Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Do you prefer apples or oranges?

Personally I quite like bananas!

wrong

Fine. Then tell me: Do you walk to work or carry your lunch?
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Misty May and Kerri Walsh HAVE to be in this discussion in my opinion. Straight domination.

I think they should be included in most discussions, about anything. With pictures.

Amen.

Seriously though...21 straight wins? Hell they hadn't even lost a set until this year, I think they said they're 42-1. That's ridiculous!
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options

wrong

How can an opinion be wrong?

There is no right or wrong answer, just opinion.

That sarcasm flew right over you.:smile:

If it was, then yes it did.

I get sarcasm, but it is very hard to convey on internet forums, compared to speech, where you can see body and facial expressions and hear tonality. A smiley after would have given more of a clue!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Actually my vote is gonna go to trey hardee cause hes hot.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Just to give you some perspective on Ashton Eaton, the men's decathlon gold medalist from the US in London:

100m dash: 10.35 seconds
    Long Jump: 8.03 meters
    Shot Put: 14.66 meters
    High Jump: 2.05 meters
    400m run: 46.9 seconds
    110m hurdles: 13.56 seconds
    Discus throw: 42.53 meters
    Pole Vault: 5.20 meters
    Javelin Throw: 61.96 meters
    1500m run: 4:33.59 min

Every single one of those scores is similar to an olympian in that area. Now, THAT is impressive.

From an interview series yesterday with Trey Hardee, silver medalist in decathlon:

'Asked whether Eaton or Bolt deserved that designation, Trey Hardee of the United States, who finished second to Eaton, said, “Ashton is the best athlete to ever walk the planet, hands down.”

Hardee added, “Just because you’re fast doesn’t make you an athlete.”

Eaton, the world-record holder, demurred. “There’s no fight,” he said. “Usain is clearly awesome. He’s an icon in his own right. Titles are for books.”

Bolt later graciously reconsidered in Eaton’s favor, saying, “I’m a great athlete, but to do 10 events, especially the 1,500” — the metric mile — “I’ve got to give it to him.” '
  • rml_16
    Options

wrong

How can an opinion be wrong?

There is no right or wrong answer, just opinion.

That sarcasm flew right over you.:smile:

If it was, then yes it did.

I get sarcasm, but it is very hard to convey on internet forums, compared to speech, where you can see body and facial expressions and hear tonality. A smiley after would have given more of a clue!

All you had to do was look at the post he was responding to in order to get the joke. Did you even read the whole thing?
  • HelloDan
    Options

All you had to do was look at the post he was responding to in order to get the joke. Did you even read the whole thing?

Is this more sarcasm?

It was my post he responded to - not only did I look at it, I wrote it! :laugh:
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Celebrate both Athletes. We are lucky to be around during the peak of 2 of the greatest athletes that have ever existed.

So true. I really do love to watch them both do what they do best.

As well as Misty May and Kerri Walsh, all the chinese divers (seriously are they diving into molasses), Aly Raisman, Gabby Douglas and countless others.

I think Walsh and May are unbelievable, but comparing a couple of gymnasts who had one good olympics with Phelps and Bolt is almost insulting.

Yet at no point in that post did I COMPARE anyone. I merely said I enjoy watching great athlete's compete.
  • Kyrosh
    Kyrosh Posts: 238
    Options
    fsa4i.jpg

Look at how cute he is!! I'd take him 10x over Bolt... Although... :wink:
  • rml_16
    Options

Is this more sarcasm?

It was my post he responded to - not only did I look at it, I wrote it! :laugh:

I'm just confused now.
  • HelloDan
    Options
    me too!

I think the safest option is just to accept that I missed the original sarcasm in response to my post, and then swiftly move back on topic! :smile:
  • HelloDan
    Options
    I've changed my mind, I think it's Steve Redgrave!
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I agree... both are awesome!
  • HelloDan
    Options
    Actually I've changed my mind again, I think it's Chris Hoy!

I'll change my mind again in a minute...
  • rml_16
    Options
    me too!

I think the safest option is just to accept that I missed the original sarcasm in response to my post, and then swiftly move back on topic! :smile:

Honestly, I didn't read back to the original post so I didn't know you wrote it. So that makes me even more confused, since the original was sarcasm, right?

I'm still all mixed up and no one answered my question: Do you walk to work or take your lunch???
  • fat2fitKara
    Options
    There both amazing athletes. But I choose Phelps because he seems more down to earth. :smokin: hehe
  • HelloDan
    Options
    Honestly, I didn't read back to the original post so I didn't know you wrote it. So that makes me even more confused, since the original was sarcasm, right?

I'm still all mixed up and no one answered my question: Do you walk to work or take your lunch???

I was sarcastic, yes.

Unfortunately I missed the sarcasm in the one word reply "wrong", which was apparently also sarcastic.

Then we had a random exchange of posts, and finally to answer your question; yes! Sarcastic to the end!!!!
  • rml_16
    Options

I was sarcastic, yes.

Unfortunately I missed the sarcasm in the one word reply "wrong", which was apparently also sarcastic.

Then we had a random exchange of posts, and finally to answer your question; yes! Sarcastic to the end!!!!

It's that British/American humor crossover. Sometimes even when it's the same, it's different.
  • pesto3000
    pesto3000 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Team BOLT!!!! I love team Jamaica when is comes to track and Feild anyways. But Bolt adds so much excitment. A modern day Ali at its finest! Love his confidence and that fact that he can back it up!! Plus hes cute ;-) lol

I love Phelps! After all he represents my country! And he's had a super career!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Hard comparisson since I'm sure one won't be able to beat the other's world record in the other sport. So being that I look at medals, I would have to say Phelps. Now if you would ask, who's faster...The Flash or Quick Silver....there is something you can really debate. And yes, Phelps was in more events, but Track and Field also has events Bolt could do like the 400m, 1000m, 1400m and so forth. No denying that Bolt is insane in his sport as Phelps is in his.