Women Should NEVER Lift Weights!

Options

Replies

• paytonOMG
    paytonOMG Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I totally disagree! TOTALLY!

I love lifting and I wont stop! It is impossible for women to get big like the body builders, I will be lean but I will eat more than 1200 calories and I pick up higher weights!

DO no say this to women becuase we should lift. Everyone is already scared to and you are making them more scared. every body is different. You are a guy!!! You have no idea how a womens body will act to lifting, and I can promise you it will give them a great butt and hot arms, not getting stuck in door ways!

we're mocking all the ladies who think weights will make them bulky! xD
    weight training for women is amazing! i loooove my resistance training <3

WOW! I was so confused for a second. haha not all of us have the gift of understanding virtual sarcasm:tongue::tongue: :tongue:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

I love lifting and I wont stop! It is impossible for women to get big like the body builders, I will be lean but I will eat more than 1200 calories and I pick up higher weights!

DO no say this to women becuase we should lift. Everyone is already scared to and you are making them more scared. every body is different. You are a guy!!! You have no idea how a womens body will act to lifting, and I can promise you it will give them a great butt and hot arms, not getting stuck in door ways!

Love it when people totally miss the sarcasm....
    Sarcasm? I thought everyone on the internet was serious all the time. WHY DOES NO ONE TELL ME THESE THINGS?!?!?!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Oh, come on. Everyone know the air resistance you get from getting out of bed is enough of a workout for any woman. If they really want to work up a good sweat, it should be in the kitchen. Then,if they burned too many calories, they can just eat what they prepared (given their muscular man left any for them to eat).

Exactly. Making sammichs and pot pies.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    GAAAH PUNY HOOMANS!

^^Avenger's quote?!

^.^ <3

Poor Loki...and us humans!
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Then I probably shouldn't throw out my pretty pink dumbbells?
    No, in fact, you need to decorate those bad boys with Lisa Frank and Barbie stickers, but only if they're under 2 lbs. Otherwise, the excess weight from the stickers will make you bulk up super quick.

Truth. I glued rhinestones to mine and now I can only wear tube tops because my arms won't fit in any sleeves.

i wear a tube top on each of my massive arms. got to keep those bad muthas under control.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    I agree to a point... If you're lifting for resistance training, it's a great way to lose the weight. After all, the more muscle tone you have, the faster your body will burn the fat. However, if you're doing it for the sport of it -- I.E. bodybuilder status -- yeah, please don't. No guy wants to date a chick who looks more manly than he does. When used properly, weights can actually be quite helpful.
    Er.
    Mah.
    Gerd.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    GAAAH PUNY HOOMANS!

^^Avenger's quote?!

More like Hulk quote dating back from Stan Lee's Incredible Hulk in 1962. However... I'm really really glad that you saw The Avengers movie. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Yeah if you wanna get all skinny and ladylike, all you have to do is wear super tight corsets and stop eating and just take the stairs! Lifting heavy might break your nails and ugghhhh it makes you sweat too!
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I don't mind being tossed around a bit, just sayin

Said every man, everywhere.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options

we're mocking all the ladies who think weights will make them bulky! xD
    weight training for women is amazing! i loooove my resistance training <3

WOW! I was so confused for a second. haha not all of us have the gift of understanding virtual sarcasm:tongue::tongue: :tongue:

We forgive you. You are quite new here. You will see very soon that most posts are sarcastic.
  • pursuitoffitness
    Options
    Ever since I started lifting everyone just assumes I'm a man due to my huge biceps. Plus I've ripped like every shirt now. I can only wear wife beaters.
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options

Sarcasm? I thought everyone on the internet was serious all the time. WHY DOES NO ONE TELL ME THESE THINGS?!?!?!

We need a sarcasm sign, like Sheldon from The Big Bang theory.
  • Kazenouta
    Options
    I....can't tell if this is just a sarcastic post, a troll or what...So confused.
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options

We need a sarcasm sign, like Sheldon from The Big Bang theory.

I might love you... request sent :bigsmile:
  • collinj8
    collinj8 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    She-Hulk = Awesome!!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    Yeah if you wanna get all skinny and ladylike, all you have to do is wear super tight corsets and stop eating and just take the stairs! Lifting heavy might break your nails and ugghhhh it makes you sweat too!
    Just make sure the corsets aren't too heavy! No one wants bulging back muscles. That's icky!!
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    I know, I wish someone would have told me because I went from this
    427523_10152065354650425_1265247442_n.jpg

to this after to much heavy lifting
    xprs-hulk.jpg

Not to MENTION the green skin
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I agree to a point... If you're lifting for resistance training, it's a great way to lose the weight. After all, the more muscle tone you have, the faster your body will burn the fat. However, if you're doing it for the sport of it -- I.E. bodybuilder status -- yeah, please don't. No guy wants to date a chick who looks more manly than he does. When used properly, weights can actually be quite helpful.

Yes yes I agree! Like I said, men just look at me now with jealously and disgust and women just cringe.... I gots to do only cardio from now on!
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Wooah thanks for the advice! Glad I saw this before it got even worse!

I mean, I ended up like this << just overnight, literally! I only started strength training this week on the "advice" of people on here. Monday was Tai-Bo
    Tuesday was the 30 day shred.
    Wednesday was 30 minute on the elliptical with 1kg hand and ankle weights.

Today, none of my clothes fit, I've bulked up like mad!! I only eat 1200 calories a day, what to do!
    I obviously bulk up real easily. Women, it can be done, don't listen to none of this "you won't bulk up" crap. For some women like me it's just so easy!!

*sarcasm* - I know a few people in the thread took the OP seriously. I've really been training for a good few years, and eating specifically for muscle gain (which only ever shows much when I flex anyway!) Lifting weights rules!!! :drinker:
  • OneFitDude16
    Options
    ladies! its ok for you to lift weights. my mom does and shes not bulking up