Things you LOVE seeing in the gym

Options

Replies

• msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I love a steady flow on the machines!!

I also LOVE empty treadmills! I used to be intimidated about running/walking (before I could run consistently) beside some of the "seasoned" runners at my gym, until I realized the fact that they were still running pushed me to run just as long, or as fast.. whatever I felt that day :)

Now I LOVE the competitiveness I get when going to a gym :)
  • JennyZD
    JennyZD Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I also love when people come up to me and say "you've lost so much weight, you look soooo good"... thanks for noticing :) i do the same with people that have inspired me and are still going strong!
    I LOVE seeing girls lifting heavy and old folks doing Kickboxng.

I don't mind the full gym, on the contrary I wish more people worked out!
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    yoga pants!

said every male, EVER. Including my three brothers -- they asked if I had a pair and I said, DO I?! What girl doesn't?

What are yoga pants??
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I love seeing anyone who is pushing themselves. Some people leave the gym an hour later looking like they've just walked in. I'm sure they're tired but they're not as tired as they could be.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I love to see people working hard!

I love it even more when those hard working people wipe off there machines!
  • YogaNikki
    YogaNikki Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE it when someone on any cardio machine is soooo into their music that they are either fist pumping or dancing mid-step/stride, not caring about anyone around them. Probably because I'm guilty of it, but I LOVE people who are happy to be there :)
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Every woman should own a pair of yoga pants. The end.

I agree with everyone that has said seeing senior citizens up there, my gym is smaller so we have a ton of them that come in and a bunch of them really get after it too! Love that!
  • buudharich
    Options
    Give me an early morning with the retired crowd and other people that want to beat the rat race. Still living up to doing more than anyone before 9am. Give me unvarnished faces with no blush or caked on mascara.
  • nothing1994
    nothing1994 Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Two words: Eye candy

Makes me forget my pain, and suffering.

:love:
  • natesangel
    natesangel Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    technically not a gym, but when swimming with my daughter there is this woman who is very overweight/obese, i love to see the smile i can put on her face when she comes looking discouraged and blah, and i say hi, wish her a great workout, tell her the hard work is paying off (her face is showing it!) or just give her a little something of encouragement before she even starts! she rides the bike out in the lobby at the pool and pushes herself everyday!
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    1. An empty weights area
    2. Overweight people working their *kitten* off
    3. An empty swimming pool
    4. Women in the "gents" weights area as the ones upstairs in the "womens" area aren't heavy enough
    (These are not set as defined areas, but seems this is how the gym works)
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    An open bench, available weights an empty cable station.
    No groups of people sitting on the bench chit chatting
    No one excessively grunting
    Everyone focused, sweating and putting out
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I love to see people working hard!

I love it even more when those hard working people wipe off there machines!

Agreed!! I hate it when people just leave the equipment without wiping down :mad:
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Myself, drenched in sweat and in beast mode.
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    i like to see hot dudes at the gym. makes cardio a little easier with something to check out. haha
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    I love seeing the bodybuilders working on their poses for competitions... Guys and girls! They look amazing. Great motivation.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I love seeing guys do pull ups!
  • EmilyCholette1990
    EmilyCholette1990 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I love coming in early and seeing my trainer lifting, she has such good form! She truly inspires me! :)
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I love seeing the Smith Machines not hogged up. I love seeing the Pull Up bar not hogged up. I love the regulars there as we all give that silent nod of approval. I love how when I walk in the staff knows me on sight. I do also love seeing The Big Bang Theory on the TVs so I can laugh (burn a few extra calories) while doing my warm up.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I love to see a focused individual lifting weights. Get in and get out- no standing around- no chit chat- focused on thier goal and thier work out- sweating and burning.:bigsmile: