Things you LOVE seeing in the gym

Options

Replies

• plumnbagel
    plumnbagel Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I love watching this unlikely friendship between a 20-something guy and a 60-something lady. She loves to talk and he loves to listen, but every once in a while she gets so wrapped up in what she's chatting about that she stops working out. He always says, "Omm, come on now, keep going!" when she pauses. She smiles and gets back to it, then continues their conversation.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I teach dance classes. I LOVE seeing how freaking sweaty people are at the end of my class :)

I want to be in your class getting sweaty with it (na na na na na na na)!!!

I'd love to see myself walk over to the free weights section and not feel like every pair of male (and female) eyes are glued on me.

I do love it when the machines I want are empty, people actually wipe down the machines they just used and I LOVE the feeling I get when I walk out knowing I busted my butt in there!
  • _JamieB_
    _JamieB_ Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing at the gym is to watch people doing pullups, love seeing the strength!!!
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Love seeing women in the weight room kicking *kitten*!
  • bridgeto1984
    Options
    My gym is at the office. I love being able to watch my "gym crush" and know that he looks just as good in his business attire as he does in the gym. Gorgeous arms = love them!
  • chunkylover22
    chunkylover22 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I love seeing overweight people in the gym!!!!!! It really inspires me.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Seeing older women -- like 60+ -- lifting heavy and wearing bodybuilding gloves. That's inspiring. And a few nice chests (on men, that is) doesn't hurt!:happy:
  • crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love seeing people's accomplishments, watching someone come in unable to run a mile then as time passes they are kicking *kitten*. Oh and the eye candy, not going to lie.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing at the gym is to watch people doing pullups, love seeing the strength!!!

Time to repost this video of me, then. :laugh:

http://youtu.be/yGFp5rE3cUU
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    Me. I love seeing me at the gym. It makes me believe that I am really there.

34 years of not being there it comes at a surprise sometimes.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Seeing people with physical disabilities still working their butts off at the gym. There is an overweight woman with a cane who comes in for personal training. There are at least two or three women who use walkers but still get their tushes on the bikes and do their workout.

Seeing preggos lifting weights and rockin' it. Let's me know I can do that someday.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    totally this

and this

Seeing my wife hit a new PR for squats(she did 175lbs a few days ago *proud*)
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I love watching myself in the mirror. I turn myself on while lifting.

I love seeing the weights area full of hot guys. Mmmm eye candy. Then I promptly walk over and join in.

I love getting compliments from guys about how much weight I have when doing triceps.

I love the look on the employees' faces when I come into the gym for the 2nd time in one day. And I love when they pick on me because "You are always here!"

I love when I'm asked by newbies if I'm the class instructor. Well, thank you! That's an amazing compliment that you feel as though I look like I could be the teacher, but I'm not!

I love when I see other women walk around the locker room naked.....since I do.

I love seeing the same people EVERY day. There are people just as addicted to the gym as me!

I love seeing my Zumba instructor. She's amazing. In the purple pants going crazy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r7g-FrOwuM&feature=plcp She makes me sweat, and I love it. I am normally in that hole right beside her looking just as crazy!

I love seeing people that started when I did and seeing their transformation over the months.

There aren't many things I DON'T love seeing at the gym.....besides people dressed in ill fitting work out clothes. UGH. :sick:
  • leslielrd12
    leslielrd12 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I love to see a man working out his legs. A lot of guys spend so much time lifting the upper body, and then they have chicken legs

I love seeing more women lifting weights. Hopefully the myth of getting bulky weight lifting is being disproved Strong=Sexy
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Girls

Girls with yoga pants

Girls doing deadlifts and squats

Girls with lots of skin showing

ummm I think that sums it up
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    1 - old people!! the gym i used to go to there would always be this man who was 74 years old still being a beast on the treadmill!! That's my goal...70's and beyond!!!!

2 - I love seeing the same faces...it's like we all have this secret bond that people who don't exercise can't understand

3 - gotta admit...I love seeing a have empty gym. less stressful to workout when you're not waiting to get on a machine.
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    The diversity.....seeing people of all walks of life working torwards the same goal.

Agreed!
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    GUYS with muscles sweating .. moaning lifting... making noises that sounds abit like .. well .. oh and me back there lifting rite along with them.. cuz I can !!! :love:

I can not stand the grunters. I do not need to go to the gym listening like a man is cumming like he never has before or something. It is not necessary.

thats what they make headphones and an ipod for
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    totally this

and this

Seeing my wife hit a new PR for squats(she did 175lbs a few days ago *proud*)

AWESOME! Squats are the devil! My trainer believes that I should only do legs on friday and that my weekend should be spent crying on my couch. hahahahahahaha
  • ClassicPearl
    ClassicPearl Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I really LOVE seeing a gym that's crowded. No joke. I work out alone 3 days a week and I enjoy the amount of people in it. I feel like... we're all together for the same purpose. It's very motivating. And I enjoy a lot of people on the treadmills. When I'm running, it's like we're running together lol, a bit cheesy.

I also love seeing people do things from p90x, like this one guy was doing the prison-style push-ups. He looked really cool!

A lot of the people in my gym are really quiet. I almost never see anyone huffing and puffing, unless you're in a class, which is where I'm at 90% of the time I'm there.