Sixers Heading into the Holidays WK 2

Options
123457»

Replies

• slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    test was in 2 parts, i passed one FAILED the other by 1. will retake. sick now. be back sometime. having pity party.
    Cathy,
    hugs-1.jpg
    Thinking of you. Susan
  • slightingscale
    Options
    I forgot to unofficially weigh in today.
    I weighed in, but I don't want to talk about it. It's my birthday week.
    Happy Birthday! I think you get an automatic free pass during your birthday. :flowerforyou:

Alison, thanks for the birthday greetings! Man, you should have seen the decadent bakery cake last night (thank goodness I had requested salad for dinner). It was all delicious. But, the party's officially over today - and it's back to reality. So, now just how many days are there until Tuesday's weigh in? viannen_02.gif........

Sorry about your driving test. I can relate. I wasn't used to failing any test, either. Boy, I cried and cried.
    Susan
  • slightingscale
    Options
    I officially weighed in as 143 lbs!

Hope everyone is doing well... gonna work on doing personals! going through a lot. Broke up with BF of 2 years and it has been rough. But all is well :-) and I have plenty of other reasons to smile. So I'm going to focus on the good! :laugh:
    Tiff, first off, hats off to you for reaching 143! That is a number I'm looking forward to seeing again on my scale. Congrats!
    Secondy, I'm sorry about the break up. You definitely have a lot on your plate to keep you distracted, which is always nice. Hopefully, a future relationship will be an even better match for you and your amazing abilities.
    Susan
  • marci_r2010
    marci_r2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello Sixers! I'm sorry to go MIA. Last week was particularly tough and this week promises more of the same. The Tuesday weigh in just doesn't work for me, so not sure this was the right challenge for me to take on after all. I am a Saturday girl and really like the rhythm that lends to me. Still losing... 2 more lbs gone, which is good- even better when considering the stressful weeks I've had at work lately.

Anyway, wishing you all the best! Congrats to everyone who's stickin' with it.

Best,
    Marci
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Good morning "Sixers" how was your week-end? I wish for us all to be committed to our goal this week!! I was in the city "visiting" over the week-end so I fear the "number" tomorrow!! Oh well, I had fun and most of it tasted good and I also got in a 3 mile run on Saturday! Best wishes girls!
    Verda
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    Hey Sixers,

This weekend overall was good. It was beautiful weather and I had lots of motivation to get things done. So my house is clean and 95% of the laundry is done. :happy: I think I was over-thinking the whole workout schedule on Friday and Saturday though. I was dead set on running 2.25 miles without stopping and I just couldn't do it either day. Then on Sunday I told myself that I was just going to get in a quick mile and then do some strength training. I hopped on the treadmill and just kept going and going and before I knew it, I had done my 2.25 miles!!!! Yay me!!! I am so happy that I did it. It really was all mental. :bigsmile: I think from now on, I just have to tell myself I am only going a mile. :laugh:

Hope everyone else had a great weekend, and a happy weigh-in tomorrow!!

Erin :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Rough weekend, emotionally. Kept it all in, dealt with it by not dealing with it (which was best), but ate poorly. Gained a couple pounds. Hoping to melt it all away today with positive thinking! :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Hello Sixers! I'm sorry to go MIA. Last week was particularly tough and this week promises more of the same. The Tuesday weigh in just doesn't work for me, so not sure this was the right challenge for me to take on after all. I am a Saturday girl and really like the rhythm that lends to me. Still losing... 2 more lbs gone, which is good- even better when considering the stressful weeks I've had at work lately.

Anyway, wishing you all the best! Congrats to everyone who's stickin' with it.

Best,
    Marci

Marci, we understand if this isn't the right group for you, but please know you could weigh in on Saturdays and we'd all be totally cool with it. :glasses:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I forgot to unofficially weigh in today.
    I weighed in, but I don't want to talk about it. It's my birthday week.
    Happy Birthday! I think you get an automatic free pass during your birthday. :flowerforyou:

Alison, thanks for the birthday greetings! Man, you should have seen the decadent bakery cake last night (thank goodness I had requested salad for dinner). It was all delicious. But, the party's officially over today - and it's back to reality. So, now just how many days are there until Tuesday's weigh in? viannen_02.gif........

Sorry about your driving test. I can relate. I wasn't used to failing any test, either. Boy, I cried and cried.
    Susan

Speaking of driving tests....

In the middle of my 3 point turn, a wino walked out in front of me. I looked at the tester and asked what I was supposed to do. She snottily told me it was my test, not her's. I waited for him to cross, then made a 5 point turn, landing on the wrong side of the road. Knowing I'd failed, I neglected to notice my lane was ending/merging into another. I slowed and put on my turn signal, indicating I needed to merge, once the tester pointed it out. A car behind me waved me on, and I threw up my hand in that driver's "thank you" motion, and began to merge. She WHIPPED the wheel away from me, pulling me back into the lane that was ending, and I slammed on the brakes. The guy letting me merge stopped, so I could pull back into the continuing lane. She began screaming at me, I began sobbing, and saying he was letting me merge!!!! By the time we returned to the DMV, I was sobbing hysterically. Once I told my mom what happened, she was PO'ed at the tester for grabbing the wheel from me and yelling at me.

My second driver's test.... I went to a country DMV. The three point turn was done on a dirt road that was about 3 lanes wide with no traffic, homes, or trees. :laugh: I aced that one.

And btw, I can 3 point turn AND parallel park with the best of them! :wink:
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Erin- Good job!! YAY

Lauryn- We all go through rough weekends and sometimes months but I know you will pull out of this and on the right foot and in a positive direction. Your driving story made me laugh..... and parallel parking is a skill we all wish we could do well. We have that in common too! AWWH......Hope your doing great!!! :)

Cathy- Hi there!!

Marci- Best of luck with your journey. Check in on us whenever you can! :) Take care

Well ladies...... I ate well today and I worked out 1.5 hrs. So I feel good. I'm glad.... focusing is possible when I'm off work. Well I hope you all are doing well

Verda- I hope your week goes well too!!! Keep up the great work!
  • rmchan
    rmchan Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Rhonda (rmchan) ..............SW 194.5 lbs / GW 182.5 lbs / CW 192 lbs / PROGRESS - 2.5lbs 11/3

SW 192 lbs/ GW 182.5/ CW 190.5 lbs/ PROGRESS- -1.5lbs 11/10

TOTAL = 4 LBS!!

YAY...GETTING CLOSE TO BREAKING 190.....EATING LIGHT AT NIGHT HAS BEEN THE KEY. EATING 5 TIMES A DAY...EVERY 3 HRS! I MAY ACTUALLY MAKE THIS GOAL...IT'S BEEN SO LONG..I'VE BEEN GAINING/LOSING THE SAME 3 PDS FOR SO LONG..FINALLY A BREAK THROUGH..AND THE LAST WEEK OF P90X!