House guests

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Of course I'm a little perturbed that the Grandparents (consenting adults) aren't allowed to see the room, but the kids are ?!?!?

Who said the kids were?

You live in a tiny house and moved your daughter into your son's room. You don't keep the playroom door locked (you said you would lock it while your gp's were in town). I'm guessing she noticed she's been moved out of her room?:embarassed:

I didnt state that I don't keep it locked. Kids can not get into the room. They are 2 & 5. They can't reach the handle. But thanks for insinuating that I am a bad parent.

Obviously you should have moved to a 4 bedroom house then. Geez, girls and boys don't share rooms. What happens when they get older?

...Boys and girls don't share rooms? They're 2 and 5. It's perfectly acceptable. And when they get older, you just put those divider curtain wall thingies.

I slept in the same room with my brother until I was 7 and he was 5... true story.

When I was in my early to mid teens, my little brother (4 years younger than me) used to always come and sleep in my room. He was scared of the dark, and scared to sleep alone.

Awww!!! :flowerforyou: My youngest brother who is 8 years younger than me would always sleep in my room when I was away (to camp and such) because he missed me.... Now he doesn't want anything to do with me, the punk!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Of course I'm a little perturbed that the Grandparents (consenting adults) aren't allowed to see the room, but the kids are ?!?!?

Who said the kids were?

You live in a tiny house and moved your daughter into your son's room. You don't keep the playroom door locked (you said you would lock it while your gp's were in town). I'm guessing she noticed she's been moved out of her room?:embarassed:

I didnt state that I don't keep it locked. Kids can not get into the room. They are 2 & 5. They can't reach the handle. But thanks for insinuating that I am a bad parent.

Obviously you should have moved to a 4 bedroom house then. Geez, girls and boys don't share rooms. What happens when they get older?

...Boys and girls don't share rooms? They're 2 and 5. It's perfectly acceptable. And when they get older, you just put those divider curtain wall thingies.

I slept in the same room with my brother until I was 7 and he was 5... true story.

I slept with my sister until she got married. But now, her husband won't let me.

Wait............WHAT?

:huh: :noway: :laugh: :drinker:
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

Who said the kids were?

I slept with my sister until she got married. But now, her husband won't let me.

Wait............WHAT?
    My husband won't mind one more. Besides, my brother is quite the kicker. My husband would probably prefer having you there as a shield.

Warning: I'm a snuggler.
  • kokaneesailor
    kokaneesailor Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    attention2.jpg

Note to self: Stop reading nonsense threads.

Aye, Aye :wink:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    What're these big bolts in the ceiling for honey?

That would amuse me to no end.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Damn. I'm always late to the good ones. :sad: :sad:
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    Well so guess I have to figure something else out. I could clear a spot in the guest house but that is my husbands gym. He isn't going to like that but I suppose it will work. There is running water and everything.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Some of these responses are amazing.

Send your grandparents to my house. They can stay there. Hubby and I will take the play room. No problem.
  • duluthian
    Options
    Aha Now I know what to do with my son's room when he leaves home.................:bigsmile:
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    WOW. I am glad that I'm not related to you. If you have an air mattress, why don't you do the right thing and give them your bedroom? You and your husband can sleep on the air mattress in your playroom or somewhere else in the house or even in the tent. Or better yet, offer up your house and go stay in a hotel where you can play all night long and not disturb your grandparents.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    WOW. I am glad that I'm not related to you. If you have an air mattress, why don't you do the right thing and give them your bedroom? You and your husband can sleep on the air mattress in your playroom or somewhere else in the house or even in the tent. Or better yet, offer up your house and go stay in a hotel where you can play all night long and not disturb your grandparents.
    Derp derp derp..
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    So my grand parents are coming in town and need a place to stay. They asked if they could stay in our spare bedroom but I JUST had it redone into a playroom (Adult) and I would prefer for them not to see it. I don't want them thinking bad of their grand daughter. So I was thinking of telling them that it was under construction and locking the door. Then that leaves them no place to stay. Do you think it would be ok for me to offer them a tent and they could sleep in my yard in the back. I have an air matress they could use as well. Thoughts?

Give them YOUR room, and you sleep in the PLAYROOM maybe ?

^^THIS. Put them in your room, you sleep on the air mattress or in the tent.
  • TrishaMarie13
    TrishaMarie13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    So my grand parents are coming in town and need a place to stay. They asked if they could stay in our spare bedroom but I JUST had it redone into a playroom (Adult) and I would prefer for them not to see it. I don't want them thinking bad of their grand daughter. So I was thinking of telling them that it was under construction and locking the door. Then that leaves them no place to stay. Do you think it would be ok for me to offer them a tent and they could sleep in my yard in the back. I have an air matress they could use as well. Thoughts?

Give them YOUR room, and you sleep in the PLAYROOM maybe ?

This. A hundred times this.

This is the common courtesy thing to do when you have important guests. You always give them the master and take the crummy guest room. (Unless you have a nice guest room).

This is so obvious an answer that this thread is obviously just:

LOOK AT ME!! LOOK AT ME!!! I HAVE A KINKY SEX ROOM!! (or so I claim). EVERYBODY PAY ATTENTION TO ME! BE SHOCKED OR ALTERNATIVELY AROUSED!!

Agreed. I mean, seriously ... what kind of person offers their elderly grandparents a tent in the background? This is a joke, right?
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options

Like I hadn't thought of that idea. You are soo brilliant. But if you would have read the whole thread... THERE ARE NO ROOMS AVAILABLE. Lord. How many times doI have to say it.
  • Kristiina67
    Kristiina67 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    HEHEHEHEH.....and now she has a guest house... I LOVE Trolls.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Well so guess I have to figure something else out. I could clear a spot in the guest house but that is my husbands gym. He isn't going to like that but I suppose it will work. There is running water and everything.

wait a minute, you have a guest house and you were considering putting them in a tent in the yard - Oh I see, this is a troll post! You're just trying to be funny and now see how long you can drag this out. Well played, well played :drinker:

Guys, I'm kinda slow :yawn:
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    tent? really? why dont you let them use your room or the couch?
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Give them your bedroom, and set up an air mattress for you to sleep on in the spare room. Just tell them you want them to be comfortable, and don't take 'no' for an answer.

This, definitely.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    what the hell is in this room that cant be moved or hidden for a weekend? what do you do when other people come over and want a "tour" of your house? let them sleep somewhere decent. theyre your GUESTS.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    tent? really? why dont you let them use your room or the couch?
    She already said she can't sleep on anything besides her uber expensive mattress. Good lord people.