss. And he was very happy to hear that someone noticed and approached him.
    b. and I also some bit of motivation :D
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    There is a little old man who uses a walker and I see him quite regularly. I love it! It gives me so much motivation to keep going. He is usually on the weight machines.
  • Absidey
    Absidey Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love seeing someone reduce the weight after me on the leg press (the only machine that EVER happens).

I love seeing my team training classmates outside class getting in just a little extra.

There's one woman at my gym who joined almost 2 years ago. She was planning a major hiking excursion with her husband and had over 100 lbs to lose. She's back now from her trip, had a great time, and still pushing to improve more. I love seeing her there. She's very inspiring to me.

I love seeing other women in the free weights area. (I haven't seen any doing deadlifts or squats or bench presses yet, but hopefully someday.)

It makes me super nervous, but it's very nice when someone is very patiently waiting for me to finish a set with something they'd like to use.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    people working out together. showing off / learning / pushing each other / high fiving / enjoying the gym
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I love seeing women do legs....the indent between the quad and the hamstring is by far my FAVORITE muscle
  • predent
    predent Posts: 95
    Options
    Anybody other than the cheerleaders and football players. Seriously. I hate going to the gym on campus, but it's freeeeee and almost everything is brand new.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I saw a man yesterday who had just finished on the treadmill. He was sweating so much that he looked like he'd just come out of a pool/ a fountain. It was actually an amazing sight! I didn't know anyone could sweat that much. I liked it because it made me feel less sweaty and disgusting!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Motivated people
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    yoga pants
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love seeing people rack their weights when they're done

I love watching this 91 year old woman lift weights (not machines)

I love when no one complains to me
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I teach dance classes. I LOVE seeing how freaking sweaty people are at the end of my class :)
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    An empty line of ellipticals, preferably the new ones with TVs. I don't have TV at my house so if there is a good show on I'll stay on the elliptical on intervals for a crazy amount of time :P

When I'm the only girl in the free weight area. I'm not that strong yet, still gaining strength after a shoulder injury, but I love the looks I get.

When you start to notice overweight people losing weight/inches. I feel so happy for them!

The really fit girls - motivation!

An empty locker room :)
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I love seeing positive people who encourage others to workout.

Yoga Pants

My favorite cardio available.
  • jbdaddy1920
    Options
    GUYS with muscles sweating .. moaning lifting... making noises that sounds abit like .. well .. oh and me back there lifting rite along with them.. cuz I can !!! :love:

I can not stand the grunters. I do not need to go to the gym listening like a man is cumming like he never has before or something. It is not necessary.
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love seeing an empty row of treadmills! :laugh:

That's why I put together my own gym. No waiting and cleaner. Though I do miss watching all the beautiful bodies. :)
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    People wiping down their machines!
    When the wipe containers are full.
    Empty weight room.
    The new guys that watch me stride right past them to the weights. Yes some girls do lift weights!
    The regulars that nod at me.
    An empty treadmill so I don't have to wait.
    When there is more on the tv's than just news.
    Myself in the mirror drenched, bright red, crazied eyed knowing I did it!
    Not going to lie, some awesome eye candy abs/arms is always welcome!